[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
IceLancerSR wrote:
"

The way it does it is that you kill something after its flagged as dead but before its corpse spawns it checks if theres any corpses... and the on kill is only if you kill them not if any minions you may have kills them first

wow now i wish i didnt attempt to try this...
it feels so unreliable

Just need to have corpses from Unearth or Desecrate on your first kill because the poison that the spiders apply counts as your dmg and not theirs so that poison dot will spawn spiders when they do the final hit :P
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
"

The way it does it is that you kill something after its flagged as dead but before its corpse spawns it checks if theres any corpses... and the on kill is only if you kill them not if any minions you may have kills them first

it feels so unreliable

It's really much better than it seems. Once the spiders are summoned, they mostly resummon themselves since their poison kills count as ours, like Zehelius pointed out, and when you do need to summon them manually, just desecrate twice, pop a worm flask, and cyclone into the worms. That's it! :) I've played this build for 5 leagues straight, and it never felt clunky to me. But to each their own; I'm sorry if you can't enjoy the build because of that.
How is everyone handling being stunned without allocating Unwavering Stance? Just getting up and running and still in early stages but this is the really the only reason I am dying. Curious what the solve is.
Hi,
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but what skills should I use on my shield if i'm HOP CI build? You've only shown for LL HOA with blood magic supports.
And also in "gems" section on boots ur using "culling strike" and in gear section it's replaced my "faster attacks support"; which ones is better?
Last edited by Pharcayd on Jun 26, 2020, 5:42:36 PM
"
salzanomts54 wrote:
How is everyone handling being stunned without allocating Unwavering Stance? Just getting up and running and still in early stages but this is the really the only reason I am dying. Curious what the solve is.

there's a pantheon you can choose that prevents you from getting stunlocked. Currently am level 91 and have had no issues being stunned without Unwavering Stance.
"
salzanomts54 wrote:

Like ViperThunder said, you should be using Soul of the Brine King, and you'll be perfectly fine. It will also protect you against freeze and chill when you upgrade it.

"
Pharcayd wrote:
Hi,
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but what skills should I use on my shield if i'm HOP CI build? You've only shown for LL HOA with blood magic supports.
And also in "gems" section on boots ur using "culling strike" and in gear section it's replaced my "faster attacks support"; which ones is better?

When in doubt, trust the PoB. The guide itself isn't 100% updated yet. :)
"
ViperThunder wrote:
"
salzanomts54 wrote:

there's a pantheon you can choose that prevents you from getting stunlocked. Currently am level 91 and have had no issues being stunned without Unwavering Stance.

Right...Brine King. Now I feel stupid - thank you!
If you want you can get up to 80% stun avoidance from labs boot enchant.

Any recommendations regarding good small cluster jewel stats?
I have 1 that gives "Dragon hunter" - 30% increased armour - but i feel we already have enough.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
If you want you can get up to 80% stun avoidance from labs boot enchant.

Any recommendations regarding good small cluster jewel stats?
I have 1 that gives "Dragon hunter" - 30% increased armour - but i feel we already have enough.

You never have enough armour, since it scales (linearly) the ES gained on block ;) However, I feel like Will Shaper is too good to not take - it grants around 500 ES by itself, if I recall. :)

Edit: If you still want to take an armour small cluster notable, Prismatic Carapace is much better! :)
Last edited by Vatinas on Jun 27, 2020, 12:18:00 AM
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
"

it feels so unreliable

It's really much better than it seems. Once the spiders are summoned, they mostly resummon themselves since their poison kills count as ours, like Zehelius pointed out, and when you do need to summon them manually, just desecrate twice, pop a worm flask, and cyclone into the worms. That's it! :) I've played this build for 5 leagues straight, and it never felt clunky to me. But to each their own; I'm sorry if you can't enjoy the build because of that.

so the actual trick is to have desecrate up a lot to spawn corpses before fight? and then spiders resumon them selfs?
but how do you sustain that in boss fight? with flasks? what if fight is too long or with phases of immortality i would end up without flask charges to keep spiders up?

another thing i encountered yesterday, stun.. bloody hell i got stunned every couple seconds it was literally stop/go /stop/go, yeah i know about chain stun from pantheon but then u loose serious damage over time protection in other..
and virulence stacks had some issues staying up usually ranged from 27-33 and if i would stop cycloning just for a second , virulence goes down extremely fast down to 5

P.S
i have no doubt u enjoyed build before 3.11 nerf , but a lot has changed in that patch ..

Sirus fight just poped in my head, ending up with spiders down during his phase i would have to chase worms while he beams me with DIE? not a pleasant thought

Feels like GGG really did some weird stuff with nerf patch, mobs stun for one , that shit became too serious now

i gave it another go.. something is still off.. damage is not there , bloody spiders are struggling to kill rare mobs
Last edited by IceLancerSR on Jun 27, 2020, 3:40:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info