[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

Okay, starting to accumulate some items for the spec, got a few nice ones.

Have some questions on this belt I have - got lucky with a few chaos spams, or at least I think. Is the % attributes mod global to the belt? Is this worth keeping without a strength roll?

Posting back in. Got my first ever UE kill today with this build, so thank you so much. I finally, after 6 years, beat the game XD

Plenty to still upgrade, but I'm happy with my league progress this league. THis is also fairly off-meta such that it is likely to be a good fall back regardless of league.
One question: Why we using ele focus in both our lightning balls setups? Isnt it worth to have one of them inflict shocked? Or ist the shock value too low, because we dont have big hits, but hundreds of small ones?
Rolled this build a couple days ago (well, respecced my league start cobra lash assassin) and was doing uber elders later the same day. Really nice build and was even doing T16's with uncapped res due to having trouble hitting strength rolls + resists on my rares. all done mostly without helm enchant and no -9% lightning res rolled on helm. Also managed to hit above 10.5k ES and fit in Tranquility with % attributes on my belt and chest (sadly crafted, as I couldn't hit it on my elder base but hit double T1 ES + T1 res so I kept it). Can't imagine how much tankier it would be with a fort corrupt on weapon.

Awesome build, thanks for the guide.
Thought about using auls amulet with discipline or wrath reserves no mana for an extra aura? can also use a -15% reduced mana cost shield and run skitterbots too
What about vaal RF? 28% more damage when you need it sounds nice, especially as we refill the lost ES instantly
"
fiestaforesta wrote:

Have some questions on this belt I have - got lucky with a few chaos spams, or at least I think. Is the % attributes mod global to the belt? Is this worth keeping without a strength roll?

Hi, your belt looks very nice, definitely worth several exalts. The %attributes mod grants you 36 strength if your base strength is 400. This means that a flat strength mod gives more strength. If you have no problem reaching 412 strength, this belt is amazing because the %attributes mod also increases your intelligence, which in turn increases your ES. On the other hand, if you suffer from reaching 412 strength, sell it and craft or buy another one.

"
Mathorg wrote:
One question: Why we using ele focus in both our lightning balls setups? Isnt it worth to have one of them inflict shocked? Or ist the shock value too low, because we dont have big hits, but hundreds of small ones?

I haven't done the math, but my thought on shock is the following.
Shock effect is dependent on damage you deal to a target. If shock effect is 1%, it's not worth the investment, because you replaced the best support gem (elemental focus) with something else. Let's say, shock effect of 5% is worth it. To inflict 5% shock, you have to deal 1% of target's maximum life. The problem here is that if you can deal 1% of target's maximum life by a single hit, you'll kill it in a second anyway, because this build can hit more than 100 times per second.
I understand that the real math is a lot more complicated than this and I'm underestimating the effect of shock. However, I still think that shock is kinda "win more" mechanics for this build; you can shock them when you don't need it, and you cannot shock them when you need it.
Ring crafted mod "shock enemies for 4 seconds when you focus" is a solid choice though.

"
Rosslol wrote:
Thought about using auls amulet with discipline or wrath reserves no mana for an extra aura? can also use a -15% reduced mana cost shield and run skitterbots too

Never thought about it. It would increase your DPS a lot, but do you really need more DPS? If your goal is to kill Uber Elder, you don't need it at all. If you goal is to do deep delve bosses or cortex carry for 5 players, sure it might be a good idea. You must get extra str and dex from your gear, and you lose some ES, though. Personally I don't think it's worth the investment. This build is already suffix-hungry, and the loss of the all attributes mod really hurts.

"
Mathorg wrote:
What about vaal RF? 28% more damage when you need it sounds nice, especially as we refill the lost ES instantly

Vaal RF is a solid choice, but I'm a lazy player and don't want to press a lot of buttons. This one is also dependent on your goal; if your goal is Uber Elder, you don't need vaal RF.
Last edited by N0esy on Oct 8, 2019, 1:30:42 PM
Haha yeah. I have killed UE already with my budget gear several times now. And i could probably double or tripple my DPS with better gear and 21/20 gems.

Probably gonna pack a vaal RF, as my skill bar is still pretty empty and i wouldnt mind activating it on blight bosses.
Was considering looking at swapping this to LL to see how it faired, you looked into that?
"
Rosslol wrote:
Was considering looking at swapping this to LL to see how it faired, you looked into that?

Hi, this build already has a good balance between offence and defense. The LL version will of course have much more DPS, but you lose too mucn tankiness imo. But if you like glass cannon build, why not try it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info