(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

Just want to say "thanks" to Wallach for a great build! Killed Shaper today on my first ever attempt, one portal, no deaths. And I got this:
Spoiler

EZ game. I have played since Closed Beta (as a casual) and this league is the first where I got past Tier 14 maps in fact.

I think the difference this time is the addictive nature of this build - it's actually fun ALL OF THE TIME. Love the play style, the shatters (better since GGG brought back the old shatter sound of course) and just having the huge DPS with relatively minimal investment to annihilate everything.

Will be playing this build again next league for sure =)
Timezone: GMT +10 (Australia). CASUAL player but I play whenever I can.
I got Atziri Reflection + Coward Legacy + Essence.
I was very happy because the damage went up a lot, but on the other hand my survival has gone down considerably, I have gone from dying almost never to dying on a regular basis.
Can you look at my profile to give me some advice?

Thank you.
"
FeniX_2917 wrote:
I was very happy because the damage went up a lot, but on the other hand my survival has gone down considerably, I have gone from dying almost never to dying on a regular basis.

Thank you.

Only two things I see at a glance are that your eHP is a bit on the low side, and your Steelskin is being kept at a bit lower level so it is only blocking ~1k per activation. You may see better results running a 19/17 split for Steelskin/CWDT to get the buff up to the ~2k range.

You may want to swap out the gloves for some that have a good flat life roll even if you have to shed some damage. They're nice gloves but once you drop the rare shield, it is harder to get your flat life stacked so having a piece that has 0 life is a pretty noticeable hit.

Also, you still have your 4 points in Sanctum of Thought even after you've switched. You can either use those to pick up more raw life somewhere (though you may need to pick up a new minor mana or something to keep your ratio in order), or use those points to pick up your 5th jewel socket and pay for a decent Watcher's Eye (which will bump your life and mana a little bit too).

I think you'll feel more comfortable if you can get closer to ~4.5k life (fully protected) with the stronger Steelskin procs.

"
Wallach wrote:
"
FeniX_2917 wrote:

Thank you.

Only two things I see at a glance are that your eHP is a bit on the low side, and your Steelskin is being kept at a bit lower level so it is only blocking ~1k per activation. You may see better results running a 19/17 split for Steelskin/CWDT to get the buff up to the ~2k range.

You may want to swap out the gloves for some that have a good flat life roll even if you have to shed some damage. They're nice gloves but once you drop the rare shield, it is harder to get your flat life stacked so having a piece that has 0 life is a pretty noticeable hit.

Also, you still have your 4 points in Sanctum of Thought even after you've switched. You can either use those to pick up more raw life somewhere (though you may need to pick up a new minor mana or something to keep your ratio in order), or use those points to pick up your 5th jewel socket and pay for a decent Watcher's Eye (which will bump your life and mana a little bit too).

I think you'll feel more comfortable if you can get closer to ~4.5k life (fully protected) with the stronger Steelskin procs.

Thanks for answering.
I have uploaded the lvl of the gems (Steelskin and CWDT).
I have removed the Sanctum of Thought node and opted to put the 4 points in the Melding node (+ 15% maximum life and + 25% maximun energy shield), I did not find another better node, unless you tell me another interesting.
The gloves I have are very good, I could change the enchant 20% resistances for life, but then the lightning resistance would not reach 75% and the cold resistance would not be the highest resistance.
It is very difficult to find similar gloves with life and cold resistance. Between slower projectiles and faster casting which is more preferable to remove?
Regarding the Watcher's Eye with cold penetration and add cold damage it is unattainable for the price that has +40 exalted.
I have managed to gain about 250 of life, and it seems that I have some more endurance, I have to do more tests.
I have get Atziris Reflection finally, change my rings and belt and nodes in passive tree, but i have a question here.. How should i balance my life/mana pool? Energy shield count for this calculation?

I think the maths are:
Life X 0.66 = Mana (nothing about energy shield)

Is that correct?? You can check my profile, Im taking advice always, thx!
"
FeniX_2917 wrote:
"
Wallach wrote:
"
FeniX_2917 wrote:

Thank you.

Thanks for answering.
I have uploaded the lvl of the gems (Steelskin and CWDT).
I have removed the Sanctum of Thought node and opted to put the 4 points in the Melding node (+ 15% maximum life and + 25% maximun energy shield), I did not find another better node, unless you tell me another interesting.
The gloves I have are very good, I could change the enchant 20% resistances for life, but then the lightning resistance would not reach 75% and the cold resistance would not be the highest resistance.
It is very difficult to find similar gloves with life and cold resistance. Between slower projectiles and faster casting which is more preferable to remove?
Regarding the Watcher's Eye with cold penetration and add cold damage it is unattainable for the price that has +40 exalted.
I have managed to gain about 250 of life, and it seems that I have some more endurance, I have to do more tests.

I do realize the gloves are quite good, but it's just a big price to pay to have 0 life when you have less slots to get life after the shield change. I'd remove Slower Projectiles before Faster Casting if I had the choice.

As far as Watcher's Eye, maybe search for a 1-mod first (cold penetration) when you're in a more comfortable position with your life total.

"
Gorrinako wrote:
I have get Atziris Reflection finally, change my rings and belt and nodes in passive tree, but i have a question here.. How should i balance my life/mana pool? Energy shield count for this calculation?

I think the maths are:
Life X 0.66 = Mana (nothing about energy shield)

Is that correct?? You can check my profile, Im taking advice always, thx!

Best way to think about this (from the leveling tips section):

"
Remember that you want enough unreserved mana to try and cover your entire life pool; you can figure out how much mana that is with the following formula:

Mana / (amount MoM diverts) x (amount Life takes)

So if you had, say, 1,000 mana at this point, it would be:

1,000 / (.3) x (.7) = 2,333 life protected by your mana

Note that this formula is the same once you upgrade your Ascendancy with Divine Guidance, you'd just divide by .4 and multiply by .7 instead.

You basically just want to get enough mana to "protect" your total life pool.
Last edited by Wallach on Oct 28, 2019, 12:37:49 PM
Hello, I have already changed the gloves, they are somewhat inferior to the ones I had but they have life and resistance.
Right now I am in 4439 of life, 1593 of shield and 2623 of mana
Last edited by FeniX_2917 on Oct 28, 2019, 3:44:44 PM
Thanks for the responses on my previous posts, they've been really helpful.

I've got several (around 5-10) deaths in choke points like doorways, Betrayal research encounters, and Delve encounters, etc. I'm running the high-budget version of the build, level 89, and have 4.1k life, 1k ES, and 2.4k mana, which I realize is a bit short of the ratio. I plan on getting a higher-dex amulet so I can craft mana on my helm instead of dex.

I figure it's likely a playstyle issue since I'm used to either clearing areas way before I walk there, or leap slamming into packs and taking advantage of the stun. Any tips in particular to handling doorways and/or delves? Thanks!

Last edited by ShallowBlue on Oct 29, 2019, 12:19:13 PM
"
ShallowBlue wrote:
Thanks for the responses on my previous posts, they've been really helpful.

I've got several (around 5-10) deaths in choke points like doorways, Betrayal research encounters, and Delve encounters, etc. I'm running the high-budget version of the build, level 89, and have 4.1k life, 1k ES, and 2.4k mana, which I realize is a bit short of the ratio. I plan on getting a higher-dex amulet so I can craft mana on my helm instead of dex.

I figure it's likely a playstyle issue since I'm used to either clearing areas way before I walk there, or leap slamming into packs and taking advantage of the stun. Any tips in particular to handling doorways and/or delves? Thanks!

Hello, from my humble opinion I have seen some things on your gear:
Do you have the resistors coated?
Inspiration support on wand and chest?
lvl 19/17 split for Steelskin / CWDT (you have 19/19)
I would try to put the combinations of gems as in the guide (same gems and lvl). Since some gems you have are not the originals of the guide.
As an option I chose to use Vaal Cold Snap to have another more available skill.
Last edited by FeniX_2917 on Oct 30, 2019, 2:34:44 AM
Does Atziri's Promise Flask work in our build or how damage does totems do not work?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info