[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

"
Thanks for the great build. I've been following your thread for the Scion version and took your suggestion to try it out with an Assassin instead. Using this build I got my first uber elder kill this league, and deathless no less.

I'm glad this build worked well for you.

"
Is it possible to use some other lightning skills instead of BoL? Arc for example?

In terms of damage you have a lot of choices. However, this build relies on ball lightning's high hit frequency and "ES on hit" Watcher's eye for defense, so if you use a lightning skill other than ball lightning, your defense will be a lot worse.
Last league a friend of mine tried CwC spark instead of CoC ball lightning for mob clear, while using ball lightning socketed in Mjolner for single target damage. Because spark can hit multiple times, you don't lose too much ES recovery. Overall his build had better clear speed at the cost of single target damage.
Last edited by N0esy on Oct 1, 2019, 4:56:38 PM
Thanks for the build!

I crafted a elder amulet like this should I multimod it and what mods would I put on it?

Last edited by animevt on Oct 2, 2019, 6:00:46 AM
"
animevt wrote:
Thanks for the build!

I crafted a elder amulet like this should I multimod it and what mods would I put on it?

Hi, I don't think multimodding this amulet is worth it, at least for this build.
The reasoning is the following:
1) This amulet doesn't have +ES mod, and +ES mod from bench craft is not amazing.
2) 50 strength is very nice but you really need all attributes mod here. Otherwise you have to spend some passive points on dex, or equip SinTrek, which means you lose some damage.
3) For my character "gain 13% of non-chaos damage as extra chaos damage" mod is comparable to T1 crit multi mod, so this amulet is not amazing in terms of damage.
4) If you look for an amulet with "+40 ES", "+25 all attributes" and "+30 global crit multi", you can find good ones at 6-50c. You can find my search result here.
Of course, You want to craft "20% increased ES" mod to them, so you have to annul/beastcraft (add a suffix, remove a prefix) and pray to the RNG god if they don't have an open prefix. Even if your RNG is not great, these amulets are very cheap and therefore overall crafting should cost much less than 2 ex.
I have a watcher's eye that gives the ES leech + damage penetrate 14% of lightning res while affected by wrath. In that case would it be more effective to use wrath instead of zealotry since I don't have a zealotry modifier. Thank you
"
JakeLuhrs wrote:
I have a watcher's eye that gives the ES leech + damage penetrate 14% of lightning res while affected by wrath. In that case would it be more effective to use wrath instead of zealotry since I don't have a zealotry modifier. Thank you

Interesting question!

Does your Watcher's Eye have the ES on hit mod? If not, I wouldn't recommend using the WE, because ES leech is only a minor part of our sustain. Our build concept is to abuse the ES on hit mechanics.

I did some calculations on PoB, using my character (good gear, high level). The result is the following:

1. Compared to Zealotry, (Wrath + 14% lightning penetration) has 4% more Shaper DPS while affected by a diamond flask.

2. While unaffected by a diamond flask, Zealotry deals 4% more damage than (Wrath + 14% lightning pen).

So, in terms of damage, (Wrath + 14% lightning pen) and Zealotry are almost the same. However, because Zealotry provides more crit chance and hence more ball lightning projectiles, your sustain becomes better. Consecrated ground created by Zealotry also gives you 6% ES regeneration. Therefore, I prefer Zealotry over Wrath.

Edit: If you spend some resources you can use both wrath and zealotry. I might try this in a few days.

Last edited by N0esy on Oct 3, 2019, 12:34:39 PM
Did you think about Vulkuur version with lightning damage can poison and go full poison?

Everything with many hits is pretty suited for poison honestly. Might be even more DPS. But from looking at your videas more DPS is not really needed. But might be worth a try.
Hello, isn't Ball lightning additional projectile enchant better than 40% dmg? Thanks
"
Mathorg wrote:
Did you think about Vulkuur version with lightning damage can poison and go full poison?

Everything with many hits is pretty suited for poison honestly. Might be even more DPS. But from looking at your videas more DPS is not really needed. But might be worth a try.

This is what I theorycrafted very hard before the league start. There are several issues if you convert this build into a poison version:
1) You cannot use Shaper's Touch. This means you will have accuracy problem. Probably the best solution to this is to equip Lycosidae, but I hate this shitty shield.
2) Because you cannot use Shaper's Touch, you cannot take CI either.
3) Poison builds cannot kill mobs quick enough, because poison is stacking DoT. This is a critical issue of melee poison builds, because those mobs will more likely to attack you before they die.

These issues are just too much imo. You might get higher potential DPS in a prolonged fight, but do you really need it when everything dies in less than 2 seconds?

Self-casting ball lightning poison build may be worth a try.

"
Nazern2 wrote:
Hello, isn't Ball lightning additional projectile enchant better than 40% dmg? Thanks

No, because multiple projectiles from the same cast or trigger doesn't hit the same target at the same time. This means that an additional projectile is useless against a single target. The only benefit is having a little bit better AOE, but I don't think it is necessary in most cases.
Last edited by N0esy on Oct 3, 2019, 12:55:47 PM
How difficult is it to get the Watcher's eye with ES on hit?
Exactly as difficult as it is to farm 2 exalts. At least in blight trade league right now :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info