[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
BowWizard wrote:

What's your build look like if you don't mind sharing ? I'd love to face tank but I can't stand and face bosses for more than 1 hit at most. Character isn't a glass canon but it's not that tanky either. My ES is around 8.7k atm and Int is just over 2k. Getting more is an expensive min-max exercise in Standard.

FYI you can import their character into PoB since it's public, use their account name in the import section. I noticed a big change in survivability when going to 10-11k ES and around 2500 int.

"
Tides5 wrote:
How are people playing Blights with this build? Not finding much success there with Whispering Ice. Mostly get overrun as soon as the blight starts with more than 2 different pathways

Blight in maps is always hit and miss for me at least at T16 as I don't have enough damage to fully solo the waves and there's often not enough time to get good enough towers. Blighted maps are easy just relying on towers and annointed jewellery - meteor tower burning ground and empower tower increased range. Use level 3 stun tower + level 3 empower and as many meteor towers you can afford. If there are fire or earth immune waves, add in max level lightning and level 3 frost.
I'm playing the occultist version of this as I did the last league. I was planning to add some increased item rarity to the build with rings and item rarity support. I'm wondering how I can add item rarity support to the occultist version.

The occultist has profane bloom as you know and if I support icestorm with iir, I don't think it will trigger off profane bloom explosions. I think my dps is good enough to remove a gem from the weapon and to add item rarity support but I don't know how I can trigger it. Are there any gimmicks I could do to achieve this? Also do you guys have any suggestions on where I can add iir on gear?

Here is my current gear.
"
shujaa wrote:
"
BowWizard wrote:

What's your build look like if you don't mind sharing ? I'd love to face tank but I can't stand and face bosses for more than 1 hit at most. Character isn't a glass canon but it's not that tanky either. My ES is around 8.7k atm and Int is just over 2k. Getting more is an expensive min-max exercise in Standard.

FYI you can import their character into PoB since it's public, use their account name in the import section. I noticed a big change in survivability when going to 10-11k ES and around 2500 int.

"
Tides5 wrote:
How are people playing Blights with this build? Not finding much success there with Whispering Ice. Mostly get overrun as soon as the blight starts with more than 2 different pathways

Blight in maps is always hit and miss for me at least at T16 as I don't have enough damage to fully solo the waves and there's often not enough time to get good enough towers. Blighted maps are easy just relying on towers and annointed jewellery - meteor tower burning ground and empower tower increased range. Use level 3 stun tower + level 3 empower and as many meteor towers you can afford. If there are fire or earth immune waves, add in max level lightning and level 3 frost.

Kriell's profile isn't public so I can't import or look at it unfortunately
Last edited by BowWizard on Sep 26, 2022, 8:25:37 AM
"
BowWizard wrote:

I also find casting Ice storm manually seems to cause a delay in the response with frostblink and vortex - they seem to take longer than if I'm just cycloning - or is that just my imagination ?

I thought my profile was public but here's a pastebin. Just tick enemy is a boss/pinnacle boss as appropriate: https://pastebin.com/nQ7ubHYE
Or for a quicker look: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/kriell/Krielandra

Some changes I made/personal preferences (I like being tanky!):
- I love Enduring Composure ("Gain 1 Endurance Charge every second if you've been Hit Recently"). I use this on every build that doesn't otherwise have end charges. Comes with Armor% Small Cluster Jewels or Megalomaniac. I also picked +1 Endurance Charge near a jewel slot to make it even better.
- I use Determination to have a fair deal of Armor with flasks on. I have a very specific Megalomaniac to make this possible but you can just do it with a combination of a helm enchant, mana res. efficiency, enlighten 4, and discipline ES mastery. This makes Simulacrums etc. a lot easier and helps a bit with Ubers.
- I use expensive Stat Large Clusters (% Spell Damage). Honestly probably not even optimal but they were cheaper than usual this league so I went for them. Easy way of getting lots of resistances too.

As for self-casting being a bit clunky, the Frenzy charges from Raider helped a lot already. So get those Forbidden jewels when you can. Alternatively (or additionally), you could also get the caster node cluster with Mental Rapidity because the Caster Mastery "Spells which gain Intensity have +1 to maximum Intensity" is actually a really nice damage increase while the cast speed is QoL as well.
Last edited by kriell on Sep 26, 2022, 1:02:35 PM
love the build, but im just stuck at trying to kill bosses

also some of these archnems have wayyyyyy too much dmg and its ridiculous

lakes are unbearable after a specific difficulty....10+ im getting creamed

yes yes i can upgrade a few things here and there with my equipment. if that is your suggestion, i would love you to donate me some divines as that is what it costs for my upgrades

also bricked an opal ring because i was gambling for reflecting mist

build got me to 22 challenges....not bad...but so far my lvl 81 CoC ice nova has been feeling better than WI scion....i dont know....this league in general just feels bad
"
kriell wrote:
I thought my profile was public

It's definitely public, or I have magic powers because I can import it into my PoB.
Thanks for sharing your ideas, I kinda stalled on this build this league but still one of the more fun play-styles for me. Can you estimate how much you had to spend on the gear? I'd probably try this build again in future as a 2nd character with my main making the money for it.
"
shujaa wrote:
"
kriell wrote:

It's definitely public, or I have magic powers because I can import it into my PoB.
Thanks for sharing your ideas, I kinda stalled on this build this league but still one of the more fun play-styles for me. Can you estimate how much you had to spend on the gear? I'd probably try this build again in future as a 2nd character with my main making the money for it.

I definitely use the same strategy. I league start some budget character that I farm currency with and then roll something like an int stacker. If you do that, crafting your own gear can save you a lot of money and you might hit something really good while doing it.

It's really hard to cost effectively buy int stacker gear in one go. I usually spend a week or two looking for reasonably priced, good gear while also trying to craft my own where none is available. Sometimes I craft decent pieces for a fraction of what people would be asking for such pieces at the time because there's just almost no one selling any. On the other hand, sometimes some more hardcore crafter lists a good item for way less than I feel like I'd spend making a similar one because he's aiming for near-perfect ones.

In that vein, I'd suggest setting up search bookmarks for things like clusters, megalomaniacs, and mirrored lake rings. Those things really come and go and the prices can be all over the place. Like my megalomaniacs were 1 and 8 divs but I'd certainly price them higher myself. I just grabbed them through live search.

As for my gear/the cost, I started playing this build with like 40 divines and probably spent 200 in the end. It sounds bad but in reality it was just incremental upgrades. Like a helm with 300+ ES and T1 %int and good flat int might cost you 10 divines, but you can grab one with T2 %int and similar stats for 3 divines. Same with the body armor and such.

The stat large cluster jewels are expensive (20+ div probably) and Emperor's Mastery is a completely optional luxury thing that's really expensive. This final body armor was also expensive. The necklace I crafted myself on a freak luck streak. Aside from that, nothing I'm using is particularly expensive (10+ div), I think.
Last edited by kriell on Sep 26, 2022, 1:29:31 PM
"
shujaa wrote:
"
kriell wrote:

It is public. I failed to see the character tab, dumbass that I am :-)
"
kriell wrote:
"
shujaa wrote:
"
kriell wrote:

I definitely use the same strategy. I league start some budget character that I farm currency with and then roll something like an int stacker. If you do that, crafting your own gear can save you a lot of money and you might hit something really good while doing it.

It's really hard to cost effectively buy int stacker gear in one go. I usually spend a week or two looking for reasonably priced, good gear while also trying to craft my own where none is available. Sometimes I craft decent pieces for a fraction of what people would be asking for such pieces at the time because there's just almost no one selling any. On the other hand, sometimes some more hardcore crafter lists a good item for way less than I feel like I'd spend making a similar one because he's aiming for near-perfect ones.

In that vein, I'd suggest setting up search bookmarks for things like clusters, megalomaniacs, and mirrored lake rings. Those things really come and go and the prices can be all over the place. Like my megalomaniacs were 1 and 8 divs but I'd certainly price them higher myself. I just grabbed them through live search.

As for my gear/the cost, I started playing this build with like 40 divines and probably spent 200 in the end. It sounds bad but in reality it was just incremental upgrades. Like a helm with 300+ ES and T1 %int and good flat int might cost you 10 divines, but you can grab one with T2 %int and similar stats for 3 divines. Same with the body armor and such.

The stat large cluster jewels are expensive (20+ div probably) and Emperor's Mastery is a completely optional luxury thing that's really expensive. This final body armor was also expensive. The necklace I crafted myself on a freak luck streak. Aside from that, nothing I'm using is particularly expensive (10+ div), I think.

Really appreciate you posting the links, even though, as I now realise, your character profiles are public. Is all this gear craftable in Standard or limited to Kalandra league only ?

I've been using the original POB and gear guide. The gems are no problem but I've hit a wall with Int and ES and the forbidden jewels. Prices are of course always stupid in Standard, but they seem to have becomes completely insane. The forbidden jewels for example are 25-35 divine each so those are out of reach, at least unless someone post some for a crazy low amount and I find 'em before anyone else does :-). Might give your POB a shot on an alt character and see how far I get at some point. Thanks again for sharing.
What's the benefit of Arcane Surge at 21/20 ? I can't see any benefit over 20/20 from the wiki or POB but maybe I'm missing something ? As usual they are much more in Standard than league *sigh* so I want to make sure before I pull the trigger on getting 2 of 'em for the build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info