[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
ViperThunder wrote:
I see withering touch, deathmark, and melee phys on the spiders in latest build. how important is deathmark? would it be better to just have an Awakened Minion Damage gem in there instead? it's impractical to deathmark all the targets (of course it is more useful vs. boss)

also how much dps is withering touch adding compared to other +dps supports?

thankyou :)
your build rocks

Deathmark grants more single target damage than awakened minion damage, on top of the main use which is to allow you to target something specifically :) It's a life changer for minions builds in my opinion. As for the "issue" of deathmark not granting its full damage on non-deathmarked enemies, keep in mind that you don't need all the millions of DPS you have in total to kill trash mobs. If something dies before you can deathmark it, then there was no use in deathmarking it in the first place! :)

As for withering touch, it's literally the strongest gem in the build. It grants 83% more damage to the spiders, as well as increasing our sentinel's damage due to withered being a debuff applied to the enemy. :)
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
Potency of will? Will it increase duration of spiders? or its for other stuff, like rally cry , molten shell?

It increases everything that has a duration, so spiders, as well as molten shell, rallying cry, and the offering. :)
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
ViperThunder wrote:
I see withering touch, deathmark, and melee phys on the spiders in latest build. how important is deathmark? would it be better to just have an Awakened Minion Damage gem in there instead? it's impractical to deathmark all the targets (of course it is more useful vs. boss)

also how much dps is withering touch adding compared to other +dps supports?

thankyou :)
your build rocks

Deathmark grants more single target damage than awakened minion damage, on top of the main use which is to allow you to target something specifically :) It's a life changer for minions builds in my opinion. As for the "issue" of deathmark not granting its full damage on non-deathmarked enemies, keep in mind that you don't need all the millions of DPS you have in total to kill trash mobs. If something dies before you can deathmark it, then there was no use in deathmarking it in the first place! :)

As for withering touch, it's literally the strongest gem in the build. It grants 83% more damage to the spiders, as well as increasing our sentinel's damage due to withered being a debuff applied to the enemy. :)

its also stoopid gem , i still say it should be made global not local. (the targeting part at least) In one fight i forgot i have deathmarked shaper and spawns kept coming throu portal..till i figured whats going on ,zana almost died..

hm duration does sound cool, soul of steel also sounds amazing.. will check it out. usinig SoS atm

"Deathmark grants more single target damage than awakened minion damage"?

24+24(deathmarked)+10% increased(Q) vs awakened minion 52% (lvl3) +20%(Q) increased damage
i dont see deathmark doing more damage

P.S
I think i would put awakened minion damage instead of maim. maim is also local? so HoP minions only? 10% increased damage taken but when target is maimed. 30% more. vs 56% more max a.minion +20% increase

ditched FFrenzy and put, a.min damage gem, shaper fight was much smoother, duration of spiders is also noticeable but i kept nodes for duration as well. cast when stunned is not really reliable at all. for boss fights maybe cast when damage taken instead?
Last edited by IceLancerSR on Jun 29, 2020, 8:33:27 AM
All this bleeding thingy.. i wanna ditch it. all of its gems. Uber atziri , uber elder, cant rely on bleeding the boss if u spent too much time avoiding shit
First, note that the Deathmark gem grants two more damage modifiers, which stack multiplicatively with each other, not additively.

In other terms, the total damage multiplier is not 1 + (0.25 + 0.25) = 1.5, but 1.25 * 1.25 = 1.56, so 56% more damage to marked enemies. In PoB, the damage is even higher; for a lvl 21 20% gem, we get 64.1% more for spiders and 61.4% more for HoP. For comparison, an awakened minion damage lvl 5 socketed in skin of the loyal (so with +1 lvl) with 20% quality grants 61.6%. So if you want to invest in a lvl 5 awakened gem and lose the deathmarking ability just for 0.2% damage, that's up to you.

If you don't trust my numbers, you check PoB, they come straight from there.

As for minion damage vs maim for sentinels, three things. One, remember that we need to use gems whose mana multiplier is low to be able to use HoP on top of our two other auras, so what matters is not the raw damage, but rather the damage the gem grants relatively to its mana multiplier, and in that regard, maim is really good (115% mana multiplier, against 130% for minion damage). Two, maiming bosses is a really good way to keep them still, which is really useful against many boss fights, and a great quality of life overall. Three, the "enemies maimed take increased physical damage" also buffs spiders, with 2.7% more damage; it might seem insignificant, but it's not.

For feeding frenzy, like I said above, I updated the guide with a new version that uses a golem to apply feeding frenzy.

Finally, bloodlust has an insane damage multiplier for a very low mana multiplier, which is why I'm using it. Plus, the bleed we apply lasts quite a long time, so it's reliable, even in fights like Uber Atziri (I manage to apply it consistantly even in that fight).

But ultimately, if you want to make some changes, go ahead. Just know that I spent over four leagues min maxing this build, so every gem and node has a reason to be here.
Some of the trade links in the gear section are linking to standard instead of harvest, not a big problem at all but just wanted to mention incase people open up a bunch of tabs to buy the gear and are quickly looking at prices. Otherwise the updated guide looks great. Thank you :)
Why did you go into "Steelwood stance" in the updated POB if it req. staff?
"
LeeTKaN wrote:
Some of the trade links in the gear section are linking to standard instead of harvest, not a big problem at all but just wanted to mention incase people open up a bunch of tabs to buy the gear and are quickly looking at prices. Otherwise the updated guide looks great. Thank you :)

Oh, thanks for letting me know! I'll fix this right away. :)

"
Pharcayd wrote:
Why did you go into "Steelwood stance" in the updated POB if it req. staff?

The 35% increased armour and 600 flat armour if you've blocked recently is not staff-exclusive. You can see in PoB it gives us 9K armour. :)

Edit: Trade site links are fixed! Sorry about that ^^
Last edited by Vatinas on Jun 29, 2020, 6:13:08 PM
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
LeeTKaN wrote:

Oh, thanks for letting me know! I'll fix this right away. :)

No problem! Just shelled out the last bit of chaos for the build time to start leveling. I played your LL/HoA version back in blight so I'm looking forward to trying out CI/HoP as a change. Will post back when im on maps to update how its going.
Last edited by LeeTKaN on Jun 30, 2020, 1:44:56 AM
Used this as my league starter, and my main character. Pretty fun, herald of purity works much better than herald of agony and ive been doing lots of blight maps, highest one so far was only tier 6 alch, no minion life or resist rolls on it.

I recommend using melee splash with spiders if you're going blight and to use meteor,chillings and glacial cages.

In terms of mapping and delve it just seems to faceroll everything.

Good build I really enjoy it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info