[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

"
maka140 wrote:
Really enjoying this build, I call it the lightning lawnmower. I'm not a seasoned enough player to know what I should focus on upgrading next, I'm thinking shield for more spell/lightning % or helm with lightning pen. Any help is much appreciated! I am aware my boots need lightning damage, fat fingered wrong mod in search

1. Your elder ring has a useless crafted mod. Ball lightning is not an attack. Replace it with something like "increased damage" or "add xx fire & lightning damage".
2. Craft a helmet with "-9 lightning res".
3. Tranquility anointment is always a great option if you can afford it and you can equip Mjolner without Utmost Might.
4. Your shield is not bad, I think you should prioritize other items. If you are rich, consider crafting this kind of shield.
"
Anointedone wrote:
Loving the build! I tried 1 divine orb on my Lethal Pride and got 20% fire res, 30% melee crit chance, 20% armour, and .4% attack damage leeched as life. Poggers or no?

It's not bad, i wouldn't reroll it if I'm poor. Otherwise, reroll.
"
N0esy wrote:
"
maka140 wrote:
Really enjoying this build, I call it the lightning lawnmower. I'm not a seasoned enough player to know what I should focus on upgrading next, I'm thinking shield for more spell/lightning % or helm with lightning pen. Any help is much appreciated! I am aware my boots need lightning damage, fat fingered wrong mod in search

1. Your elder ring has a useless crafted mod. Ball lightning is not an attack. Replace it with something like "increased damage" or "add xx fire & lightning damage".
2. Craft a helmet with "-9 lightning res".
3. Tranquility anointment is always a great option if you can afford it and you can equip Mjolner without Utmost Might.
4. Your shield is not bad, I think you should prioritize other items. If you are rich, consider crafting this kind of shield.

Thanks for the feedback. Did not know about the mod on ring, easy fix. I will look into crafting as it is new to me, have some fossils laying around that are needed. I'm not rich, so I will probably save up for the Tranquility annointment as I recently dropped efficient training for a damage jewel.
"
meister1523 wrote:
Love the damage and tankiness of the build!

Any suggestions to further min-max the build is appreciated :)
Got the recommended jewels as well.

Cheers!

Your gear is already solid, so there aren't many options.
1. I don't think -3 mana cost mod of your ring is useful. I would replace it with a damage mod.
2. level 4 enlighten + aspect of the spider would be a huge upgrade. If you prefer tankier option, use flesh and stone instead.
3. Get a lot of strength from your gear and replace Efficient Training with a rare jewel.
"
fiestaforesta wrote:
Hey!

Thinking about swapping to a Cast on Crit spec from Cobra Lash, what would you say are the pros and cons from this spec vs. some of the other cast on crit ice nova-frostbolt Cospri's Malice builds? This is my second league so I'm still a little unfamiliar with the mechanics and how these builds might shape up against each other.

Thanks!

Hi, I played CoC ice nova back in 3.5, following this guide . Compared to this ice nova build, my build is much tankier, because you have more ES pool and your ES recovery is much better. Another important thing is that CoC ice nova produces insane visual effect, which makes you unable to see what your enemies are doing. This is a big issue for newer players like you. In contrast this build doesn't produce a lot of visual effect. You can see everything clear.

I can't think of cons of this build, as it is top-tier in every aspect.
"
fiestaforesta wrote:
Hey!

Thinking about swapping to a Cast on Crit spec from Cobra Lash, what would you say are the pros and cons from this spec vs. some of the other cast on crit ice nova-frostbolt Cospri's Malice builds? This is my second league so I'm still a little unfamiliar with the mechanics and how these builds might shape up against each other.

Thanks!

Difference from this to CoC Cospri Icenova/frost bolt:
ES gain on hit, paired with a few hundred hits per second single target and almost endless hits per second in stuff like blight.

With this build you can facetank almost anything, as you have high ES and refill it instant.

Frost variant has usually permafreez as defensive layer and probably more damage (not sure about that), but lacks the ES sustain.

I played both (frost has been a few leagues though) and would never go back to frost again. This build here just has no weakness at all. At least i havent found one yet.
"
N0esy wrote:
"
Anointedone wrote:
Loving the build! I tried 1 divine orb on my Lethal Pride and got 20% fire res, 30% melee crit chance, 20% armour, and .4% attack damage leeched as life. Poggers or no?

It's not bad, i wouldn't reroll it if I'm poor. Otherwise, reroll.

Are the mods for lethal pride you listed in the guide pretty much the best? I wasn't sure if those were potential options for one node, or all.
Last edited by Anointedone on Oct 7, 2019, 5:36:30 PM
Does headhunter fit into this build? I recently got one and started using it, the problem is I’m under resist cap with cold and lightning thus making wise oak meh. Here are my items I kinda messed up on the chest piece.

I have more than 412 str without the str jewel if it makes any difference.
Last edited by animevt on Oct 7, 2019, 7:08:04 PM
"
Anointedone wrote:

Are the mods for lethal pride you listed in the guide pretty much the best? I wasn't sure if those were potential options for one node, or all.

I think you can get good mods on two nodes at a reasonable cost. In your case, fire res is good, and 30% melee crit chance is okayish. The other two are not good. So your lethal pride has 1.5 good mods. If you have a lot of currency why not reroll more to get better mods?
"
animevt wrote:
Does headhunter fit into this build?

I have no idea because I have never tried HH in this build. I guess it works. To cap cold and lightning resistances you can change your ring or get more resists from your jewels.

I like your beautiful amulet btw!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info