[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
LeeTKaN wrote:
No problem! Just shelled out the last bit of chaos for the build time to start leveling. I played your LL/HoA version back in blight so I'm looking forward to trying out CI/HoP as a change. Will post back when im on maps to update how its going.

Okay, let me know how it goes! :)
i did check PoB
a.minion+a.melee+maim 526.815 (no bleed dependacy but maim chance) 480.000 while not maimed

a.minion+a.melee+ruthless 535.000 (no bleed/maim depend, but damage not constant = every 3rd attack, looks best)

a.minion+a.melee+bloodlust 592.263 (bloodlust=bleed dependancy) 363.000 while not bleeding

ruthless+bloodlust+maim 498.268 (all bleed dependancy) (if not bleeding damage only 300.000)

per minion
not to mention that damage is constant and not depending on bleed
problem for non good rolled rings would be mana reserved with those gems

i would go with either 1st or second choice. Just to avoid bleed dependency. i always hated "chance to happen" stuff and damage info is higher then bleed setup and constant because of no dependancy

P.S
ok nvm golem has frenzy
Last edited by IceLancerSR on Jun 30, 2020, 6:43:07 AM
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
i did check PoB

Also check vulnarability on gloves ;) Better dps than despair and cheap right now.
For me Stalwart Commander worked well as a cheaper option in the small cluster jewel instead of Will Shaper

Lose 186 Energy Shield
Gain 6282 Armour
Warning: There is a lot of theorycrafting and numbers in this message, feel free to skip it if you don't care about that stuff. :)

"
IceLancerSR wrote:
i did check PoB
a.minion+a.melee+maim 526.815 (no bleed dependacy but maim chance) 480.000 while not maimed

a.minion+a.melee+ruthless 535.000 (no bleed/maim depend, but damage not constant = every 3rd attack, looks best)

a.minion+a.melee+bloodlust 592.263 (bloodlust=bleed dependancy) 363.000 while not bleeding

ruthless+bloodlust+maim 498.268 (all bleed dependancy) (if not bleeding damage only 300.000)

per minion

i would go with either 1st or second choice. Just to avoid bleed dependency. i always hated "chance to happen" stuff and damage info is higher then bleed setup and constant because of no dependancy

P.S
ok nvm golem has frenzy

Your gems do provide a decent upgrade, but have several important drawbacks that made me choose not to go this way.

1) As you mentioned, the mana multiplier. It requires two perfect roll circle rings, with 20 catalysts on each.

2) It requires lvl 5 awakened gems - which is ultimately doable, but requires a *lot* of grinding, and it'll be a long, long time before you reach the DPS PoB is showing you.

3) You lose maim. Like I mentioned, it is a great quality of life, and a great way to stick to mobile bosses.

If you want to go this way, go ahead, but it will require much more investment, and keep in mind that with the gems I mentioned, you will start at 560K DPS - which is a great upgrade, don't get me wrong, but not as high as the numbers PoB initially show you. And, once again, the lack of maim might be a pain.

As for the bleed dependency, I agree that in general, "chance to (...)" effects are unreliable, but Cyclone hits 6 times per second, had 25% chance to bleed (which means that we inflict bleed every 1.5 seconds on average), and our bleed lasts 5 seconds. So it can be considered reliable, even if we cyclone for a second every now and then.

I think the bottom line is that I'm trying to make my build's DPS realistic. You're right, level 5 20% awakened gems would improve the DPS, but I prefer not counting on it. That being said, if you really want to go this way, even level 1 awakened gems would provide a good damage upgrade, but you will still be met with the problems 1 and 3 I discussed above. It's up to you to choose what you prefer, but I will keep the gems I currently have in my PoB.

"
IsabelleX wrote:
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
i did check PoB

Also check vulnarability on gloves ;) Better dps than despair and cheap right now.

The DPS with Vulnerability is only better on Sentinels. The total DPS is:

With Despair: 4*498.3K (sentinels) + 20*98.4K (spiders) = 3.96 million DPS

With Vulnerability: 4*516K (sentinels) + 20*92.6K (spiders) = 3.91 million DPS

For a total difference of 50K DPS. Despair isn't a buge improvement though, so if Vulnerability is cheaper, go for it.

As I wrote the last sentence, something occured to me. I was only thinking of the raw damage the curses provide, but Vulnerability also grants chance to maim and to bleed - which would mean that we could ditch Chance to Bleed on Cyclone (I've yet to decide what gem would be best instead of it, feel free to give suggestions; my best guess so far is Maim, for the "maimed enemies take #% increased damage", which grants 8.6% more DPS to sentinels and 2.9% to spiders), and would allow both us and all our minions to maim and bleed - which would still enable Bloodlust.

However, since bosses have less effects of curses, every hit would only have a 6.7% chance to maim and hit (unless we do use Maim on Cyclone, in which case we will reliably maim in any case). That would, however, be balanced by the fact that our spiders hit 36 times per second in total, which means that even Sirus and friends would be inflicted with bleed and maim at least 3 times per second just from our minions, and the bleed would last 5 seconds.

In my opinion, this could work, and allow the replacement of Maim by Awakened Minion Damage on sentinels, and of Chance to Bleed by Maim on Cyclone. Another huge rare, end-game pro of this would be that there is an interesting belt enchant that would then apply to the spiders' poison:

However, it is not yet implemented in PoB, so I can't tell you how much that would grant. I'm guessing it would be around 6% more damage for spiders, so around 3% more damage globally.

The huge con of this would be that we'd lose a lot of damage versus Hexproof enemies. We can avoid the map mod though, since the only other one we need to avoid is less armour/block chance, but we might still be faced with hexproof rare enemies.

I haven't made my mind up about this yet, but I think I'm going to give the new setup a try - the only real problem will be the occasional hexproof mobs, who will take around 20% less damage than non-hexproof, but I'm okay with killing a rare mob a bit slower every 5 maps or so.

Let me know what you all think, I'm always interested in what people prefer :) And sorry for the wall of text!

"
Dobarn wrote:
For me Stalwart Commander worked well as a cheaper option in the small cluster jewel instead of Will Shaper

Lose 186 Energy Shield
Gain 6282 Armour

You're right, this is a great notable! Thank you for sharing. I will definitely list it in the guide as a budget option, and might even consider using it myself in end-game. Thank you :)
Last edited by Vatinas on Jun 30, 2020, 9:57:21 AM
First, Big tx for the guide, really enjoying it!

After a false start with another HoP Gardian build, i switch to it, but was costly. So for now , cant buy a Skin of loyal/lord with 5R-1B, too expensive.

Do you have a 6L HoP suggestion for a 3R-2B-1G?

Sorry for my mistake, english not my 1st language...

Again, thanx for your time!

"
MRHolytear24 wrote:
First, Big tx for the guide, really enjoying it!

After a false start with another HoP Gardian build, i switch to it, but was costly. So for now , cant buy a Skin of loyal/lord with 5R-1B, too expensive.

Do you have a 6L HoP suggestion for a 3R-2B-1G?

Sorry for my mistake, english not my 1st language...

Again, thanx for your time!

You could try to use HoP - Bloodlust - Ruthless - Deathmark - Minion Damage - Vile Toxins. You might need a bit more than 21% reduced mana reserved on your rings though, you'll need to try it out in PoB. :)
Much easier to color the sockets now, but too bad I did it twice on 2 different rainbowstride's already XD

Thank you for the updated pob link
You're welcome! :) I'm glad I could make things easier!
Last edited by Vatinas on Jun 30, 2020, 3:52:08 PM
I'm quoting my previous message so it appears on top of the next page, since it's an important one. :)

"
Vatinas wrote:
Warning: There is a lot of theorycrafting and numbers in this message, feel free to skip it if you don't care about that stuff. :)

"
IceLancerSR wrote:
i did check PoB

per minion

P.S
ok nvm golem has frenzy

Your gems do provide a decent upgrade, but have several important drawbacks that made me choose not to go this way.

1) As you mentioned, the mana multiplier. It requires two perfect roll circle rings, with 20 catalysts on each.

2) It requires lvl 5 awakened gems - which is ultimately doable, but requires a *lot* of grinding, and it'll be a long, long time before you reach the DPS PoB is showing you.

3) You lose maim. Like I mentioned, it is a great quality of life, and a great way to stick to mobile bosses.

If you want to go this way, go ahead, but it will require much more investment, and keep in mind that with the gems I mentioned, you will start at 560K DPS - which is a great upgrade, don't get me wrong, but not as high as the numbers PoB initially show you. And, once again, the lack of maim might be a pain.

As for the bleed dependency, I agree that in general, "chance to (...)" effects are unreliable, but Cyclone hits 6 times per second, had 25% chance to bleed (which means that we inflict bleed every 1.5 seconds on average), and our bleed lasts 5 seconds. So it can be considered reliable, even if we cyclone for a second every now and then.

I think the bottom line is that I'm trying to make my build's DPS realistic. You're right, level 5 20% awakened gems would improve the DPS, but I prefer not counting on it. That being said, if you really want to go this way, even level 1 awakened gems would provide a good damage upgrade, but you will still be met with the problems 1 and 3 I discussed above. It's up to you to choose what you prefer, but I will keep the gems I currently have in my PoB.

"
IsabelleX wrote:
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
i did check PoB

The DPS with Vulnerability is only better on Sentinels. The total DPS is:

With Despair: 4*498.3K (sentinels) + 20*98.4K (spiders) = 3.96 million DPS

With Vulnerability: 4*516K (sentinels) + 20*92.6K (spiders) = 3.91 million DPS

For a total difference of 50K DPS. Despair isn't a buge improvement though, so if Vulnerability is cheaper, go for it.

As I wrote the last sentence, something occured to me. I was only thinking of the raw damage the curses provide, but Vulnerability also grants chance to maim and to bleed - which would mean that we could ditch Chance to Bleed on Cyclone (I've yet to decide what gem would be best instead of it, feel free to give suggestions; my best guess so far is Maim, for the "maimed enemies take #% increased damage", which grants 8.6% more DPS to sentinels and 2.9% to spiders), and would allow both us and all our minions to maim and bleed - which would still enable Bloodlust.

However, since bosses have less effects of curses, every hit would only have a 6.7% chance to maim and hit (unless we do use Maim on Cyclone, in which case we will reliably maim in any case). That would, however, be balanced by the fact that our spiders hit 36 times per second in total, which means that even Sirus and friends would be inflicted with bleed and maim at least 3 times per second just from our minions, and the bleed would last 5 seconds.

In my opinion, this could work, and allow the replacement of Maim by Awakened Minion Damage on sentinels, and of Chance to Bleed by Maim on Cyclone. Another huge rare, end-game pro of this would be that there is an interesting belt enchant that would then apply to the spiders' poison:

However, it is not yet implemented in PoB, so I can't tell you how much that would grant. I'm guessing it would be around 6% more damage for spiders, so around 3% more damage globally.

The huge con of this would be that we'd lose a lot of damage versus Hexproof enemies. We can avoid the map mod though, since the only other one we need to avoid is less armour/block chance, but we might still be faced with hexproof rare enemies.

I haven't made my mind up about this yet, but I think I'm going to give the new setup a try - the only real problem will be the occasional hexproof mobs, who will take around 20% less damage than non-hexproof, but I'm okay with killing a rare mob a bit slower every 5 maps or so.

Let me know what you all think, I'm always interested in what people prefer :) And sorry for the wall of text!

"
Dobarn wrote:

Lose 186 Energy Shield
Gain 6282 Armour

You're right, this is a great notable! Thank you for sharing. I will definitely list it in the guide as a budget option, and might even consider using it myself in end-game. Thank you :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info