[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

oops, duplicate post
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 18, 2020, 12:27:36 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

The main reason to use Inspiration is the lack of chromatics at the start of a new league to get 2G4B in the staff. That's why I use it. Maybe @lilianmarius can explain better why he still uses it with his budget. I would definitely use CP against the super resistant Delirium stuff and Sirus. But I'm probably missing something.

Believe it or not at maximum inspiration charges (5x) PoB shows me higher Shaper Average Hit value than CP with Shaper/Guardian selected.

It shows higher Shaper Average hit even if i check "Map Modifier - Enemies had Elemental/Chaos resists (High tier - 40%)

So PoB says that Inspiration is bigger damage modifier than CP

And yeah probably Culling Strike is almost useless linked to Vortex but didn't find yet any other useful gem (maybe i'll try Unbound Ailments linked to Vortex instead of that) but if you watched the Sirus video it seems that boss was culled by Vortex at around 10% life remaining. If you spam enough Vortexes you may get the culling strike on target :)
Last edited by lilianmarius on Mar 18, 2020, 12:47:47 PM
"
lilianmarius wrote:
Believe it or not at maximum inspiration charges (5x) PoB shows me higher Shaper Average Hit value than CP with Shaper/Guardian selected.

It shows higher Shaper Average hit even if i check "Map Modifier - Enemies had Elemental/Chaos resists (High tier - 40%)

So PoB says that Inspiration is bigger damage modifier than CP

That is very strange. I cannot see any scenario where 35% MORE damage would be better than 38% resist penetration. Maybe PoB is confused by the crit chance modifier?

If you have the resources, try another staff with CP instead of Inspiration. I suspect that the deep Delirium mobs are even more resistant than Shaper-level bosses. See if CP makes them easier to kill.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
That is very strange. I cannot see any scenario where 35% MORE damage would be better than 38% resist penetration. Maybe PoB is confused by the crit chance modifier?

Not that hard to believe actually. if you get enemy cold res down to -8% from all the other shit than Cold Penetration, 35% more becomes better than 38% reduced resistance.

We have 6% from Hearth of Ice, 5% from Pure Talent, 6% if you go to Divine Judgement, 25% from Frost Bomb and then 43% (+10% to effect) from frostbite/Curse on Hit. Shaper/Elder and some others have 66% curse effect reduction, that for my understanding works with increased curse effectiveness from Curse on Hit (and other effects we do not use) so that total effect is +10%-66%=56% less effect on curses. This leaves 20/20 Frostbite with 18% resistance reduction.

This gives 54% reduction without Divine Judgement and 60% with it. Shaper Has 50% resistance to begin with, and map bosses and other trash has even less. This is just at the edge of Inspiration and Cold Pen being just as good.

Now map mods like increased Res, Less effective Curses and and Elemental Eqlibrium can tip this in favor of Cold Penetration, and using Elemental Weakness with Frostbite tips it in favor of Inspiration. Or if you get other stuff that lets you ignore even more resistance

Edit: Totally forgot extra 6% penetration from Inquisitor Ascendancy. That tips scales in favor of Inspiration.
Last edited by Cjin on Mar 18, 2020, 3:49:49 PM
Just for one shining moment let me bask in having better gear than Lillian in one socket at least:

It was up for sale for 10c for 10 minutes, too. I assumed it was long gone, but asked anyway. Woot!
Last edited by Graiaule on Mar 18, 2020, 6:54:58 PM
Jesus christ, thats insane!!! Wish i had that luck 2 :[

Current Update for Newbies with this Build like me:

the damage and survivability is really growing hard in the near endgame, currently farming on tier 11-13 maps with some ease at delirium encounters :) just spin through the waves and loot afterwards to evade on-death effects, blight maps got much better without spell cascade due to lag, fps etc. would recommend this guide right now to anybody who likes to slowly power up such a wonderfull caracter as an off-meta build
One thing that I haven't seen before is the benefits of Frostblink over flame dash. With the rework Frostblink has just as much if not more range than Flame dash, AND it's instant, that means you can use it WHILE you are using Cyclone.

It's drawback is that it only has 1 charge (instead of Flame Dash's 3)

I've coupled it with my favorite boots. "The Stampede"

Cyclone, Frostblink and The stampede are a HUGE quality of life. Cyclone doesn't slow me down, I always move at 50% movement speed, I can ditch quicksilver for another flask, and Frostblink can be used at least every 1.5 second (more often if there are enemies around)

Frostblink also deals a large amount of damage, and triggers Bonechill.

Overall (once I get Mystic talents anointed on my boots) This configuration costs me (compared to a great pair of rare boots) 25 flat int, 100 flat ES, and whatever resists you typically get on your rare boots. It's a trade off for sure, but damn does it feel nice.
Kelvynn can I play this in HC?

What changes would you make, if any, on top of your head?

zzz
"
Yuzlol wrote:

That's a meme idea. Not that useful really, or practical (stack 8 cluster jewels).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info