[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

HI Vatinas!
First of all, big thanks on the updated build, amazing job you did!!
Incredible how active the thread is, had to read like 10 pages after my last comment :P, it's great to see so much ideas.
I started to level the build a little ago and managed to get just to 84 so far, I started with t9 maps just yesterday. But still missing half the equipment :(, but the build is doing amazing so far, I'm using the spiders with the domination, the zombies, a golem (stone so far for the regen, not CI yet) and I placed summon phantasm too, when all of them are out I'm a bulldozer (and my video card is red hot), a yellow map in less than 2 min I think, basically I just walk picking loot and hitting with domi once in a while. I know that's not really the idea of the build, so I'm still working on get my stuff, just wanna to pass and say Hi, and let know that leveling the build is a breeze (not inmortal yet, but with care all manageable) even when you can't have all the stuff (rings with mana reduction and sentinel dmg are no less than 2ex :(, in league ).
And the other reason I passed by is to ask if you can take a look at my theorycrafting LL option, if it's not too much to ask:
https://pastebin.com/3qGqTvrb
Looks like can have more DPS but a little less defence (unless I'm not couting something). I want to try it after completing the CI one.

Thanks a lot!
I think minions cant cause bleeding. Sentinels at least. So vuln curse wouldnt work on them. cant check spiders without tooltip.
Last edited by IceLancerSR on Jun 30, 2020, 8:53:43 PM
"
Kemmotar1 wrote:
HI Vatinas!
Incredible how active the thread is, had to read like 10 pages after my last comment :P, it's great to see so much ideas.
I started to level the build a little ago and managed to get just to 84 so far, I started with t9 maps just yesterday. But still missing half the equipment :(, but the build is doing amazing so far, I'm using the spiders with the domination, the zombies, a golem (stone so far for the regen, not CI yet) and I placed summon phantasm too, when all of them are out I'm a bulldozer (and my video card is red hot), a yellow map in less than 2 min I think, basically I just walk picking loot and hitting with domi once in a while. I know that's not really the idea of the build, so I'm still working on get my stuff, just wanna to pass and say Hi, and let know that leveling the build is a breeze (not inmortal yet, but with care all manageable) even when you can't have all the stuff (rings with mana reduction and sentinel dmg are no less than 2ex :(, in league ).
And the other reason I passed by is to ask if you can take a look at my theorycrafting LL option, if it's not too much to ask:
Looks like can have more DPS but a little less defence (unless I'm not couting something). I want to try it after completing the CI one.

Thanks a lot!

It's pretty late here, but I'll answer in detail tomorrow. :)

"
IceLancerSR wrote:
I think minions cant cause bleeding. Sentinels at least. So vuln curse wouldnt work on them. cant check spiders without tooltip.

From the wiki:

"Trap, mine, minion or totem damage modifiers will also affect the damage of bleed if it is applied by a trap, a mine, a minion or a totem respectively. "

Also, you can see in PoB that, when Vulnerability is applied, Sentinels don't have a bleed DPS (they can't inflict bleed because of Bloodlust), but spiders do.
Last edited by Vatinas on Jun 30, 2020, 9:04:27 PM
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
Kemmotar1 wrote:
HI Vatinas!

Thanks a lot!

It's pretty late here, but I'll answer in detail tomorrow. :)

"
IceLancerSR wrote:

From the wiki:

"Trap, mine, minion or totem damage modifiers will also affect the damage of bleed if it is applied by a trap, a mine, a minion or a totem respectively. "

Also, you can see in PoB that, when Vulnerability is applied, Sentinels don't have a bleed DPS (they can't inflict bleed because of Bloodlust), but spiders do.

i dont have bloodlust. I just put chance to bleed on sentinels. There is no tooltip saying "sentinels" have chance to bleed. leading me to conclusion that they cant do bleed. Then that might also apply to spiders. Yes they gain bonus from bleeding target i didnt say that, just that they cant make target bleed by them selfs

P.S
as for stalwart commander, i lose 1200es but gain 5k armor. But i didnt notice anything can hit me for more then 2-3k es and i am at 11k. with "90% phys red"<tooltip> using watchers with +%7 p.red
Last edited by IceLancerSR on Jun 30, 2020, 9:14:35 PM
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
i dont have bloodlust. I just put chance to bleed on sentinels. There is no tooltip saying "sentinels" have chance to bleed. leading me to conclusion that they cant do bleed. Then that might also apply to spiders. Yes they gain bonus from bleeding target i didnt say that, just that they cant make target bleed by them selfs

P.S
as for stalwart commander, i lose 1200es but gain 5k armor. But i didnt notice anything can hit me for more then 2-3k es and i am at 11k. with "90% phys red"<tooltip> using watchers with +%7 p.red

I checked in map, and spiders can inflict bleed.
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
IceLancerSR wrote:

P.S

I checked in map, and spiders can inflict bleed.

in that case bleed gems might be very good option. as long as you dont have to be the one that must cause bleeding. gives u leeway
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
in that case bleed gems might be very good option. as long as you dont have to be the one that must cause bleeding. gives u leeway

I agree. I am trying out that new setup (vuln on hit, maim support on cyclone and maim -> awakened minion damage on HoP, required a 22% and a 23% ring), and so far I've noticed a very large improvement do damage. I destroyed a Cortex map (recorded the boss fight, will post it tomorrow), but I want to try it a bit more before making any changes to the guide.

Thank you for your input by the way :) You're not always very delicate about your remarks, but that doesn't really matter; what matters is that you have a very critical (in a good way!) view on the build, and you're contributing to making it better. :)
Hi, just want to say i transitioned from HoA version after having trouble with the gem colours and such, and the new HoP one you posted recently feels alot smoother and i can clear most content with ease, just some DoT bosses i have trouble with.

Anyway, thank-you for the clear and well updated build guild, pretty much unkillable and alot of fun to play. Will definitely test alot more with this build.
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
IceLancerSR wrote:

I agree. I am trying out that new setup (vuln on hit, maim support on cyclone and maim -> awakened minion damage on HoP, required a 22% and a 23% ring), and so far I've noticed a very large improvement do damage. I destroyed a Cortex map (recorded the boss fight, will post it tomorrow), but I want to try it a bit more before making any changes to the guide.

Thank you for your input by the way :) You're not always very delicate about your remarks, but that doesn't really matter; what matters is that you have a very critical (in a good way!) view on the build, and you're contributing to making it better. :)

hm, sorry if i sounded rude sometimes, that was not my intention. English is not my native language, so expressing one self properly does not come easy :-) One could even say that a lot is actually "lost in translation". I am glad i helped tho :)

if there is free spot in ur cyclone, maybe inc.aoe gem?

@ConsoleNoob healthy mind jewel with corrupt blood cannot be inflicted on you, might be good cheap option for you?
Also you have zealoth oath but u didnt assign any node for hp regeneration, that will cause you problems u describe vs damage over time, actually u have sanctiti but another node combat stamina can do a lot of good i dont even need bleed flask even tho i carry one. regen is that high

P.S
There is another trick i mentioned before. Cyclopean Coil belt. If nothing else try it at D.O.T bosses? It makes you imune to burning and shock i use it all the time
(requires
str->dex
int->str
hm ok my bad u wont have enough resist in that case. , i forgot i am using legacy rmr rings

Sorrow of the divine flask?
Last edited by IceLancerSR on Jul 1, 2020, 8:27:03 AM
"
Kemmotar1 wrote:
HI Vatinas!

Thanks a lot!

Here I am! :) Sorry for the delay in the answer.

You're right, I'm impressed by how active the thread is this league! It's amazing, I'm really glad that people are enjoying it :')

As for the rings, you can start by grabbing rings with only reduced mana reserved. I sold my old ring, which had that mod and was catalysed to 21% reduced mana reserved, for 50c a few days ago, so you should be able to get two fairly quickly. :)

Concerning your LL version, I want to insist on the fact that I've played LL for four leagues straight, and this being the first league I'm building CI, it's so, so much better. The damage is not that much better in the LL version (plus, remember spiders do half the DPS, so 10% more damage on sentinels is only 5% more damage globally), and being immune to chaos damage is a huge improvement, since it was basically the only thing that could kill us. I had my first death in maps only recently, and it was to a martyr's touch corpse explosion in a T16, less armour/block chance, vulnerability map, when I didn't have time to use molten shell and my granite flask :') For comparison, I think I had died around 10 or 15 times by that time of the league with the LL version.

In fact, I'm planning to retire the LL version of the build, and focus on the CI one. I'm leaving it for now so people aren't forced to switch mid-league, but the LL tag will probably be gone by next league. My point is, you can always go LL if you want, but the benefits are far outweighed by the weaknesses in my opinion.

That being said, if you still want to go LL, you should make sure to reserve as much life and mana as possible, since those grant you armour and ES. So use a Blood Magic gem whose level is as low as possible, but still high enough to be able to use Determination, and one Circle of Guilt with 22% reduced mana reserved is enough to use HoP with your gems (which means you can get, for instance, sentinel damage + phys damage reduction on your other ring).

Other than that, if you're willing to push the build to lvl 97+, you could take out Death Attunement and instead socket a secon medium cluster left of Minion Instability, with the same mods as listed in the guide. It would require level 98 for one notable, and 99 for two, but it would be much more damage than Death Attunement. Another option, if you want more tankiness, is to grab Steelwood Stance like I like, which grants a *lot* of armour in total if you've blocked recently, even if you have a shield.

Last thing: don't underestimate Darkness Enthroned. ;) It's not completely necessary, but it's still an incresibly good belt that has the potential to be better than a really good stygian vise!

"
IceLancerSR wrote:
hm, sorry if i sounded rude sometimes, that was not my intention. English is not my native language, so expressing one self properly does not come easy :-) One could even say that a lot is actually "lost in translation". I am glad i helped tho :)

if there is free spot in ur cyclone, maybe inc.aoe gem?

@ConsoleNoob healthy mind jewel with corrupt blood cannot be inflicted on you, might be good cheap option for you?
Also you have zealoth oath but u didnt assign any node for hp regeneration, that will cause you problems u describe vs damage over time, actually u have sanctiti but another node combat stamina can do a lot of good i dont even need bleed flask even tho i carry one. regen is that high

P.S
There is another trick i mentioned before. Cyclopean Coil belt. If nothing else try it at D.O.T bosses? It makes you imune to burning and shock i use it all the time
(requires
str->dex
int->str
hm ok my bad u wont have enough resist in that case. , i forgot i am using legacy rmr rings

Sorrow of the divine flask?

It's okay man! :) I didn't mean to say that you've been rude, you weren't rude at all! Especially considering English isn't your first language. The point of my message was to thank you for the help, not make you feel bad for something you didn't even do :')

Inc. AoE could indeed be useful, but not that much in my opinion. I think Maim, for more damage and quality of life, or infused channeling for more defense are far better choices in my opinion. The thing is, the only mobs we absolutely need to curse/bleed/maim for damage are rare mobs and bosses, and we cyclone in their face anyway. So I don't think inc. AoE would help that much. But if it makes the build feel smoother to you, go for it! :)

The Sorrow of the Divine is a good flask, which I listed in a past version of the build. However, I find it much smoother to have three worm jars, an armour flask, and a quicksilver, but if you want to remove two of those to get the Sorrow of the Divine and a decent life flask, it could be helpful in some situations, sure :)

Also, I recorded a few videos: a cortex fight, a lvl 83 mastermind fight, and a short tutorial on how to colour your Memory Vault easily for Cyclone. I will record more in the coming days/weeks, but I'm sorry about the poor quality and the lag in the videos, my computer is getting really old and the poor guy's struggling with all the particles and stuff :')

And if any of you wants to contribute to the guide and has a better computer, I'd be delighted to add your videos to the guide! ;)

Last edited by Vatinas on Jul 1, 2020, 9:20:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info