[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

I am following this build and have just switched to CI at level 58.

I have the four link chest piece and have CWDT, ball lightning, hextouch and enfeeble, as suggested. However, it never seems to activate. CWDT and ball lightning are both level one, as recommended.

Any suggestions?

Does it matter that I now have 1 health with CI? How do I take the requistite amount of damage to trigger CWDT?

Apologies if this has been answered before.
@Averil -- make your characters public so we can see what is going on.

In general, how do you know enfeeble isn't activated?
My apologies, but I'm not sure how to make the characters public.

I noticed that the ball lightning never triggers. I went and let myself slowly get beaten and the cwdt never triggered.
"
Averil62 wrote:

I noticed that the ball lightning never triggers. I went and let myself slowly get beaten and the cwdt never triggered.

Go into your privacy setting in your poe account and uncheck the box for "Set profile as private". This will make your character public so we can take a look at it.
"
Averil62 wrote:

Top left of this page where it reads "Logged in as [account name]" press the [account name]

Then on right side under your avatar press the link "Edit privacy settings"

Uncheck "Hide Characters tab" and press Update.
"
kriell wrote:
"
Karan_3 wrote:
Is anyone else struggling when fighting uber bosses with this build?
Self casting Ice Storm feels very clunky, am I really supposed to keep channeling and only use Frostblink to dodge every hit? That works well for the normal version of those bosses, but uber bosses usually have reduced cast and attack times.
CoCing makes dodging autohits and mechanics more manageable, but then the already low dps becomes abysmal.

You're not really supposed to dodge unless you have to. This build, if you have some gear, can take a real beating. You just need to trust your defenses and stand there casting the Ice Storm. Your ES leech should keep you topped through most attacks while you do it.

It takes some testing but once you figure out what your character can and can't take, Uber Bosses become pretty easy. Here's some testing I did on Uber Shaper:
https://imgur.com/a/nOo8NaO

And the DPS is hardly bad if you're able to just stand still casting. Intensify drops your DPS a lot if you're running around in panic.

Thanks for the clarification, so it is just an issue of not having good enough gear. I felt more than beefy enough with 14k ES, it never occurred to me that I was supposed to be able to facetank uber bosses.

"
Top left of this page where it reads "Logged in as [account name]" press the [account name]

Then on right side under your avatar press the link "Edit privacy settings"

Uncheck "Hide Characters tab" and press Update.

Thank you. I think I managed it.
Last edited by Averil62 on Nov 4, 2022, 2:00:16 PM
@Averil

You neglected to actually choose Occultist after your second lab run, to get your second curse. But that's not the problem. I don't see anything obviously wrong with your chest gem setup.

By the way, a level 66 character should have 4L everywhere, and a 5L staff/chest already just by spamming jeweler orbs on a 20q item. You are missing a LOT of skill gems.
"
Graiaule wrote:
@Averil

You neglected to actually choose Occultist after your second lab run, to get your second curse. But that's not the problem. I don't see anything obviously wrong with your chest gem setup.

By the way, a level 66 character should have 4L everywhere, and a 5L staff/chest already just by spamming jeweler orbs on a 20q item. You are missing a LOT of skill gems.

Thanks for the response.

As to the former, I will double check, but I'm pretty sure I have occultist. I've done two labs and failed a couple times on the third.

For the staff, I've been saving up jewellers orbs to head straight to six on the staff, but maybe I'll just spam and add a gem. I'll also talk a look at the rest. The character is starting to feel a bit fragile, so maybe that will help.

ps. OK, I've upgraded to a 5 socket staff and upgraded the headgear as well. Hopefully, that will help.

I think the curses are going off now. I think maybe they just didn't look like what I was expecting. I'm not sure what the ball lightning is for.

At level 71, I have just under 2600 ES. Is that too low? I do seem kind of fragile.

Thanks for all the help.
Last edited by Averil62 on Nov 5, 2022, 9:12:26 AM
"
Averil62 wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:
@Averil

At level 71, I have just under 2600 ES. Is that too low? I do seem kind of fragile.

Thanks for all the help.

Hit level 76 and at just about 2800 ES. However, I'm still pretty fragile and dying a lot in the early maps. Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? I know I need to shore up my lightning resistance but am reluctant to sacrifice int to do it.

All suggestions and advice welcome.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info