[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
lazycalm2 wrote:
Kelvynn can I play this in HC?

What changes would you make, if any, on top of your head?

In this league? I would not recommend playing HC on any build that can take damage. It's all Necro again in HC, looks like.
"
Breken wrote:
One thing that I haven't seen before is the benefits of Frostblink over flame dash. With the rework Frostblink has just as much if not more range than Flame dash, AND it's instant, that means you can use it WHILE you are using Cyclone.

It's drawback is that it only has 1 charge (instead of Flame Dash's 3)

I've coupled it with my favorite boots. "The Stampede"

Cyclone, Frostblink and The stampede are a HUGE quality of life. Cyclone doesn't slow me down, I always move at 50% movement speed, I can ditch quicksilver for another flask, and Frostblink can be used at least every 1.5 second (more often if there are enemies around)

Frostblink also deals a large amount of damage, and triggers Bonechill.

Overall (once I get Mystic talents anointed on my boots) This configuration costs me (compared to a great pair of rare boots) 25 flat int, 100 flat ES, and whatever resists you typically get on your rare boots. It's a trade off for sure, but damn does it feel nice.

It's an interesting item if you aren't planning to go far. But it costs more than that in the endgame.

Your movement speed is fixed 150% without having to use Quicksilver. But it also means you will never have 205% movement speed (35% ms boots + 30% QS) even when you want it.

And 2 resist mods have a LOT of value. You would have to get those resists elsewhere, at the price of more Int.

I've actually tried Frostblink in this league. Sadly, the 1-charge limit makes it suck even after a buff. Casting speed isn't very important, but being able to blink 2-3 times in a row can be a life (or time) saver. The damage is irrelevant compared to Icestorm. You would be better off using Flame Dash with those boots.

hm slam Leo for random prefix
or use orb of redeemer?)
"
Kelvynn wrote:

It's an interesting item if you aren't planning to go far. But it costs more than that in the endgame.

Your movement speed is fixed 150% without having to use Quicksilver. But it also means you will never have 205% movement speed (35% ms boots + 30% QS) even when you want it.

And 2 resist mods have a LOT of value. You would have to get those resists elsewhere, at the price of more Int.

I've actually tried Frostblink in this league. Sadly, the 1-charge limit makes it suck even after a buff. Casting speed isn't very important, but being able to blink 2-3 times in a row can be a life (or time) saver. The damage is irrelevant compared to Icestorm. You would be better off using Flame Dash with those boots.

It's kind of a play style choice. With these boots on, I never stop spinning. 150% movement speed while using cyclone is = 215% movement speed. That's faster than using 35% boots AND a quicksilver of adrenaline together. You DO lose the ability to run at 205% movement speed while backtracking however.

I've also found that since so much of our defense is leech, always being surrounded by Icestorms makes the game safer.

Because I'm always spinning, flame dash is a giant pain for me to use, since in order to use it I have to lift my cyclone button, wait .2 seconds, then try to dash. I've found that I just don't do that in practice, and it's gotten me killed, however with Frostblink, it still works during the cyclone animation, and I'm using it all the time.

Anyway, it's probably mostly up to how you are used to playing, and muscle memory.
Last edited by Breken on Mar 19, 2020, 12:44:51 PM

was lucky with 1st hunters exalted slam :)
Build is end-game viable on budget (under 10 exalts) even at 10 FPS :(

10.556 ES and 2217 Intelligence
Last edited by lilianmarius on Mar 19, 2020, 1:40:57 PM
also done 20/20
only 8.7k ES-(
int 2418

well i like simulacrum )it's fun and rewarding!)

Last edited by archwerewolf on Mar 19, 2020, 2:51:07 PM
"
archwerewolf wrote:
also done 20/20
only 8.7k ES-(
int 2418

You're playing also on 10-12 FPS? I guess not playing on low FPS make it it even more rewarding :)
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
archwerewolf wrote:
also done 20/20
only 8.7k ES-(
int 2418

You're playing also on 10-12 FPS? I guess not playing on low FPS make it it even more rewarding :)

a bit better 15-25)
really nice leveling guide, i try this now, just a question:

in gem setup we have a blind in the chest, and don't anderstand why taking flesh and stone, what about blood and sand ?

flesh and stone have maim but it's for physic damage and ice strom is? a spell ? or is just for the cyclone ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info