[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

So I had a second pair of boots and decided to for shits and giggles corrupt the first one.

Hey op thanks for the build, starting to really enjoy it.
I notice you are using a Carrion golem but i find i can't raise any spiders when this guy is spawned using desecrate.
The little shit kills my worms way to quick.
Edited
Last edited by Maldice on Jun 25, 2020, 10:16:48 AM
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Hey op thanks for the build, starting to really enjoy it.
I notice you are using a Carrion golem but i find i can't raise any spiders when this guy is spawned using desecrate.
The little shit kills my worms way to quick.

Hi,

I use the Carrion Golem in an experimental version of build I haven't put in the guide yet, I'm waiting to see how it works later on in the game. And it's true that the golem killing worms is an issue. There are a few tricks that can help you though.

1) Start Cycloning, and then use two flasks at once. That spawns 4 worms, and though you still can't be 100% sure you'll kill one before your golem, I find that I do in about 75% of the cases.

2) Wait for your minions to be hitting an enemy, then stand a few meters away and spawn your spiders easily. Since you're unkillable, you can afford being hit for a few seconds.

I hope that helps :)

Edit: 3) If you're playing with golem, you can try socketing your Carrion Golem - Feeding Frenzy - Cast when stunned in your shield, which would allow you to weapon swap twice to despawn the golem and your spiders, allowing you to cleanly resummon the spooders. It will require you to cast your offering manually though, so it's up to you.
Last edited by Vatinas on Jun 25, 2020, 10:43:19 AM
How much armor does vault usually gives ?
I am just curious if it could be offset with some are item with massive armor , if so how much would it require?
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
How much armor does vault usually gives ?
I am just curious if it could be offset with some are item with massive armor , if so how much would it require?

Removing Memory Vault makes you lose 38K armour. :p So no, I wouldn't recommend taking it off. Sorry!
Wich links for Herald of Agony are the correct ones? You have different gem links in you Path of Building and in your thread.
IGN Jadyra | Kitargua
@Vatinas. Why did u say the need for RT with HoA? I just quick checked and character has 95% chance to hit. I don't see the need for RT?
Thanks for the build! I played a life version of this a few leagues back that was very good (HoP), but the survivablity wasn't that great in the later stages of the game. I think I'm going to give this a shot.

Is there an alternative setup for circle of guilt rings that don't have reduced mana reserve? Getting the damage on the rings is easy, looks like they go for 15 chaos, but with reserve as well the price shoots up to 3ex per ring.

Would you have to just run a 5L instead of 6?
"
Narrgis wrote:
Wich links for Herald of Agony are the correct ones? You have different gem links in you Path of Building and in your thread.

For the current version, the correct links are the ones in the PoB. I haven't gotten around to updating the gems in the guide, that will be done soon. Sorry!

"
IceLancerSR wrote:
@Vatinas. Why did u say the need for RT with HoA? I just quick checked and character has 95% chance to hit. I don't see the need for RT?

Even if you have 95% chance to hit, RT means that you will stack Virulence 5.3% faster, which is huge. Remember that with the HoA version, in order to attain the PoB dps, you need to be at 40 Virulence as often as possible, and RT is a great tool to do just that.

"
Surfinn wrote:
Thanks for the build! I played a life version of this a few leagues back that was very good (HoP), but the survivablity wasn't that great in the later stages of the game. I think I'm going to give this a shot.

Is there an alternative setup for circle of guilt rings that don't have reduced mana reserve? Getting the damage on the rings is easy, looks like they go for 15 chaos, but with reserve as well the price shoots up to 3ex per ring.

Would you have to just run a 5L instead of 6?

Without reduced mana reservation, you can have a... 2L. However, I've experimented with a modified skill tree that only requires 21% reduced reservation rings (so 17% on the base is enough, if you get enough catalysts), I'm planning to update the guide with it soon. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info