[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Averil62 wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:
@Averil

At level 71, I have just under 2600 ES. Is that too low? I do seem kind of fragile.

Thanks for all the help.

Hit level 76 and at just about 2800 ES. However, I'm still pretty fragile and dying a lot in the early maps. Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? I know I need to shore up my lightning resistance but am reluctant to sacrifice int to do it.

All suggestions and advice welcome.

It is low, but you are still on leveling uniques. Just get some good rares and you should be fine. They don't need to be best of the best, just get something decent to start with.

For example your gloves has 11es and chest has 123es. It is not hard to find some with 150+ and 400+ es and some int.
Last edited by Cjin on Nov 6, 2022, 11:40:06 AM
"
Cjin wrote:
"
Averil62 wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:
@Averil

At level 71, I have just under 2600 ES. Is that too low? I do seem kind of fragile.

Thanks for all the help.

Hit level 76 and at just about 2800 ES. However, I'm still pretty fragile and dying a lot in the early maps. Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? I know I need to shore up my lightning resistance but am reluctant to sacrifice int to do it.

All suggestions and advice welcome.

It is low, but you are still on leveling uniques. Just get some good rares and you should be fine. They don't need to be best of the best, just get something decent to start with.

For example your gloves has 11es and chest has 123es. It is not hard to find some with 150+ and 400+ es and some int.

Thanks. I upgraded the gloves and that's already made a difference. I think it's going to be difficult to beat the 152% ES on the chest, but will take a look. Also need to look at the belt.
"
Averil62 wrote:

Thanks. I upgraded the gloves and that's already made a difference. I think it's going to be difficult to beat the 152% ES on the chest, but will take a look. Also need to look at the belt.

Uh, the %increased ES is not the stat you should look at, but the actual ES on the chest. The %increased just applies to your chest only.

Specifically, search for https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Kalandra/a8mRrzRTe and buy one of these.

Then, search for "of Hillock's veil" chests and unveil them to learn the % increased attributes craft and craft it on your new chest. PSA: Always 20q your armor before you attempt to roll 5 or more sockets on it.
Last edited by Graiaule on Nov 6, 2022, 4:03:28 PM
"
Graiaule wrote:

Uh, the %increased ES is not the stat you should look at, but the actual ES on the chest. The %increased just applies to your chest only.

lol... I didn't know that. *facepalm*

So, if an item has a % increase of a stat, but no stat, it has no effect?
Last edited by Averil62 on Nov 6, 2022, 4:18:22 PM
"
Graiaule wrote:

Then, search for "of Hillock's veil" chests and unveil them to learn the % increased attributes craft and craft it on your new chest.

Don't understand this.

OK, there's a lot to read about this. Taking a look now.

Wow... that syndicate stuff looks complicated for Hillock's veil.
Last edited by Averil62 on Nov 7, 2022, 12:44:59 AM
@Averil: For Hillock's Veil, use this search string https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Kalandra/jJgBkZTX . When you get one, go to Jun and ask him to unveil the veiled affix.

If you're lucky, you'll get the % increased attributes craft which you can then use on your new chest for even more intelligence.

There are no normal items that have % increased ES affix that don't also have some ES, as far as I know.

Betrayal is complicated, yes, but for our build, you don't need to mess with it until you're min-maxing your gear at level 90+.
Last edited by Graiaule on Nov 7, 2022, 2:50:55 PM
"
Graiaule wrote:
@Averil: For Hillock's Veil, use this search string https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Kalandra/jJgBkZTX . When you get one, go to Jun and ask him to unveil the veiled affix.

If you're lucky, you'll get the % increased attributes craft which you can then use on your new chest for even more intelligence.

Thank you very much. Happy to hear I don't need to understand betrayal just yet, as I'd have to quit my job and dedicate myself to the game to make that happen. :)

So I'm clear, I buy the "hillock's veil" item only to learn the craft, which i can then apply to the chest armor I purchased earlier.

Does it have to be a chest piece or can I learn the % increased attributes with any other item?

On a totally unrelated note (while it occurs to me), I have the CWDT - Immortal Call - Increased Duration - Frost Bomb lv 1 set up, more or less. As I understand your guide, the immortal call should be level 10-17. Am I correct that I also need to level the CWDT so that the required level matches or exceeds Immortal Call?

Thank you again for all the help.
"
Averil62 wrote:
Thank you very much. Happy to hear I don't need to understand betrayal just yet, as I'd have to quit my job and dedicate myself to the game to make that happen. :)

So I'm clear, I buy the "hillock's veil" item only to learn the craft, which i can then apply to the chest armor I purchased earlier.

Does it have to be a chest piece or can I learn the % increased attributes with any other item?

On a totally unrelated note (while it occurs to me), I have the CWDT - Immortal Call - Increased Duration - Frost Bomb lv 1 set up, more or less. As I understand your guide, the immortal call should be level 10-17. Am I correct that I also need to level the CWDT so that the required level matches or exceeds Immortal Call?

Thank you again for all the help.

The way veiled items work is: Syndicate members sometimes drop veiled items. You can then have Jun to unveil them to choose one of three mods for the item to have. Unveiling also unlocks benchcrafting (weaker version of) the mod you unveiled. For some unveils you need item from specific Syndicate member. Hillock's Veil means the item is from Hillock. You need body armor with Hillock's Veil to be able to unlock 6% increased attributes craft for body armor. You might be unlucky and not get it with first try. But that is the craft you want to add to body armor.

IC/CwDT levels don't really matter too much as long as CwDT is high enough level to be able to trigger IC. You want them to be higher lvl rather than lower.
"
Cjin wrote:
The way veiled items work is: Syndicate members sometimes drop veiled items. You can then have Jun to unveil them to choose one of three mods for the item to have. Unveiling also unlocks benchcrafting (weaker version of) the mod you unveiled. For some unveils you need item from specific Syndicate member. Hillock's Veil means the item is from Hillock. You need body armor with Hillock's Veil to be able to unlock 6% increased attributes craft for body armor. You might be unlucky and not get it with first try. But that is the craft you want to add to body armor.

IC/CwDT levels don't really matter too much as long as CwDT is high enough level to be able to trigger IC. You want them to be higher lvl rather than lower.

Thank you, that helps.

Re CWDT, I had read that it was better, in some circumstances, to keep CWDT as low as possible, so it would go off more frequently (as the higher level requires more damage to trigger). However, a higher IC results in more protection, which is good. I assume.
We normally start out with Astramentis which allows us to use level 20 CWDT/Increased Duration.

Then we upgrade to a rare amulet, mirrored in this league (like mine for example), or the 10%/14%/1% dam per 15 int crafted amulet.

With the rare amulets, we typically have reduced str and dex compared to the astramentis, so have to delevel our CWDT/Incr Dur gems until we can use them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info