[3.8] Assassin Poisonator | Cobra Lash / Venom Gyre | All Content | Uber Elder Video |

"
dyNa1337 wrote:
"
Haggz0r wrote:
"
dyNa1337 wrote:
Speaking about proper investments..

I just finished my claw, time for the big boy stuff now.

Nice claw, did you spam corroded fossils and annuled off every other mod until you were left with the delve mod and then multimodded it?

Oh, I just noticed the quality as well, so a white gemini claw base, spam perfect fossils and then craft I would assume.

That is 100% correct. I really got lucky and hit 3x the perfect annul.

Took me like 5-7 perfect fossils to get 30% quality.

You can also buy a base with only the delve mod, they go for 1,5-2 Ex but are rarely seen.

Mettalic (block Phys) + corroded (block ele) should be better if u want hit single poison mod.
I'm usually online at 18 gmt +1
Hi bud,

Love the build! Is there any chance for an updated PoB these coming days?

As I've noticed the gems are a bit different then what the PoB says right now, and perhaps some adjustments to the tree or gear mentioned.

Keep it up,

Best regards,
Chronix.
can someone explain to me in newbie terms what the skill withering steps and how to effectively use it?
I usually just spam it in big mobs but idk how its affect.
What would be a better enchant for venom - the 40% more dmg or the 20% wither cast?
"
aka2411 wrote:
can someone explain to me in newbie terms what the skill withering steps and how to effectively use it?

From what I understand it gives the enemy wither while you are somewhat “invisible”(not sure of the way to put it) but if you activate the any other skill while it’s going it will cancel right away. So what I do it activate plague and then step then run into crap.
"
crabbattler wrote:
"
aka2411 wrote:

From what I understand it gives the enemy wither while you are somewhat “invisible”(not sure of the way to put it) but if you activate the any other skill while it’s going it will cancel right away. So what I do it activate plague and then step then run into crap.

My understanding is the following:

Wither Step grants 6 Wither stacks on mobs in AoE on the first time they enter the AoE. Unlike the normal Wither, these 6 Wither stacks last 3 seconds (normal Wither last 2 seconds, or 2.4 seconds at max gem quality).

Wither Step effect lasts 3 seconds and the cooldown is also 3 seconds, but the cooldown doesn't start until the Wither Step effect expires.

Wither Step expires either at 3 seconds or at the first instance of using an active skill.

Additionally, Wither Step also instantly pops Elusiveness (making your very tanky) and grants you Phasing (so you can run through mobs).

There are three use cases I do with it:

1) Activate Plague Bearer + Wither Step + Quicksilver Flask for large AoE clear while Phased and Elusive. Great for clearing large packs of normal & magic monsters. Especially good at clearing Proximity Shielded mobs. Just don't use an Active like Whirling Blades as it will cancel it.

2) Wither Step immediately followed by Cobra Lash/Venom Gyre when in close proximity to lots of mobs. Goal here is to amp our damage by putting 6 Wither stacks to the nearby surrounding enemies before going ham while Elusive buff is high. We use Active ability immediately after Wither Step to force the cooldown to start expiring right away so that in 3 seconds, we can Wither Step again and maintain 6 Wither Stacks and Elusiveness. You won't have Phasing as soon as you use the Active and new mobs that enter within the AoE will not longer get the 6 Wither stacks, but I use this to pop an existing large group basically on me or near an objective I am protecting. My understanding is that the "elusive" buff and the existing mobs that got hit with 6 Wither stacks maintain those conditions when Wither Step is cancelled.

3) Wither Step after a 2-3 seconds of stacking poisons on a tanky/unique mob/boss. Once you stack numerous poison they really stack the DoT and a delayed Wither Step will rocket-boost the stacked damage with the 6 Wither stacks.

That's been my experience.

EDIT - Note, in PoB, Wither Steps granting 6 Wither stacks is not accounted for. You have to manually add "Wither" as an extra skill, select it, set stacks to 5 (6 is not an option) and then go back to your main skill to see the impact on DPS.

EDIT 2 - Note: Plague Bearer can be cancelled by you whenever you want. Once you sufficiently cleared the mob you want just use it again to put it back on "collecting" mode. By default Plague Bearer last about 8 seconds before it "AUTO" switches to collect mode. But, Plague Bearer + Wither Step + Quicksilver for #1 use-case above I find 3-4 seconds often sufficient with my move speed to clear what I needed and then go back to collecting.
Nostrademous
Last edited by Nostrademous on Sep 12, 2019, 7:44:13 AM
This guide is great, it give some good hints about what to improve.
I need solstice + whisper of doom for Temp chain/despair curse and a fossil craft body armor for more life (currently sitting at 5k hp, it's a bit low imo), reduced mana cost on attack skill to use another aura (HoAG).

I'm melting bosses in red map (less than 4 sec) and the clearing is great with cobra lash. I really mean it, the damage is busted.

Don't sleep on the mod "60% chance for Poisons inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage" -> it's basically 60% more damage with poison. Wasp Nest doesn't even compare with it !

On PoB, you have to edit it on your claw/dagger and add : "60% more damage with poison" if playing with a shield, or 30% on both claws/daggers if dual wielding + mod on both of them.
"
Hi bud,

Love the build! Is there any chance for an updated PoB these coming days?

As I've noticed the gems are a bit different then what the PoB says right now, and perhaps some adjustments to the tree or gear mentioned.

Keep it up,

Best regards,
Chronix.

Today I will try to do a PoB update, I think that when it comes to skill games and items, we already have a complete guide. I don't really know what else can be improved or changed. Of course, I have to add flasks and jewels sections and info about crafting Claw.

Before I make Claw myself. I still want to test Bino and dagger options because a lot of people recommend this solution especially under Blight And craft is nothing cheap And I'm far behind with progress. I don't know if dual wield or Bino + Shield (Plague Bearer level 25+ on shield does the job) If it's good I will do a second PoB for Daggers. the meantime I want to start clicking my Charged Dash Scion to de-stress :)

"
What would be a better enchant for venom - the 40% more dmg or the 20% wither cast?

More damage is not scale with poison so only withered here.
"
aka2411 wrote:

Other that the above-mentioned comments, I just want to add that Withering Step is the ONLY skill that can instantly refresh your Elusive buff from max effect. You want to use Withering Step once, then attack and probably crit. What happens next is that the Elusive buff from Withering Step is canceled and Withering Step goes on the cooldown. In addition, with the Assassin Mistwalker ascendancy node, there is a 50% chance that a crit will activate Elusive. If this happens, you will regain Elusive buff from max effect. This process can be repeated once Withering Step goes off cooldown. Thus, Withering Step is useful in maintaining high buff effect of Elusive, greatly increasing your movement speed and attack/spell dodge for clearing and survivability.
Second youtube link not working.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info