(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

"
Pesgamer10 wrote:
Thank you very much for the explanation! Looking forward for the video

Alright I uploaded a T16 Elder Racecourse from earlier. You can see that there isn't a lot of stuff that lives even when they are far away from the totem.
"
Wallach wrote:
"
myprism wrote:
"your gem link priorities after taking Ancestral Bond should be Spell Totem -> Freezing Pulse -> Arcane Surge -> Controlled Destruction -> Faster Casting -> Added Cold Damage. Whatever you cannot fit into your actual main link, you should try to level in other gear slots as you'll be using these gems for the rest of the game."

Arcane surge doesn't support totems

Yeah, not sure why I put Arcane Surge in that link. I'll just remove it as I don't think people will have above a 4-link at that point anyway. Thanks for the catch.

You're welcome! Really enjoying the build so far. Thanks!
Hi, thanks for the guide. You asked us to look for spelling mistakes and I think i found one.

"Spell Cascade allows you to both increase Flammability's cost (to give you more room for a higher level Arcane Surge) and allows you to blanket a much larger area without increasing Frostbite's cast time."

I guess that the Flammability part is incorrect or else I'm missing something :)
ooooo this build is lookin spicy. i'm always hesitant on low life builds (ones that don't utilize scion life wheel) even though i play sc because i can't stand dying, but watching your elder racecourse vid, everything shatters and evaporates, makes me feel way better.

kinda bored of melee, and honestly, don't like a lot of the melee changes (multistrike annoying, animation cancelling annoying) so i think i'm gonna give this a go.

it's gonna be hard to transition from jumping into mobs with cyclone and instead dropping totems and staying back, but this build looks very satisfying to play.

thanks for guide :)
"
Sundstr0m wrote:
Hi, thanks for the guide. You asked us to look for spelling mistakes and I think i found one.

"Spell Cascade allows you to both increase Flammability's cost (to give you more room for a higher level Arcane Surge) and allows you to blanket a much larger area without increasing Frostbite's cast time."

I guess that the Flammability part is incorrect or else I'm missing something :)

Ah, thanks for the catch. I based the Leveling Tips section off my Holy Flame Totem guide (since the leveling arc is very similar). Fixed now.

"
RyanTheNinja wrote:
ooooo this build is lookin spicy. i'm always hesitant on low life builds (ones that don't utilize scion life wheel) even though i play sc because i can't stand dying, but watching your elder racecourse vid, everything shatters and evaporates, makes me feel way better.

kinda bored of melee, and honestly, don't like a lot of the melee changes (multistrike annoying, animation cancelling annoying) so i think i'm gonna give this a go.

it's gonna be hard to transition from jumping into mobs with cyclone and instead dropping totems and staying back, but this build looks very satisfying to play.

thanks for guide :)

This build has more life than first glance, since 40% of all damage is sent to our mana pool instead of our life pool. At level 95 I have ~7.9k effective health. Currently about 35% towards 96 and have 2 deaths on the character in total even though I've completed just about all content; it's a pretty safe character in my opinion.
One other small mistake you may have made

"A Rare Sceptre, Wand or Dagger will all work here. You're looking for standard "caster" stats - spell damage, elemental damage, fire damage, critical strike chance, and critical strike multiplier."

I think the fire damage is supposed to be cold.
Does the 100% reduced effect work with Coward's Legacy Chain Belt?
Last edited by filmic on Jun 21, 2019, 10:53:53 PM
"
Wallach wrote:
This build has more life than first glance, since 40% of all damage is sent to our mana pool instead of our life pool. At level 95 I have ~7.9k effective health. Currently about 35% towards 96 and have 2 deaths on the character in total even though I've completed just about all content; it's a pretty safe character in my opinion.

that's true. been a long time since i've done a mom character, i forget how much health they add.

i'll be leveling tonight and hopefully mapping late tonight or early tomorrow, i'll let you know how it goes. it most of my stuff sells, i'll have about ~10ex to invest, so i'm looking forward to taking this thing end game.
"
T_V_C wrote:
One other small mistake you may have made

"A Rare Sceptre, Wand or Dagger will all work here. You're looking for standard "caster" stats - spell damage, elemental damage, fire damage, critical strike chance, and critical strike multiplier."

I think the fire damage is supposed to be cold.

Thanks, got that corrected.

"
filmic wrote:
Does the 100% reduced effect work with Coward's Legacy Chain Belt?

I don't think so because that belt has 50% increased effect of curses on you, so you'll be back at 50% reduced effect of curses if you wear it. You'd probably be better off pairing that belt with Atziri's Reflection and doing something else with your ring slots if you want to run Pain Attunement, though you have the opportunity cost of losing the Shaper shield to consider.
Added a Hall of Grandmasters video since I hit level 96 at the end of tonight's stream and figured I'd throw myself at it. Haven't attempted HoGM in many leagues but I was able to do it without deaths this time (though a bit slowly as HoGM is as sketchy as ever).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info