[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

"
Nosferat wrote:
I don't get exactly your ele focus. Combined with skitterbots does shock work? As in the skitterbots themselves can shock enemies,yet you can't inflict ailments,so will trap work on the shock from the skitterbot?

I'm still at the gathering currency phase.

What would you recommend? 6 link shav or a better helm with enchant maybe? As in the order of importance,for now I allocated piercing shots to my amu,so at least I get +2 pierce since I don't have an enchant on my helmet.

It's only the ele focus linked gems that is prevented from shocking. Skitterbots are a guaranteed and unconditional shock against all targets without having to invest into higher shock chance etc.
The added 10% more modifier to traps is also nice.

You will gain more damage against bosses with ele focus + skitterbots vs relying on your own shock unless you're an elementalist with proper specialization.

I would definitely recommend going for a shav 6L first if you can. Look at my helmet currently worn, it's a piece of crap=P

"
Korize wrote:
Arright, time to start leveling. managed to craft a few very neat things.

These two needs a rework but I can do that while playing the build.

Damn, that's a really strong starter gear lol, I'm jealous of the helmet and the shield. :)
Last edited by oestergreen on Dec 31, 2019, 8:51:18 AM
Build is really coming along well despite some big upgrades I still need. I think overall, there's some frustration with the T16, Awakening 6+ bosses but I like to imagine everyone is having deaths to these as well.

I feel that my damage doesn't look as good as OP's though. Attempted Sirus Awakening 6 and got him to 35% but the chip damage having to move a lot hurts and I think I had something like 4 cyclones spawn that fucked my entire arena up. Hate the RNG of the fight overall.

But still, if you don't mind a few deaths here and there, it's still cooking through steady 16s and most Meta bosses!

If anyone could suggest my next upgrade, I would super appreciated it!
Last edited by aqrunnr on Dec 31, 2019, 2:41:16 PM
"
aqrunnr wrote:
Build is really coming along well despite some big upgrades I still need. I think overall, there's some frustration with the T16, Awakening 6+ bosses but I like to imagine everyone is having deaths to these as well.

I feel that my damage doesn't look as good as OP's though. Attempted Sirus Awakening 6 and got him to 35% but the chip damage having to move a lot hurts and I think I had something like 4 cyclones spawn that fucked my entire arena up. Hate the RNG of the fight overall.

But still, if you don't mind a few deaths here and there, it's still cooking through steady 16s and most Meta bosses!

If anyone could suggest my next upgrade, I would super appreciated it!

Hi m8, I compared your POB side by side with mine to see why you struggle with deaths and mostly I think it's because you lack damage for now.

Do you use POB? if so, try import my character.

Atm, with same settings enabled in POB, you're at 180k while i'm at 370k, that's of course a huge difference for just 3 levels difference and also having 1k more ES. But mostly the real problem is the damage difference.

Try get a cheap shield with 200'ish ES and 60-70+ spelldamage or lightning damage and if possible crit chance to spells also. It'll give you a decent chunk from what you're using atm.

Try get a stygian with STR on it to save a skill-tree point and add a decent jewel at like 10-20c, it'll also give you a chunk of dps.

You don't have skitterbots active yet, take a peek at my build at how I squeezed them in, without any mana reduce items yet (i don't have neither helm or shield yet - you can wait with skitters though, the other parts right now are more important)

Buy a lvl 21/20 lightning trap gem, they cost almost nothing and will boost you a LOT (10-15c).

Your jewel socket is wasted until you get a jewel that will at least increase your dps by 15k+ in POB.

I've taken the liberty of adjusting your skill-tree, you'll be at 7k ES which is fine, cuz it's damage you badly need. I've changed some pathing and points and added a 14c skill gem (21/20 lightning gem), but without changing any of your gear you've gone up from barely 178k to 265k, which I'm sure you'd feel instantly and things will start dying on your screen before you die.

Later on when you've gotten better gear and can afford good jewels, you can adjust your tree back to what I'm using, it's not a lot of points (like 6-7 points that need changing).

POB of my changes to your tree: https://pastebin.com/JjkCbTBT

Last edited by oestergreen on Dec 31, 2019, 4:09:24 PM
Your weapon is beast against mine...

I found one with
+94% trap dmg
+63% spell dmg
73% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
+34% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
craftedAdds 4 to 112 Lightning Damage to Spells

Is better than mine? bcs i dont know if to focus on trap dmg or only Lughtning dmg
"
bravo373 wrote:
Your weapon is beast against mine...

I found one with
+94% trap dmg
+63% spell dmg
73% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
+34% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
craftedAdds 4 to 112 Lightning Damage to Spells

Is better than mine? bcs i dont know if to focus on trap dmg or only Lughtning dmg

Look on the lightning trap gem, it says exactly what it is, Its a Spell, Trap, Lightning.

So that scepter that you found is actually Really good for that. Waaay better than your current one.
Im here again. Is the "+% increase energy shield " inc the overall ES or just increase the ES of the base only?

I also wonder how ES recharge so fast even getting hit recently, got all ES rechage nodes but mine is slow to recharge.
Last edited by Chtholly on Jan 1, 2020, 1:37:43 PM
I so happy to have found your build, its nice to try something new:)
I have been rolling with firetrap/flamethrower build, and got stuck at tier 14maps this league, struggling on metamorphs and bosses, and scaling was weird,so decided to reroll to sth different.
Spent all my currency on your build, now i have more wiggle room for gear advance and scaling (you can call this build an ENLIGHTN build :D)
At this stage im missing single target damage, theres plenty of way for me to go to get watchers eye and level all those enlightens :D but i think with this gear i should be able run tier 14-15 bosses, could you please tell me if i am doing anything wrong.
How do you craft all those cool weapons and shield? i cannot find any of them to buy on trade.

Mah gear:

"

Thank you for helping:)
"
Vasqudo wrote:
I so happy to have found your build, its nice to try something new:)
I have been rolling with firetrap/flamethrower build, and got stuck at tier 14maps this league, struggling on metamorphs and bosses, and scaling was weird,so decided to reroll to sth different.
Spent all my currency on your build, now i have more wiggle room for gear advance and scaling (you can call this build an ENLIGHTN build :D)
At this stage im missing single target damage, theres plenty of way for me to go to get watchers eye and level all those enlightens :D but i think with this gear i should be able run tier 14-15 bosses, could you please tell me if i am doing anything wrong.
How do you craft all those cool weapons and shield? i cannot find any of them to buy on trade.

Mah gear:

"

Thank you for helping:)

Hey mate, I'm glad you're enjoying it

A quick way to boost your dps significantly is getting the lightning enchant on boots from either merciless or uber lab (uber is best of course).
It will boost you quite a bit (it boosts me about 6-7% for just one enchant)

The reason is that we are trappers and gain advantage from fact that WE don't kill anything, our traps kill. The lab enchant reads: Adds 1 to 160 lightning damage if YOU haven't killed anything recently. And because its always traps killing, we simply just gain that added damage permanently and 24/7 active.

Also your jewels, I would remove those points entirely and invest them into damage in your tree until you can afford jewels with at least 1 multiplier (elemental, lightning, spell or global multiplier) and trap/spell damage and 6-8% ES. (minimum stats to be worth investing into jewel sockets)

Lastly, get piercing enchant on helmet from lab, even if you have to buy the lesser one from merciless to start with, it's important your trap can pierce packs, it'll keep you much safer.

Take a look at my response to Aqrnr on this same page above your post, it's a very similar situation. Have fun blowing stuff up=)

Last edited by oestergreen on Jan 1, 2020, 6:56:52 PM
Thank you very much, you put so much work into managing all this build thread. I like how you post your progress, that really helps to get into the idea how build performs daily. Glad you are a part of poe community :)
When is time to change Master Sapper to Tranquality?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info