[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
Vatinas wrote:
"
Bk老虎 wrote:
Going to try a CI HoA Guardian this league, but I prefer to get poison off a ranged skill rather than Cyclone. I'm finding Storm Burst has a good range and more than enough hit rate - given this is a spell, I'm guessing nothing else benefits from Resolute Technique so I can skip that?

I'm not a fan of the idea, since you won't be able to gain fortify reliably, but if you want to go for it, sure :) Though be sure not to convert all the physical damage to elemental, or you won't be able to poison (unless you add chaos damage). Though I should insist on the fact that this build is basically immortal, so you really don't risk much by applying the poison in melee :)

I'll have to see what happens once I get to Simulacrums etc. So far the damage mitigation is so good there's not much point in Fortify, despite missing half my gear (including the spiders) and only 5.5k ES, but I'm only just starting to reach yellow maps so that's not saying much.

I shouldn't really have jumped straight into HoA on league start but I'm impressed at how well it works even with some key pieces missing.
Hello everyone.
I'm following this guide since yesterday without any problem but now I find myself a bit stuck with the minion damage. I think that my minions aren't dealing the dps that they must do, so i'd like to receive a tip or something from you to increase my DPS. Here is my pob: https://pastebin.com/kTZY3Jxn
So i would like to know what should i buy now, what can i change, etc, basically a review.
Regards and thanks you for the guide.
Last edited by Merquero on Jun 27, 2020, 8:49:49 AM
This is what i was afraid of.. i recorded the fight
virulence stacks going down at alarming rate can't keep them up, getting them up is also seriously slow, it took me 4 seconds to 30stacks.. spiders disappearing too much that i lost flask charges and unable to keep them up
https://youtu.be/qK9ROZq2kpM

Whats suggestion?

P.S Disregard my walking and not using travel skill, shield charge is not to my satisfaction ,because i can't use it to break cyclon then cyclon back again

you can see my character in my profile, lvl 100 lost_pants_in_fog
Last edited by IceLancerSR on Jun 27, 2020, 8:42:07 AM
If Virulence goes down too quick during fights, then HoP will probably suit you much better. The sentinels are up very quickly, and once they are, you don't need to hit 24/7 to keep them up. I haven't played the HoA version in a few leagues, so I don't remember exactly how it was before, but if it's too hard now, let me know and I might turn the guide into a HoP guide with a HoA version for those who really want to. I'm truly sorry if I wasted some of you guys' time with the HoA version. :/

Edit: I just remembered something, I used Spiritual Command in my past HoA version, which probably is the reason for that difference. I'm working on a version of the build that doesn't require a mana reservation anointment, which will allow you to anoint that node for a lot more attack speed. I should update the guide today; and, if I don't, I'll be sure to post a PoB so you guys can get started. :)
Last edited by Vatinas on Jun 27, 2020, 9:50:59 AM
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
so the actual trick is to have desecrate up a lot to spawn corpses before fight? and then spiders resumon them selfs?
but how do you sustain that in boss fight? with flasks? what if fight is too long or with phases of immortality i would end up without flask charges to keep spiders up?

another thing i encountered yesterday, stun.. bloody hell i got stunned every couple seconds it was literally stop/go /stop/go, yeah i know about chain stun from pantheon but then u loose serious damage over time protection in other..
and virulence stacks had some issues staying up usually ranged from 27-33 and if i would stop cycloning just for a second , virulence goes down extremely fast down to 5

P.S
i have no doubt u enjoyed build before 3.11 nerf , but a lot has changed in that patch ..

Sirus fight just poped in my head, ending up with spiders down during his phase i would have to chase worms while he beams me with DIE? not a pleasant thought

Feels like GGG really did some weird stuff with nerf patch, mobs stun for one , that shit became too serious now

i gave it another go.. something is still off.. damage is not there , bloody spiders are struggling to kill rare mobs

The trick for boss fights is to desecrate twice under your feet, pop a flask, kill the worms, and start the fight. Once they're down, let your remaining remaining minions keep hitting the boss, stand a few meters away, and desecrate-flask-cyclone.

As for the duration of the fight, I've carried dozens of A8 Sirus fights and never run out of flasks, your damage is more than enough. Though if you're afraid it might happen, feel free to grab a third worm flask that you switch in for boss fights.

I mentioned in the guide that we needed an anti stun. You can give up some points to grab Unwavering Stance, or do as I advised and play with Soul of the Brine King, which also protects you against freeze and chill.

As for the "die" beam of Sirus, believe it or not, you can facetank it. And you don't need to chase worms, they're pretty much stationary.
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
so the actual trick is to have desecrate up a lot to spawn corpses before fight? and then spiders resumon them selfs?
but how do you sustain that in boss fight? with flasks? what if fight is too long or with phases of immortality i would end up without flask charges to keep spiders up?

another thing i encountered yesterday, stun.. bloody hell i got stunned every couple seconds it was literally stop/go /stop/go, yeah i know about chain stun from pantheon but then u loose serious damage over time protection in other..
and virulence stacks had some issues staying up usually ranged from 27-33 and if i would stop cycloning just for a second , virulence goes down extremely fast down to 5

P.S
i have no doubt u enjoyed build before 3.11 nerf , but a lot has changed in that patch ..

Sirus fight just poped in my head, ending up with spiders down during his phase i would have to chase worms while he beams me with DIE? not a pleasant thought

Feels like GGG really did some weird stuff with nerf patch, mobs stun for one , that shit became too serious now

i gave it another go.. something is still off.. damage is not there , bloody spiders are struggling to kill rare mobs

The trick for boss fights is to desecrate twice under your feet, pop a flask, kill the worms, and start the fight. Once they're down, let your remaining remaining minions keep hitting the boss, stand a few meters away, and desecrate-flask-cyclone.

As for the duration of the fight, I've carried dozens of A8 Sirus fights and never run out of flasks, your damage is more than enough. Though if you're afraid it might happen, feel free to grab a third worm flask that you switch in for boss fights.

I mentioned in the guide that we needed an anti stun. You can give up some points to grab Unwavering Stance, or do as I advised and play with Soul of the Brine King, which also protects you against freeze and chill.

As for the "die" beam of Sirus, believe it or not, you can facetank it. And you don't need to chase worms, they're pretty much stationary.

Ok , but what u are describing is HoP? not HoA? One agony crawler is just not doing its job , im totally dependent on spiders. in middle of the map i lose spiders and i am dead in the water. I have 2 hop rings will try with them instead
HoA can't taunt enemy , so boss is chasing me i cant laid back and sucker the worms. HoP can taunt. Also as u mentioned HoP is not dependent on killing worms for prolong fights because of chance to "spawn on hit unique". That is actually crucial difference between the two.
P.S
Now that i think about it, since i have legacy rmr rings, why not use both agony and sentinels? is damage loss from second ring too great?
Last edited by IceLancerSR on Jun 27, 2020, 9:51:01 AM
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
Ok , but what u are describing is HoP? not HoA? One agony crawler is just not doing its job , im totally dependent on spiders. in middle of the map i lose spiders and i am dead in the water. I have 2 hop rings will try with them instead
HoA can't taunt enemy , so boss is chasing me i cant laid back and sucker the worms. HoP can taunt. Also as u mentioned HoP is not dependent on killing worms for prolong fights because of chance to "spawn on hit unique". That is actually crucial difference between the two.
P.S
Now that i think about it, since i have legacy rmr rings, why not use both agony and sentinels? is damage loss from second ring too great?

You most likely won't have the sockets for the two heralds at the same time. If you have legacy rings, you could use one ring + one dream fragments to get freeze & chill immunity, or a rare ring with flat mana, minion speed, and other useful stats. :)
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
P.S

You most likely won't have the sockets for the two heralds at the same time. If you have legacy rings, you could use one ring + one dream fragments to get freeze & chill immunity, or a rare ring with flat mana, minion speed, and other useful stats. :)

Yeah heralds are going in main chest 6l , so it would mean ditching one of supports. on top of losing 1 damage ring it could end up too much of damage loss.

i have no need for dream fragments. i am running anti freeze flask all the time. 90%+ damage from second ring seems too much to lose
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
P.S

Yeah heralds are going in main chest 6l , so it would mean ditching one of supports. on top of losing 1 damage ring it could end up too much of damage loss.

i have no need for dream fragments. i am running anti freeze flask all the time. 90%+ damage from second ring seems too much to lose

P.S i took cyclopean belt for 18% all stats + immune to ignite and shock. (bcz , legacy rings?) i can easily put purity of elements to compensate for lack of resist (55% all resist) without it
I am giving up. I dont know what was the state before 3.11 but right now it took me 14 minutes to kill shaper. thats unacceptable

Spoiler

Last edited by IceLancerSR on Jun 27, 2020, 6:31:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info