Reset Passive Skill Tree

Everybody pick a quarrel with me because my lifestyle. You know what? Let's "reset" the thread. Nobody has any business with my lifestyle so stay professional.
This is a general forum for discussion. I have every right to request a feature. I made proposals to achieve it.
Summary my last idea for respecc:
- Available only in standard league
- Available over level 60
Every character that meet the above requirements has 0/3 charges for respecc at start.
- Every 20 level a character get one respecc charge (so 60,80,100)
- Every month the character get one respecc charge
So the maximum of respecc always 3.

The competitive parts of the game are the other leagues than the standard. If you didn't wish to play gamers who can respecc than go any other league.
In this way everybody could be happy. The players who are for respecc and player against it.

Start the argue from here. No personal, just about the future. I don't care what anybody think of me. This thread is not about me. It's about a future request.
Of course the designers will decide about it.
I welcome any argue in the matter of my ideas (not about myself).

I really appreciate some designer/dev answer, who can says "Not feasible because... (how it affect the game or game economy globally what can only be judged by the dev team, not the players /sorry/)" or "Ok. We think about it and see it is possible to make this."
I think a good Solution would be a change in the Orb of Scoundring.

Instead of giving 1 Refund Point, i would like to choose 1 Passiv-Skill and everything in this Web-Lines that cant be choosen without this 1 Passiv-Skill will be refunded.
"
Ikzdeh wrote:
I think a good Solution would be a change in the Orb of Scoundring.

You mean the Orb of Regret.

"
Ikzdeh wrote:
Instead of giving 1 Refund Point, i would like to choose 1 Passiv-Skill and everything in this Web-Lines that cant be choosen without this 1 Passiv-Skill will be refunded.

This would be unbalanced, because the 6 base class with 2 regret totally reset their passive tree by removing the two base point. However the scions has 6 base point.
And the main problem, that the respecc would be too easy to get. Almost any time free respecc.
"
SAKRAY wrote:
This is prob. asked more often but kinda in a hurry before rushing to work.

Can you reset your Passive Skill Tree? I did saw an item in game once that resets 1 point I thought.

But can you do more then 1 point since I kinda screwed 3/4 up. And maybe through the realmoney shop or?

wait a major patch that offers a full respec. There is one regulary.
IGN TylordRampage
^^
Last edited by RPj0tr on Nov 22, 2013, 9:28:48 AM
^
"
RPj0tr wrote:
Forget real money.

"
Maximum number of respecc are five.
Every character start with 0/5 respecc point.
There should be two way of gaining respecc point.
- Every 20 level the character awarded with one respecc point
- Every two weeks the character awarded with one respecc point

This can be extended with restrictions:
- avaliable only standard league
- avaliable above level 60
The options are almost infinite.

I have just come here to tell you my story. I have started playing the game again just last week. I played the game first when it was in beta but came across a couple of bugs and left the game to come back when it was more stable and had a larger community.

The first thing I came up against was again the skill tree itself. I remember when I played beta I didn't level anything until I was level 15 because I didn't know what to do. This time same thing happened but I just used the skills thinking I could take them back via some sort of skill reset system. After leveling to 30 I had to come here and learn that I have leveled in the shittiest way and can't correct them. It seems I can correct them but an easier method is to level another toon.

Now I am starting again with another character trying to maximize game play for high levels and it seems whatever I do it still might suck late game. It means that I have to level same class just to play different styles. (1h, 2h, tank, ranger!!)

What I don't get is how come there are no inputs from the developers about this issue? Is this something that might be implemented some unmentioned period of time? Maybe 6 months from now?

I'd have to say I just agree with RPj0tr a skill reset tree is the best way to find good builds and customization. Right now I'm trying to go with whatever is written in the forums as best build for 2 handers because I just can't take the risk of a bad character after I have sinked 250hours of gameplay.
"
Ctusa wrote:
"
RPj0tr wrote:
Forget real money.

"
Maximum number of respecc are five.
Every character start with 0/5 respecc point.
There should be two way of gaining respecc point.
- Every 20 level the character awarded with one respecc point
- Every two weeks the character awarded with one respecc point

This can be extended with restrictions:
- avaliable only standard league
- avaliable above level 60
The options are almost infinite.

I have just come here to tell you my story. I have started playing the game again just last week. I played the game first when it was in beta but came across a couple of bugs and left the game to come back when it was more stable and had a larger community.

The first thing I came up against was again the skill tree itself. I remember when I played beta I didn't level anything until I was level 15 because I didn't know what to do. This time same thing happened but I just used the skills thinking I could take them back via some sort of skill reset system. After leveling to 30 I had to come here and learn that I have leveled in the shittiest way and can't correct them. It seems I can correct them but an easier method is to level another toon.

Now I am starting again with another character trying to maximize game play for high levels and it seems whatever I do it still might suck late game. It means that I have to level same class just to play different styles. (1h, 2h, tank, ranger!!)

What I don't get is how come there are no inputs from the developers about this issue? Is this something that might be implemented some unmentioned period of time? Maybe 6 months from now?

I'd have to say I just agree with RPj0tr a skill reset tree is the best way to find good builds and customization. Right now I'm trying to go with whatever is written in the forums as best build for 2 handers because I just can't take the risk of a bad character after I have sinked 250hours of gameplay.

i and many others would disagree, best way to find/learn a good build in poe is to start a new toon. and if you really want to respec, you can do it with regrets...a friend of me just bought 80 regrets in standard to respec his lvl90 ranger....but every char below lvl80 should get rerolled...
The elements are my allies.
The dead are my servants.
And fear...will be my closest friend.

Deutscher Global Channel "/global 4745"
There are 2 ways to get full respec:

1) GGG implements major passive skill changes (doesn't happen often)

2) 120 orb of regrets
"
fsg wrote:
"
RPj0tr wrote:
Where would be pay-to-win if somebody change its build every 2-3 weeks?

[Removed by Admin]

imagine there is a build A which rapes end game content, but it doesnt start to shine until late 70s early 80s. the leveling process is extremely tedious. the major downside of the build is the leveling process

imagine there is a build B which rapes everything until lvl 70

imagine there is a way you can level as build B, then by paying REAL MONEY change to build A, effectively circumventing the one major downside of build A, the leveling process

how would that not be pay to win?

you shouldent care what other people are doing with their characters unless you have personal issues.

full unlimited respecs IMO, anything else is just an excuse to make people relevel that dont really want to
Last edited by adddemon on Nov 25, 2013, 4:35:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info