[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
I feel like I have hit a dps wall that i can't get past. This build has the worst dps of any build ive ever had in league. I am missing the crazy expensive jewels, but I just do not see how they are gonna make much difference. Bad experience so far. I do not like it. Quitting league actually.

You are not only missing crazy expensive jewels but much more and many basic stuff like belt with 15%int explict, mirrored rings from lake, split personality with int and eva(or es, not with life!).. sorry but your character looks like just lazily put together.
Don't use this build if you are looking for one ya'll. Unless you are ready for it to be crap until you can shell out like 50 divines to make it just ok.
Last edited by PaleBlueDot413 on Sep 22, 2022, 11:56:02 AM
"
Koscigrob wrote:
"
I feel like I have hit a dps wall that i can't get past. This build has the worst dps of any build ive ever had in league. I am missing the crazy expensive jewels, but I just do not see how they are gonna make much difference. Bad experience so far. I do not like it. Quitting league actually.

You are not only missing crazy expensive jewels but much more and many basic stuff like belt with 15%int explict, mirrored rings from lake, split personality with int and eva(or es, not with life!).. sorry but your character looks like just lazily put together.

It seems "lazily" put together because of how expensive all the good stuff for it is. It is too weak a build to do end game content to get big payouts.

Split personality with ES and Int is too expensive. There is no belt with % increased Int in explicit, only implicit which I have. My rings are the best I could afford and not missing much int from GG anyway. Your response seems ignorant. This build is pure dog poop.
Last edited by PaleBlueDot413 on Sep 22, 2022, 11:58:49 AM
"
BowWizard wrote:
"Cast When Damage Taken Support with REQUIRED lv matching Immortal Call, ideally Anomalous 20q"

Does this mean I need the Anomalous version of CwDT, or just Immortal Call should be the Anomalous version ?

I believe he is saying that if you can get both in anomalous that would be the best setup, but not required.

"
This build is pure dog poop.

You're missing 10% int from helm, 12% int and 6% incr attrs from chest, 9% from belt, your rings are meh, you're missing 1% on your staff and you don't have a bossing staff.

As they say, crap in, poop out. Gratz!
"
Karan_3 wrote:
Is anyone else struggling when fighting uber bosses with this build?
Self casting Ice Storm feels very clunky, am I really supposed to keep channeling and only use Frostblink to dodge every hit? That works well for the normal version of those bosses, but uber bosses usually have reduced cast and attack times.
CoCing makes dodging autohits and mechanics more manageable, but then the already low dps becomes abysmal.

You're not really supposed to dodge unless you have to. This build, if you have some gear, can take a real beating. You just need to trust your defenses and stand there casting the Ice Storm. Your ES leech should keep you topped through most attacks while you do it.

It takes some testing but once you figure out what your character can and can't take, Uber Bosses become pretty easy. Here's some testing I did on Uber Shaper:
https://imgur.com/a/nOo8NaO

And the DPS is hardly bad if you're able to just stand still casting. Intensify drops your DPS a lot if you're running around in panic.
Last edited by kriell on Sep 24, 2022, 4:41:38 AM
"
kriell wrote:
"
Karan_3 wrote:
Self casting Ice Storm feels very clunky, am I really supposed to keep channeling and only use Frostblink to dodge every hit? That works well for the normal version of those bosses, but uber bosses usually have reduced cast and attack times.
CoCing makes dodging autohits and mechanics more manageable, but then the already low dps becomes abysmal.

You're not really supposed to dodge unless you have to. This build, if you have some gear, can take a real beating. You just need to trust your defenses and stand there casting the Ice Storm. Your ES leech should keep you topped through most attacks while you do it.

It takes some testing but once you figure out what your character can and can't take, Uber Bosses become pretty easy. Here's some testing I did on Uber Shaper:

And the DPS is hardly bad if you're able to just stand still casting. Intensify drops your DPS a lot if you're running around in panic.

Wow 22k+ ES is crazy. It already felt great when I reached 12k+, must be super comfy at that level.
How are people playing Blights with this build? Not finding much success there with Whispering Ice. Mostly get overrun as soon as the blight starts with more than 2 different pathways
"
Zuuule wrote:
"
BowWizard wrote:
"Cast When Damage Taken Support with REQUIRED lv matching Immortal Call, ideally Anomalous 20q"

Does this mean I need the Anomalous version of CwDT, or just Immortal Call should be the Anomalous version ?

I believe he is saying that if you can get both in anomalous that would be the best setup, but not required.

They ain't expensive so I'll grab both. Can't hurt
"
kriell wrote:
"
Karan_3 wrote:

What's your build look like if you don't mind sharing ? I'd love to face tank but I can't stand and face bosses for more than 1 hit at most. Character isn't a glass canon but it's not that tanky either. My ES is around 8.7k atm and Int is just over 2k. Getting more is an expensive min-max exercise in Standard.

I also find casting Ice storm manually seems to cause a delay in the response with frostblink and vortex - they seem to take longer than if I'm just cycloning - or is that just my imagination ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info