[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

You can use two of these here for more strength!

And you can remove your

In order to replace it with better options:

Last edited by foreversense on Oct 6, 2019, 10:28:45 PM
"
N0esy wrote:
"
zelfon wrote:
@NOesy what's wrong with my character, my damage is low and I can't kill the chimera.

Would you help me ?

Hi, Chimera is by far the most difficult boss of all the Shaper guardians for this build. This is because you can't heal in the smoke phase and you get stunned a lot if you are not cycloning. Thus, it is always a good idea to reroll deadly mods in Chimera maps, especially when you are not confident.

If the damage is the problem, you can improve it by doing the following:
1) increasing your gem levels and quality. Your CoC support is only level 5 now. Also consider buying level 21 ball lightning, which costs only 30c now.
2) Making uncapped lightning resistance the highest (Now your uncapped fire resistance is the highest, so The Wise Oak grants fire pen, not lightning pen.
3) This build suffers a lot to cap elemental resists, so help Alira bandit is highly recommended. It also grants crit multi and thus increases your damage.
4) Your attack speed is actually too much while silver flask is active. If you attack more often than the cooldown of CoC, you end up losing DPS. You should aim at around 6.0 attack per second. My suggestion is to use Mjolner without the attack speed implicit.

P.S. you should keep cast when damage taken setup low level, otherwise it doesn't proc often enough. Visit the skill gem section of this guide.

thanks for suport. I will change as resistance and improve lvl gems. Thx
"
foreversense wrote:
Hello there, nice build but I have some problems!

I am having some problems with the dmg on this build. Everything seems fine and I am testing things out with Elemental Equilibrium

Why am I not getting the same dmg as you do on the shaper and other stuff?
Here is my Passive Tree
In general I have better stuff than you do but still, I do less dmg. I had the same problem with previous builds where I had to stand a lot of seconds until I kill a rare enemy or a unique enemy.

Well, you gear might be more expensive and probably give you more ES, but its definatly not better for this build, as OP supposed gear.

I will show you what you are missing:
FLASKS:
- 14% lightning penetration from wise oak
- crit chance is lucky from diamond flask
- onslaught (silver flask)

--> This alone is probably about 30% - 40% more damage if you change that. As crit in a CoC build is extremly important

Helmet:
- 40% increased Ball lightning enchant
- 9% lightning penetration

--> Probably another 15-20% more DPS

Boots:
- 3- 69 Lightning damage each hit (about 6% more)

Gloves:
- crit chance corruption

Rings:
- Mark of the shaper (about 12% more damage)

Amulet:
- Aspect of the spider (5-15% more damage)
- and the chance for other damage mods

Shield:
You have 10% increased damage. In guide is a shield with 71% increased spell/Lightning damage

Annoint: Tranquility gives about 20% more damage

Socketed Gems:
Well, i gues you changed gems. If not you should change them. You have no ball lightning in your Chest (this is your main damage damage, lol)
Last edited by Mathorg on Oct 7, 2019, 1:07:51 AM
"
FLASKS:
- 14% lightning penetration from wise oak
- crit chance is lucky from diamond flask
- onslaught (silver flask)

I have onslaught boots...and wise oak is really necessary?

"
Helmet:
- 40% increased Ball lightning enchant
- 9% lightning penetration

That's just 40% dmg...nothing special

"

Gloves:
- crit chance corruption

I have assassin's mark on hit with my ring...giving +2 critical strike chance more than those gloves.

"
Rings:
- Mark of the shaper (about 12% more damage)

Yea this one gives 79 spell damage, that's true

"
Amulet:
- Aspect of the spider (5-15% more damage)

That's not a lot of dmg for an amulet

"
Shield:
You have 10% increased damage. In guide is a shield with 71% increased spell/Lightning damage

Ok another 70% spell damage increase

"
Annoint: Tranquility gives about 20% more damage

I am in standard...

So from the calculations, I am missing at least 150% spell damage and crit chance is lucky from flasks. My criticals are 50% chance all the time (spells and cyclone) so hopefully that adding more dmg with some jewels will fix the problem
Last edited by foreversense on Oct 7, 2019, 1:48:52 AM
Really enjoying this build, I call it the lightning lawnmower. I'm not a seasoned enough player to know what I should focus on upgrading next, I'm thinking shield for more spell/lightning % or helm with lightning pen. Any help is much appreciated! I am aware my boots need lightning damage, fat fingered wrong mod in search
Last edited by maka140 on Oct 7, 2019, 9:35:05 AM
Loving the build! I tried 1 divine orb on my Lethal Pride and got 20% fire res, 30% melee crit chance, 20% armour, and .4% attack damage leeched as life. Poggers or no?
Love the damage and tankiness of the build!

Any suggestions to further min-max the build is appreciated :)

Got the recommended jewels as well.

Cheers!
"
foreversense wrote:
Hello there, nice build but I have some problems!
Why am I not getting the same dmg as you do on the shaper and other stuff?
In general I have better stuff than you do but still, I do less dmg. I had the same problem with previous builds where I had to stand a lot of seconds until I kill a rare enemy or a unique enemy.

Short answer: Don't take elemental equilibrium, use diamond & The Wise Oak flask, and use my suggested passive tree.

OK, first of all, elemental equilibrium doesn't work in this build, because ball lightning hit a lot more often than cyclone. You are increasing enemies' lightning resist all the time. Also, you are taking less effective nodes, like area damage (ball lightning doesn't scale with area damage, it does scale with increased AoE though) and "crit chance for spells" node cluster.

Diamond flask is huge, your DPS will increase by at least 20%, probably more than that. The Wise Oak is pretty good because we have little lightning pen. Against Shaper, 15% lightning pen from the max-rolled Wise Oak grants you like 20% more damage. If you run a map with an elemental resistance mod, the effectiveness of the Wise Oak is even higher. Just use it.

Also I don't like your amulet, because stun is not an issue in this build. You are immune to stun while cycloning. Trust me, use a rare amulet. You don't need a second curse, just use conductivity with vortex/curse on hit. This setup inflict much stronger curse than those in your ring. Sure, you won't be able to inflict a curse all the time, but you don't need a curse against normal/magic monsters anyway. It's very easy to drop vortex on rare/unique enemies, because you can do it while cycloning. So I suggest replacing your rings with Mark of the Shaper and an elder ring.

"
foreversense wrote:
You can use two of these here for more strength!

And you can remove your

In order to replace it with better options:

Interesting idea, but keep in mind that Efficient Training grants very poor stat (int to str conversion and around 20 str). Using two of them is a lot of cost. Unless your timelss jewel gives insane mods, the passive tree suggested in this guide should be better.
Hey!

Thinking about swapping to a Cast on Crit spec from Cobra Lash, what would you say are the pros and cons from this spec vs. some of the other cast on crit ice nova-frostbolt Cospri's Malice builds? This is my second league so I'm still a little unfamiliar with the mechanics and how these builds might shape up against each other.

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info