[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

You could try an oil anoint on your ammy, will make a small improvement but probably not enough.
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
I am giving up. I dont know what was the state before 3.11 but right now it took me 14 minutes to kill shaper. thats unacceptable

Spoiler

I killed an A5 Sirus in a few minutes today, as well as a 4 man lvl 83 "uber uber Izaro", so I don't think the build is "unacceptable". You should start by leveling all your gems to at least 19, anoint + catalyse your amulet, and make sure to keep your buffs (spirit offering + warcry) up at all times.
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
I am giving up. I dont know what was the state before 3.11 but right now it took me 14 minutes to kill shaper. thats unacceptable

Spoiler

Idk what this guy is doing wrong but I've had no issues with this build. I played this last league and its still just as solid IMHO.

Im level 94 and have completed most content including shaper, elder and sirus. If you flask and pop your worms correctly you generally don't have a problem keeping spiders up most of the fight.

It has lost a little damage since the patch nerfs but tbh the switch to CI made it even more solid defensively and I prefer it over the LL I played last league.

The only content it struggles with is high level Blight as there is just too much stuff for the minions to fight and they don't do enough damage individually to tear things down fast enough. I find that spamming AoE rock towers with slowing towers gives them the minions the support they need to win occasionally if the lay out isn't too spread out though.

Still a solid 8/10 build for me overall though.
Last edited by MajorSadist on Jun 28, 2020, 2:15:34 AM
"
MajorSadist wrote:
"
IceLancerSR wrote:

Spoiler

Idk what this guy is doing wrong but I've had no issues with this build. I played this last league and its still just as solid IMHO.

Im level 94 and have completed most content including shaper, elder and sirus. If you flask and pop your worms correctly you generally don't have a problem keeping spiders up most of the fight.

It has lost a little damage since the patch nerfs but tbh the switch to CI made it even more solid defensively and I prefer it over the LL I played last league.

The only content it struggles with is high level Blight as there is just too much stuff for the minions to fight and they don't do enough damage individually to tear things down fast enough. I find that spamming AoE rock towers with slowing towers gives them the minions the support they need to win occasionally if the lay out isn't too spread out though.

Still a solid 8/10 build for me overall though.

Absolutely not condemning the build but really need to know your definition of "high level blight". Got a T8 blight and had no hope what so ever defending it.
That shows a real dps problem to me.
All other content is easily handled due to the extremely high defenses that allows us time to win.
Need more DPS.
Having a 6 link for a very very "meh" 4 minion skill is i think the weak point.
Those 4 sentinels don't do ant damage what so ever i feel.
May just continue with the purity aura but on zombies.
Thoughts?
Great build so far even with my crazy low budget (around 60-70c dropped till level 87 - rest is from chaos recipe ;/). I made a different approach after I accidentally bought armor with wrong colors. You can check my LongNeckMemeGuy character. My spendings so far:

weapon - 30c
shield - 10c
helmet - 5c
armor - 18c
boots - 5c
gloves - 5c
amulet - 30c
ring - 5c
jewels - 8c
belt - found (worth 1c)
Total worth: 117c

In short: 6,2k ES, freeze/chill/chaos immunity, easy res cap, 60% pdmg reduction (without flask/determination/molten shell) on t10 maps.
Last edited by IsabelleX on Jun 28, 2020, 5:09:49 PM
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Absolutely not condemning the build but really need to know your definition of "high level blight". Got a T8 blight and had no hope what so ever defending it.
That shows a real dps problem to me.
All other content is easily handled due to the extremely high defenses that allows us time to win.
Need more DPS.
Having a 6 link for a very very "meh" 4 minion skill is i think the weak point.
Those 4 sentinels don't do ant damage what so ever i feel.
May just continue with the purity aura but on zombies.
Thoughts?

It's always been known that that build wasn't good at blighted maps, because we lack AoE. But that doesn't reveal a lack of DPS in my opinion, it just reveals a lack of AoE. I am by no means saying that the build is perfect, or that our DPS is the best ever; I'm aware of the limits of the build, and I accepted them the moment I decided to invest so heavily in defense. But I still think it doesn't mean a DPS problem - plus, I've carried a lot of Sirus, cortex, lvl 83 lab, etc. and had no DPS issue whatsoever. :)

About the sentinels, I know they look underwhelming - and when someone told me about them and asked if they could be used to replace HoA, I was very doubtful. But in the current state of the build (the one that I will be updating right after this message), they deal around 450K dps each, for a total of 1.8 million Sirus DPS - with the spiders being at 1.7 million (without awakened melee phys on the spiders, and without the warcry), that's half our DPS for 22% mana reserved. They really shouldn't be underestimated. For comparison, with the same skill tree and items, 6L zombies would have 100k DPS each with 8 maximum zombies, for a total of 800k DPS. Not to mention that a huge perk of HoP sentinels is that they resummon themselves, which means we don't need to invest in minion life or minion life regen, while zombies would require a consequent investment in it. :)
Important update: I updated the guide with the new, improved version of the build! Featuring more damage, cheaper gear, and still no pants.

If you started building and gearing the previous version, it's perfectly fine! It was, and still is, perfectly viable. This version just is an improvement. Just start transitioning to this version at your own pace, bit by bit. :)

I'm really sorry for making a mid-league change, but I figured out a few mechanics while playing (for instance, I discovered there was conditional spell block on abyss jewels only when I found one with it). I hope I'm not causing you too much trouble. But the build won't change anymore this league, I promise! ;)
I see withering touch, deathmark, and melee phys on the spiders in latest build. how important is deathmark? would it be better to just have an Awakened Minion Damage gem in there instead? it's impractical to deathmark all the targets (of course it is more useful vs. boss)

also how much dps is withering touch adding compared to other +dps supports?

thankyou :)
your build rocks
"
ViperThunder wrote:
I see withering touch, deathmark, and melee phys on the spiders in latest build. how important is deathmark? would it be better to just have an Awakened Minion Damage gem in there instead? it's impractical to deathmark all the targets (of course it is more useful vs. boss)

also how much dps is withering touch adding compared to other +dps supports?

thankyou :)
your build rocks

deathmark is totally stupid gem. should be reworked into global , because right now its as said stooopid! if u dont have that shity gem, minions not linked to it would just chase w/e mobs ,leaving boss to freely roam arround
same goes for rare mobs, lets say u encounter "allies cannot die" ..
since for mapping ur spaiders use "splash" and there is pack of 40+ mobs and 1 rare? it will be some freaking time till splash hits that rare.. so deathmark is a must, but as i said its stooopid gem
u lose 70% dps compared to other dps gem but u cant go without it

and whats worse in this case..u need deathmark , twice, on chest and dagger.. because it only affects linked summons..
Last edited by IceLancerSR on Jun 29, 2020, 7:35:20 AM
Potency of will? Will it increase duration of spiders? or its for other stuff, like rally cry , molten shell?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info