Reset Passive Skill Tree

"
jsnazz wrote:
I bet they'll sell a respec orb bundle via microtransaction since its big part of the game and people tend change build etc after playing around with their set up xD

I hope they never do that.

Likewise to selling items.

It would remove some of the permanence and possible error in the game, which is honestly half of the fun.

VI
Guess I am odd and I am not sure how I accept this viewpoint in my own brain but...

I hope they never allow full resets (except when GGG does it server wide) but I would be fine with them selling orbs used for gamb...errr...crafting in a parent void league.
Crafting doesn't exist in POE. Gambling does...and the house always wins.

Velocireptile - I LOL'ed. Which made me fart. I wish the office were empty right now :(

Hardlicker - I had to push the dog out of the way so I could get to the sexy quilt.
Wow. I'm starting to regret that I played this game. I didn't like my build in the first playthrough and thought to myself that I will respec on higher difficulty. Not the case.
You are basically saying that the charecter I've puted my soul in should now be replaced.

Oh, well. Goodbye.
I have other issues to support my view about the question.
The current passive skill tree has it's own disadvantages. You have to burn-in the weapon type you want to use (for example lots of point to one hand sword /dmg, accuary, speed/). So you can't change you weapon, if You find a much better but for example in a form of one hand axe. If you can't reset you skills, you can't use your all new mighty weapon.
Last edited by RPj0tr on Dec 5, 2013, 10:48:10 AM
^
Path of Exile isnt bad, I think ggg made a solid game, besides the lag/desync (which isnt the worse thing) but the lack of a option for a full reset is totally crap.People usually reroll new characters/classes because they choose/want to, its kinda stupid to reroll because you have to when the chosen nodes/path turned out to be crap. It's not like there are only a few options to spec, there are so many. There should have been a reset reward after finishing cruel/merciles for example. I dont mind supporting ggg/paying for additional stuff like stash space (like I did in gw2), but rerolling the same class to try out a differend build!? That changed my mind on supporting. Uninstall ftw.
Only people I see whine about this are people with ~1 week/month played and have bought zero supporter packs.
I think we all know to which category these people belong to and there's no way they should be demanding fundamental changes to the game here.

Goodbye! Don't come back!

PS. Respecs will NEVER be sold. And that's how it's supposed to be ;)
Last edited by mushioov on Dec 18, 2013, 8:16:41 AM
^ Utter BS.

A Free2Play game like this is completely dependent on players liking it. In fact, liking it so much that they are WILLING to spend money on it. It's not a retail game where they pay the full price and then have to go with it. If they like it good, if not, money wasted.

But here you mustn't forget: People get the game FIRST and THEN decide whether they deem it worthy of their money. After playing it. After spending time and getting a good idea of what it is.

PoE is a great game but not being able to respec can be a MAJOR turn off for a lot of people that may otherwise like the rest of the game. People that maybe would spend money on the game to customize their beloved character or support the game. A game that YOU like as well and a game that will die if not enough other people like it enough to spend money.

Don't make it a purchase with money, that is a given. But make it more accessible for everyone. Maybe an NPC service. And probably give one free reset to everyone that reaches a certain level.

It is "casualization" in a sense, but is it really bad? I think not. On the whole I think it would be a massive improvement.
There already is a full respec, it's called 100 regret orbs...

If you noticed by the bandit respec cost (20 regrets), GGG does not intend to make respec easy
"
micxiao wrote:
There already is a full respec, it's called 100 regret orbs...

If you noticed by the bandit respec cost (20 regrets), GGG does not intend to make respec easy

I've spent around 15 regrets plus all the quest rewards to do some tweaking and it worked out just fine. But it's a ymmv thing because I think a lot of players don't have the discipline to save up for end game adjustments. Plus if anyone is thinking to do an entire respec then they better be good at trading for those regrets. The drop rate is somewhat too low imo.
Last edited by Baskerville on Jan 1, 2014, 10:25:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info