[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
BowWizard wrote:
What's the benefit of Arcane Surge at 21/20 ? I can't see any benefit over 20/20 from the wiki or POB but maybe I'm missing something ? As usual they are much more in Standard than league *sigh* so I want to make sure before I pull the trigger on getting 2 of 'em for the build

lvl21 gives 1% more more damage. Whether increase that small is worth the investment depends on what other options you have to increase damage.
Last edited by Cjin on Sep 28, 2022, 10:29:16 AM
"
Cjin wrote:
"
BowWizard wrote:
What's the benefit of Arcane Surge at 21/20 ? I can't see any benefit over 20/20 from the wiki or POB but maybe I'm missing something ? As usual they are much more in Standard than league *sigh* so I want to make sure before I pull the trigger on getting 2 of 'em for the build

lvl21 gives 1% more more damage. Whether increase that small is worth the investment depends on what other options you have to increase damage.

A 1% increment isn't really worth the cost.

I noticed there is a Bonechill - ideally divergent. You get 10% more increased effect of chill but you lose 20% increased chill duration by using it. Losing 20% increased duration seems like a down side. Where's the upside ?
"
BowWizard wrote:
A 1% increment isn't really worth the cost.

I noticed there is a Bonechill - ideally divergent. You get 10% more increased effect of chill but you lose 20% increased chill duration by using it. Losing 20% increased duration seems like a down side. Where's the upside ?

Bonechill makes enemies hit by the chill of the supported gem to take increased damage. How much increased depends on the strength of the chill effect. Divergent makes chill stronger making enemies take higher increased damage. Duration is not a problem, you can just reapply it, and +20% is not long increase anyway.
Last edited by Cjin on Sep 28, 2022, 12:41:33 PM
Are there any lab enchants for gloves or helmets that are useful for this build ? About to embark on some lab runs and might as well grab enchants while I'm there.

I assume there is no useful belt lab enchant (and yes I know there is a special lab you need to run if there is) but if there is one let me know as well.
"
BowWizard wrote:
Are there any lab enchants for gloves or helmets that are useful for this build ? About to embark on some lab runs and might as well grab enchants while I'm there.

I assume there is no useful belt lab enchant (and yes I know there is a special lab you need to run if there is) but if there is one let me know as well.

For gloves Commandment of Reflection. (chance to create mirror image when hit, takes few hits off from you)

For helmet any that increased mana reservation efficiency for one of the auras you are using.

For belt, nothing that really does anything.
Wow 750 page thread, I tried this build many leagues ago thanks for it. About to try it again. I noticed a strange thing just looking at the passive tree. Taking the small +10 int node just to the right of elemental overload lowers int.. I was thinking you could take that node instead of the str node below it to path to templar side of tree, but it lowers int in poe.
"
Cjin wrote:
"
BowWizard wrote:

For gloves Commandment of Reflection. (chance to create mirror image when hit, takes few hits off from you)

For helmet any that increased mana reservation efficiency for one of the auras you are using.

For belt, nothing that really does anything.

Thanks for those tips !
"
Phrozenq wrote:
Wow 750 page thread, I tried this build many leagues ago thanks for it. About to try it again. I noticed a strange thing just looking at the passive tree. Taking the small +10 int node just to the right of elemental overload lowers int.. I was thinking you could take that node instead of the str node below it to path to templar side of tree, but it lowers int in poe.

Reason is the 2 Split Personalities on top left cluster. They get their stats multiplied based on how far away they are from your starting location. The shortest path you can get to them using nodes you have activated. They are so powerful, you want optimize your passives to be long path from start to them. Taking that node would make the node work as a shortcut to them making the jewels much weaker.
Thanks for the build. I have been enjoying it so far.

The build suggests the master of fear notable on a small cluster and also unnerve on hit implicit on gloves.

Am I correcting in thinking that having both is not needed and that the gloves implicit is preferable so that we could get a different notable?
"
Vero12 wrote:
Thanks for the build. I have been enjoying it so far.

The build suggests the master of fear notable on a small cluster and also unnerve on hit implicit on gloves.

Am I correcting in thinking that having both is not needed and that the gloves implicit is preferable so that we could get a different notable?

Once you have the 2 megalomaniac jewels you don't need the small clusters with notables Master of Fear or Wish for Death. I'm actually running with the unnerve on hit on the gloves, a megalomaniac with Cold to the Core/Genius and a small cluster with Wish for Death until I can afford the other megalomaniac in standard (which will be never since there is only 1 at 500 divines in trade). It's working just fine.
Last edited by BowWizard on Sep 29, 2022, 3:54:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info