[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

"
GoAwayHumans wrote:
I seem to be blind. why ghost reaver?

Because ghost reaver doubles your maximum ES leech rate. By taking this your maximum leech rate becomes 20% of your maximum ES per second (from 10%).
Update:
Still with my budged gear but lvl 90 now (9k ES, but i picked up some more damage). no 21/20 gems. most are only 18/0.
- Killed uber elder for the very first time ever. Have never tried him bevor and killed him on my first try (only 1 portal left at the end though)
- farming guardians and red tier maps usually always deathless

Honestly, this build is so strong, that im not even sure if i want to invest into it further. Probably gonna farm till i break my so far personal level record (only lvl 92). If i can reach lvl 95 i will have reach "Foresight".

Im positive i can reach lvl 95 with this build. After i get there, im gonna dumb all currency into it and hope to not need "Utmost Might" annoint anymore and swith over to "Tranquility" annoint, for about 25% more DPS.

My next goal after this would be to try to do red tier blight maps.

Will keep you updated.

And thanks again for sharing. Really enjoying this build!

Edit: Has anyone tried HoGM with this yet? I want 100% map completion this season and was wondering if i need a carry or take a scorching ray with me, or if i can just faceroll it.
Last edited by Mathorg on Oct 6, 2019, 9:32:59 AM
Thanks for this build! I've been playing it the last week or so and even though my gear is in far budget category, I killed my first ever shaper and I've been playing off-and-on since basically open beta.

Level 91, ~8.5k ES.

Thanks for sharing.

Here is my gear for anyone interested:
Last edited by Aevaris on Oct 6, 2019, 10:18:03 AM
"
Mathorg wrote:
Update:
Still with my budged gear but lvl 90 now (9k ES, but i picked up some more damage). no 21/20 gems. most are only 18/0.
- Killed uber elder for the very first time ever. Have never tried him bevor and killed him on my first try (only 1 portal left at the end though)
- farming guardians and red tier maps usually always deathless

Honestly, this build is so strong, that im not even sure if i want to invest into it further. Probably gonna farm till i break my so far personal level record (only lvl 92). If i can reach lvl 95 i will have reach "Foresight".

Im positive i can reach lvl 95 with this build. After i get there, im gonna dumb all currency into it and hope to not need "Utmost Might" annoint anymore and swith over to "Tranquility" annoint, for about 25% more DPS.

My next goal after this would be to try to do red tier blight maps.

Will keep you updated.

And thanks again for sharing. Really enjoying this build!

Edit: Has anyone tried HoGM with this yet? I want 100% map completion this season and was wondering if i need a carry or take a scorching ray with me, or if i can just faceroll it.

Thank you for the comment.
I did HoGM this league. Unfortunately this build can't handle the CI scorching ray guy, because his high block chance counters this build pretty hard. Good thing is that you can kill him by just using Balefire with elemental focus and burning damage support (I used fire penetration support as well but later I realized scorching ray is not affected by fire pen). I didn't use ruby flask, but if you are not confident bring it, too. You don't have to change your passive tree.
I want to try this build but few questions:

1. How's the Blight Maps so far?
2. Can be a Delver? I supposed.
3. What should be in priority? Helm enchant or -9 Lightning Resistance craft? Can't find a combination of both on the market.

Thanks much!
Haha well. I bought balefire and the gems. Went to HoGM. ANd cleared it without using it. Just rushed through it and nothing could stop me. Was probably lucky and did not get the high block guy, or dont know what happed.
"
meister1523 wrote:

1. How's the Blight Maps so far?

You can kill T15 blighted map mobs really quickly. You can also facetank blight bosses easily. So I would say this build is good at doing blighted maps. However this build is melee, so there are better builds if your focus will be blighted map farming.
"
meister1523 wrote:

2. Can be a Delver? I supposed.

Last league I reached depth 450, killed Aul there as well. Depth 450 didn't feel difficult at all, mobs died instantly and I didn't take any significant damage there. I can't comment on deeper depth though.
If you are interested, you can watch my delving video from last league here.
"
meister1523 wrote:

3. What should be in priority? Helm enchant or -9 Lightning Resistance craft? Can't find a combination of both on the market.

You must craft this helmet by yourself. Buy a helmet with the enchant and spam dense + metallic fossil crafting. It may require a lot of trials but eventually you will be able to get something good. Good thing is that dense and metallic fossils are very cheap this league.

-9 res grants much more damage than the enchant, so prioritize -9 res. This league it is difficult to find the ball lightning enchant, so you might want to skip it.

"
Mathorg wrote:
or dont know what happed.

I understand what you mean, everything dies instantly, lol.
I'm sure you can't kill that guy with this build, so you were very lucky.
Last edited by N0esy on Oct 6, 2019, 2:33:56 PM
@NOesy what's wrong with my character, my damage is low and I can't kill the chimera.

Would you help me ?
"
zelfon wrote:
@NOesy what's wrong with my character, my damage is low and I can't kill the chimera.

Would you help me ?

Hi, Chimera is by far the most difficult boss of all the Shaper guardians for this build. This is because you can't heal in the smoke phase and you get stunned a lot if you are not cycloning. Thus, it is always a good idea to reroll deadly mods in Chimera maps, especially when you are not confident.

If the damage is the problem, you can improve it by doing the following:
1) increasing your gem levels and quality. Your CoC support is only level 5 now. Also consider buying level 21 ball lightning, which costs only 30c now.
2) Making uncapped lightning resistance the highest (Now your uncapped fire resistance is the highest, so The Wise Oak grants fire pen, not lightning pen.
3) This build suffers a lot to cap elemental resists, so help Alira bandit is highly recommended. It also grants crit multi and thus increases your damage.
4) Your attack speed is actually too much while silver flask is active. If you attack more often than the cooldown of CoC, you end up losing DPS. You should aim at around 6.0 attack per second. My suggestion is to use Mjolner without the attack speed implicit.

P.S. you should keep cast when damage taken setup low level, otherwise it doesn't proc often enough. Visit the skill gem section of this guide.
Hello there, nice build but I have some problems!

I am having some problems with the dmg on this build. Everything seems fine and I am testing things out with Elemental Equilibrium

Why am I not getting the same dmg as you do on the shaper and other stuff?
Here is my Passive Tree
In general I have better stuff than you do but still, I do less dmg. I had the same problem with previous builds where I had to stand a lot of seconds until I kill a rare enemy or a unique enemy.
Last edited by foreversense on Oct 6, 2019, 9:23:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info