(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

Thanks Grunn, good to know. I'm actually only missing the last lab, but I'm two trials short (and I'm lvl92, so it's not as though I only saw a couple of them... but it's always the same ones). I didn't manage to complete it in the last league, that's why I was a bit afraid.

I still don't know what to do with my currency though... I guess I'll just save it. I wouldn't know what to look for anyway, I'm afraid, now that all the bases seem covered :-/
"
Schukala wrote:
Thanks Grunn, good to know. I'm actually only missing the last lab, but I'm two trials short (and I'm lvl92, so it's not as though I only saw a couple of them... but it's always the same ones).
If you don't play SSF, write /global 820 and camp until people give away trials. No idea how it's this late into the league, since the league is low on activity overall, but you might have some luck.

excellent guide although it is a bit expensive I can make red maps without having the gems at 20 excuse me if my english is a bit rough but use the google translator I just wanted to say that it is an excellent guide
Hey, it's expensive if you get best in slot but this build does very well with average gear. 5ex gets you a solid build and that's not out of range for most over a league. The quality of life is what i like. Not being effected by temp chains, elemental weakness etc makes for easy mapping at any tier. No life or mana regen is a pain but swapping out flasks fixes that. Solid performer in lab runs. Atziri and Shaper are easy as on average gear. Did my first shaper kill using this build. This is my 3rd league playing it now. Will be my league starter next league as well.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
AKettleOfFish wrote:
Why is heartseeker/throatseeker recommended over disintegration as the amulet annoint? Wouldn't disintegration have the added benefit of increasing the critical strike chance too?
Afaik all the wand nodes say "with wands" which means only applies to attack made with a wand, not to spells. Contrary to staff nodes that say "while wielding a staff" which work for spells too.

Yeah, this is correct. Any time an effect says "with X" weapon type, those effects only apply to attacks.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Schukala wrote:
Thanks Grunn, good to know. I'm actually only missing the last lab, but I'm two trials short (and I'm lvl92, so it's not as though I only saw a couple of them... but it's always the same ones).
If you don't play SSF, write /global 820 and camp until people give away trials. No idea how it's this late into the league, since the league is low on activity overall, but you might have some luck.

Thanks for the advice. Activity was not that low and I was able to find the last two trials. The build is very good for the last lab indeed, a walk in the park!
Well, this build trivializes almost everything. I'm really looking forward to trying your upcoming builds.
"
SpectralLynx wrote:
Well, this build trivializes almost everything. I'm really looking forward to trying your upcoming builds.

Thanks, glad you like it. I'm planning on jumping back into PoE this week as well as restreaming the ExileCon stream this weekend. Thinking about messing around with some Assassin builds until 3.9 hits.

On the topic of 3.9, folks should know that I plan to close this thread and re-create it for the 3.9 update, because I need a second post to expand the guide any further (I am stuck at the character limit here on the forums for a single post). I didn't want to lose all of the discussion that's already happened for later reference but it's too limiting in terms of updating the guide for future patches as it stands. Since I will have more room in the 3.9 thread though, you can let me know if there are any sections or topics you might want to see in the 3.9 update that aren't covered currently.
Not sure what to carry across. i think a lot of it will come down to how much shaper items we can still get with the atlas changes
"
Not sure what to carry across. i think a lot of it will come down to how much shaper items we can still get with the atlas changes

Yeah, it's a little hard to say right now, though it is pretty clear I'll have to do a fair bit of updating for 3.9. We can definitely assume that access to Shaper shields at a minimum is out the window relative to their currently trivial accessibility at the start of maps. It may be that they have moved +1 general totems into the passive skill tree, which would be a slight nerf overall up until the point where you were moving into a high-budget Atziri's Reflection setup (where it would then become a decent gain).

Endgame setups will certainly require a lot of adjustment. The four new influence categories (that can be merged with Shaper influence items for hybrid mod pools) will be a large factor, as well as the new support gems like Added Cold Damage Plus. I won't be focusing on those quite as much when 3.9 first drops though, since they won't be figured out or even that relevant for a while until after the league starts; getting to T16 is going to be noticeably harder in 3.9 and those are all looking like a pretty serious grind even once you're there, so the lower level stuff and passive tree changes will be more important to sort out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info