[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Zeros wrote:
is it possible to get map for jewels? I mean i bought those jewels mentioned and still not sure where to put them. Or should i replace those points for new clusters??
I would suggest looking at Lilianmarius' placement of jewels here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/lilianmarius/characters :)
"
LiNGeN wrote:
Just tested my standard character with Awakened Spell Cascade in hideout. No improvement as far as FPS goes. So the improvements to chilled ground et.c. are probably not changing anything QoL wise for us. Just visuals I assume.

The performance issue with Icestorm has never been about the chilled ground. It's about the million tiny ice particles animated using complex algorithms (for no reason!). The slo-mo-close-up part of my 'Skating with Uber Elder' video shows just how many things there are to animate. It's an insane waste of computing power that nobody even notices. They really need to rework it.
Hmm. Analyzing cluster gems. Lots of notables I missed.

Here's my current cheat sheet, with the notables listed roughly in order from strongest to weakest. I've focused only on the best possible affixes, which is usually a notable.

I'm not sure exactly what "while leeching ES" means, so it's possible Essence Rush isn't all that good if we're full on ES.

Here's a possible build out:

large cluster: 12% incr dam enchant (total of 2)
prefixes: cold to the core, prismatic heart
suffixes: 2 sockets, disorienting display (remove flesh to stone)

medium cluster: area effect (total of 4)
prefixes: powerful assault, expansive might
suffix: 1 jewel socket

small cluster: (total of 4)
enchant: 6% ES
prefixes: energy from naught, conservation of energy
suffixes: 14 int

and

enchant: 6% mana
prefixes: genius, will shaper
suffixes: 14 int

I don't think we have quite enough passive points to build out both large cluster jewels. We could probably punt the medium cluster ones to make it work. POB keeps crashing while I am messing with the cluster jewel builds, so I have no numbers.

Have fun messing with this!

-----------------------
NOTABLES

--- Damage
Cold to the Core (1% incr dam per 25 int)
Genius (8% max mana, 5% incr int)
Essence Rush (40% incr damage while leeching ES, 0.3% leech)
Prismatic Heart (+10% resist all, 30% incr dam)
Burden Projection (30% incr spell damage, 8% knockback chance)
Disorienting Display (25% incr dam, 10% to blind [frees up a socket])
Conjured Wall (25% incr spell damage, 6% block chance)
Corrosive Elements (15% incr dam, 10% cold pen for 4 secs)
Blanketed Snow (10% cold pen)
Arcane Adept (channeling skills deal 20% incr dam, gain arcane surge [frees up a socket])
Sap Psyche (20% incr dam, 1% ES regen if cursed something)
Powerful Assault (20% incr area dam, 10% knockback chance)
Widespread Destruction (10% incr AOE, 20% incr dam)
Expansive Might (20% incr dam, up to 50% increased area if stationary)
Practiced Caster (20% incr dam plus stuff)
Vast Power (20% incr area dam)
Assert Dominance (10% incr area dam, up to 25% increased area)
Magnifier (10% incr area dam, 10% incr area)
Arcane Heroism (30% incr effect of arcane surge)
Dark Discourse (10% incr curse effect, 1% ES regen if killed something)

--- Int/ES
Energy From Naught (+100 to max ES)
Will Shaper (5% of max mana as max ES)
Pure Aptitude (1% ES regen, 20 int)
Savour the Moment (10% incr max ES, 3% regen while stationary)
Sublime Sensation (10% incr max ES)
Conservation of Energy (8% increased max ES, 0.3% leech, 20% max recovery)
Spring Back (6% incr max ES, 10% faster recharge etc.)
Thaumophage (0.6% leech, 20% increased max recovery, 10% hinder)
Mystical Ward (0.3% leech, 1.5% ES regen, 4% block chance)

GEMS

--- small cluster
energy shield enchant 6%
prefixes: Conservation of Energy, Energy From Naught, Spring Back, Sublime Sensation, Will Shaper
suffixes: +14 int

+10 intelligence enchant (NO NOTABLES)
prefixes: 20 to max ES, 35% increased effect
suffixes: +6 to all, +14 int

6% increased max mana
prefixes: Genius, Will Shaper
suffixes: +14 int

--- medium cluster
area effect enchant 10% incr area damage
prefixes: assert dominance, expansive might, magnifier, powerful assault, vast power
suffixes: 1 jewel socket

--- large cluster
12% increased cold damage enchant
prefixes: blanketed snow, cold to the core, corrosive elements, prismatic heart
suffixes: disorienting display, widespread destruction, 2 sockets

10% spell damage enchant
prefixes: arcane adept, arcane heroism, burden projection, conjured wall, practiced caster
suffixes: essence rush, sap psyche, thaumophage, 2 sockets
Last edited by Graiaule on Mar 17, 2020, 5:55:28 PM
Theoretically the best cluster jewels that we can get have these mods:

Added Small Passive Skills Grant: +10 to Intelligence
Added Small Passive Skills Also Grant: +7 to Intelligence
25% Increased Effect of Small Passive Skills

That makes each added passive skill give 21 int.
"
Sachiru wrote:
Theoretically the best cluster jewels that we can get have these mods:

Added Small Passive Skills Grant: +10 to Intelligence
Added Small Passive Skills Also Grant: +7 to Intelligence
25% Increased Effect of Small Passive Skills

That makes each added passive skill give 21 int.

?

See above
--------
+10 intelligence enchant (NO NOTABLES)
prefixes: 20 to max ES, 35% increased effect
suffixes: +6 to all, +14 int
--------

that means each passive adds (10+6+14)*1.35 = 40 int and 27 ES.

I challenge Lillian to hit 4000 int this league.
Last edited by Graiaule on Mar 18, 2020, 2:54:54 AM
Maybe you can't get a cluster jewel with 10 int as enchant, because the one for dex is disabled and won't be there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/fkgm0a/is_every_datamined_jewel_dropping_correctly/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
Last edited by ZiiimZooon on Mar 18, 2020, 7:25:10 AM
My first Sirus of the league - did it at Awaken Atlas level 4, died once to that triple beam in last phase because he was somewhere off-screen.

2100+ Intelligence and 9.600 ES with gear made in just these first few days

Video of the fight here:

Corona_Madness vs. Sirus AA4 - Delirium league

Also tried my first Simulacrum end-game instance and managed to get without any deaths up to wave 18/20 killing also a boss on the run in wave 16.

In wave 18 i got spawned another boss which turned the entire area in same paralyze waves and i could not do shit. After i died once trying to get back in wasted all portals at the entrance shit loads of mobs were guarding the entrance portal lol- extreme bad design from GGG side.

I think though that the mods of each wave and the bosses spawns are a bit random and also the location of the fight. I fought in the Oriath Act 9 town area but i saw some videos with Lioneye's area for example.

You get shit loads of loot from doing this instance at least i got a lot of it from 17 waves

Last edited by lilianmarius on Mar 18, 2020, 12:24:52 PM
I see on your build that you're using inspiration support on your staff. How does it work? Does icestorm need mana? does it need to be linked with cyclone?

I have some questions for culling strike as well. Vortex does some damage when it appears AND some damage over time after right? Does it mean that as soon as monsters in vortex get to 10% of HP they die? or does the first hit (when vortex appears) count for this?

What are picking for your pantheon? In your guide you mentionned things that buff ourselves when stationary, but in this league i'm pretty sure you want to be moving quite a lot. I don't see how you survive delirium else.. Any insights? :p

I'm quite liking this build, but I'm still lost on some areas, still have plenty to learn...

thank you for your help anyaway :)
"
Graiaule wrote:
Hmm. Analyzing cluster gems. Lots of notables I missed.

Here's my current cheat sheet, with the notables listed roughly in order from strongest to weakest. I've focused only on the best possible affixes, which is usually a notable.

I'm not sure exactly what "while leeching ES" means, so it's possible Essence Rush isn't all that good if we're full on ES.

Here's a possible build out:

large cluster: 12% incr dam enchant (total of 2)
prefixes: cold to the core, prismatic heart
suffixes: 2 sockets, disorienting display (remove flesh to stone)

medium cluster: area effect (total of 4)
prefixes: powerful assault, expansive might
suffix: 1 jewel socket

Thanks for doing the research. I didn't check into all of these possible nodes yet, but some of the ones you liked look wrong:

Disorienting Display
25% increased Elemental Damage
10% chance to Blind nearby Enemies when you use an Elemental Skill

This cannot replace Flesh & Stone. We don't USE elemental skills that often (triggering Icestorm via CwC does not count as 'using' it). Vortex and Flame Dash are elemental and can trigger it, but 10% chance to blind nearby enemies on their use isn't a lot. F&S 100% blinds everything within its circle. And you take 11% LESS damage from attacks by the monsters outside of the circle - that's very useful. I would not replace F&S with that jewel.

Powerful Assault
20% increased Area Damage
Area Skills have 10% chance to Knock Enemies Back on Hit

Most of the time you don't want knockback. Pushing enemies out of your Icestorm is not what you want to do.

Expansive Might
Mace, Sceptre or Staff Attacks deal 20% increased Damage with Hits and Ailments
While stationary, gain 10% increased Area of Effect every second, up to a maximum of 50%

Increasing AoE is detrimental to Icestorm DPS.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 18, 2020, 12:12:48 PM
"
Hvitr wrote:
I see on your build that you're using inspiration support on your staff. How does it work? Does icestorm need mana? does it need to be linked with cyclone?

I have some questions for culling strike as well. Vortex does some damage when it appears AND some damage over time after right? Does it mean that as soon as monsters in vortex get to 10% of HP they die? or does the first hit (when vortex appears) count for this?

What are picking for your pantheon? In your guide you mentionned things that buff ourselves when stationary, but in this league i'm pretty sure you want to be moving quite a lot. I don't see how you survive delirium else.. Any insights? :p

I'm quite liking this build, but I'm still lost on some areas, still have plenty to learn...

thank you for your help anyaway :)

I haven't updated the build for this league yet because I'm still catching up on all the new things and learning the league mechanics.

Inspiration is a new support gem that may be a replacement for Cold Penetration or Controlled Destruction. It gives you Inspiration charges for channelling that expire when you use X mana on the supported skills. Icestorm uses no mana, Cyclone uses very little mana. That means you almost always have 5 Inspiration charges while cycloning. They give you 35% MORE damage and 40% increased crit chance.

I'm not actually sure if it's better than either CP or CD. CD is 45% MORE damage with very small crit rate. But this is not a crit build anyway, we don't crit very often. CP is 38% resist penetration that should result in more overall damage vs bosses than what Inspiration gives.

The main reason to use Inspiration is the lack of chromatics at the start of a new league to get 2G4B in the staff. That's why I use it. Maybe @lilianmarius can explain better why he still uses it with his budget. I would definitely use CP against the super resistant Delirium stuff and Sirus. But I'm probably missing something.

Culling Strike is an on-hit proc. It only kills targets under 10% hp when you HIT them. Applied to Vortex, it would trigger on the initial hit but not on the damage over time effect. It's kinda useless for this build.

Pantheon: the best choice for the old leagues was Solaris (for the crit mitigation) + Tukohama (for facetanking). But for this Delirium thing, I'm still experimenting, and I'm not far enough in the Atlas to unlock all souls yet. It may be a choice between Solaris and Brine King (for the 50% chill reduction and anti-chain-freeze) for the major. And probably Gruthkul for Delirium (still Tukohama for most facetanked bosses though). Switching Pantheon depending on the map may be the best compromise.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 18, 2020, 12:48:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info