[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Can I replace one of the jewels with an Emperor's Wit ? That gives me 6% Int increase for this build. If so what do I replace ?
"
BowWizard wrote:
Can I replace one of the jewels with an Emperor's Wit ? That gives me 6% Int increase for this build. If so what do I replace ?

Look to see if it gives you more Int than one of your brute force solutions or fertile minds and replace if it does.?
"
Zuuule wrote:
"
BowWizard wrote:

Look to see if it gives you more Int than one of your brute force solutions or fertile minds and replace if it does.?

Yeah I pumped it into POB. The difference is negligible so I'll stick with Fertile mind.
I completed budget stage of the build and started carefully transforming into full version and hit a snag:

1) Megalomanics with Cold to the Core + Blanketed Snow are non-existant at current stage of nearly-dead-league :( So i just gone for 2 Megalomaniacs with Cold to the Core. Well there is one listing for 500 divs... yeah...

2) Full version Rares, especially amulet, are in the Mirrors cost zone. Unreachable for grumply old man with really casual number of hours.

Anyway - that was really fun and enjoyable build to play for me :) Learned quite a few new things! I do like how everything clicks together in this build. Thank you OP!
"
Orphas wrote:

2) Full version Rares, especially amulet, are in the Mirrors cost zone. Unreachable for grumply old man with really casual number of hours.

It's easy to craft a killer amulet like mine:

1. Buy a fractured lapis with at least 33 to all attrs as the fractured affix.
2. Scour and get to 20q
3. Blessed to get 36 int on implicit
4. Buy a lake with "reflection of Kalandra" with at least 10-12 difficulty, depending on your currency stash
5. Buy a bunch of spites and roll the amulet, looking for 68-69 int and no other useful affixes (especially no resists, anything with "life" other than max life, no mana, no mana regen, no es, no % to max es.) Basically, nothing that, if it went negative, you'd be unhappy.
6. Go mirror it in the ethereal mirror. You have a 50% chance to hit a killer upgrade.
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
Orphas wrote:

It's easy to craft a killer amulet like mine:

1. Buy a fractured lapis with at least 33 to all attrs as the fractured affix.
2. Scour and get to 20q
3. Blessed to get 36 int on implicit
4. Buy a lake with "reflection of Kalandra" with at least 10-12 difficulty, depending on your currency stash
5. Buy a bunch of spites and roll the amulet, looking for 68-69 int and no other useful affixes (especially no resists, anything with "life" other than max life, no mana, no mana regen, no es, no % to max es.) Basically, nothing that, if it went negative, you'd be unhappy.
6. Go mirror it in the ethereal mirror. You have a 50% chance to hit a killer upgrade.

Thank you for this. I've been looking for a way to upgrade my amulet myself. i almost S**T when I got this back from the mirror...

Then i noticed the all attributes was negative, lol. Ohh well back to the drawing board
@Zuule -- you really do want to 20q the amulet before mirroring. Unless you can handle -14% to all elemental resists, you should have either tried to annul that off or just continued rolling spites.

You had a 50% chance to win. Give it another try! You don't need to go above a difficulty 12 (or even 10) mirror.
"
Graiaule wrote:
@Zuule -- you really do want to 20q the amulet before mirroring. Unless you can handle -14% to all elemental resists, you should have either tried to annul that off or just continued rolling spites.

You had a 50% chance to win. Give it another try! You don't need to go above a difficulty 12 (or even 10) mirror.

I do plan on trying again, forgot about the quality, lol ohh well. The tablets are pretty pricy so will need to save for another.
Took it all the way this league, just wanted to say thanks for the guide. Fun build to just spin through maps.
Started this build way back when Kelvynn first published it (yes I've been working on it for that long). It's been through a few changes but I always knew it would free me from the tyranny of the XP overlords.

My first level 100 character solo (no rotas or other fancy stuff) in Standard. Thanks for maintaining such a great build. May the nerf hammer never cast it's long shadow here !

Might have to give the trickster based one a go now though levelling another character is not very appealing.
Last edited by BowWizard on Oct 31, 2022, 3:46:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info