[3.9] Nickonasty's Modular CoCpri Ice Nova Assassin - Shaper/UElder Viable

Do you still run your CWDT curse if you manage to get a "Poacher's Mark on hit" ring? If not, what would you sub in for it?
Hi,

Many thanks for the guide,

but I still had some doubts about AtkSpeed of Cospri,
Could you take a look at my POB and tell me what to change? I know the jewels, gem, flask can be improved but I'm afraid to spend on the wrong things

https://pastebin.com/cnYFALHH
Last edited by Luizzan on Jun 30, 2019, 5:35:01 PM
"
Gigafood wrote:
Bought a cold leech Yoke, allowing me to use Ele Focus in my Cospri's. That gave me enough damage in my clear setup to feel good running Inc AoE/Conc in my chest, which honestly makes this build feel SO much smoother clearing. Legions especially get melted by Vaal Ice Nova with Inc Aoe.

One thing I didn't see mentioned in the guide, though - Would it not be better for single-target to drop Frostbolt from your cospri's and run a second support gem for Ice Nova? FB is good for clearing, but on bosses you get the same number of procs regardless and Ice Nova does more damage than Frostbolt, plus an extra link

No. Ice Nova's unique mechanic let's it "echo" for free when cast on Frostbolts, effectively doubling your damage. Removing Frostbolts would halve your Ice Nova DPS.
noot noot
"
Phantasterei wrote:
Do you still run your CWDT curse if you manage to get a "Poacher's Mark on hit" ring? If not, what would you sub in for it?

Enfeeble when triggered typically applies to enemies that are far away. The actual case scenario where enemies that have both Poacher's and Enfeeble fighting for priority is very minimal, and they are usually dead shortly after. I would keep Enfeeble in, even with Poacher's Mark as an additional safety net to random offscreen DMG. If you want to free up the link you can put in Enduring Cry for manual casting or INC duration or Vaal RF (which is what I usually swap in when I do bosses).
noot noot
"
Ralign wrote:
"
Phantasterei wrote:

Enfeeble when triggered typically applies to enemies that are far away. The actual case scenario where enemies that have both Poacher's and Enfeeble fighting for priority is very minimal, and they are usually dead shortly after. I would keep Enfeeble in, even with Poacher's Mark as an additional safety net to random offscreen DMG. If you want to free up the link you can put in Enduring Cry for manual casting or INC duration or Vaal RF (which is what I usually swap in when I do bosses).

Thanks! I'd kept it in thus far for basically the reason you stated, but thought I'd ask in case there was anything better. Might end up giving Vaal RF a try eventually, since that sounds like a solid suggestion :)
Im respec my trickster into it. And i do not feel my damage and survival. I think I can kill all content, but very slowly. And oneshots. Often. Super often. I lost 70% of my experience on 91lvl. Ideas? Profile open
Ютуб - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNjTcO-6nu13SrLJ8HuokgA
Твич - https://www.twitch.tv/santadesert
"
Santa_Desert wrote:
Im respec my trickster into it. And i do not feel my damage and survival. I think I can kill all content, but very slowly. And oneshots. Often. Super often. I lost 70% of my experience on 91lvl. Ideas? Profile open

Well, you've picked up the Yoke of Suffering, and that's more or less where your setup departs from anything I've written in the guide.

You're not running a Soul Tether/Glorious Vanity which is where most of the defenses of this version comes from. Pair that with the fact you're running MoM and Unnatural Instinct but haven't finished picking up the Scion Life Wheel and I think you can figure out why you're so squishy.

You're also using Arc and Fortify in your chest instead of Ice Nova, which is where 60-70% of your overall DPS comes from.

Your attack speed is also definitely not synced up with the Trigger Cooldown for any of your CoC spells. You're running Frenzy Generation with Ice Bite and Onslaught with Herald of Ice but haven't accounted for that increase in attack speed which could be up to halving your damage.

In summary:
1) Choose whether you want Glorious Vanity/Soul Tether or only Life, and reallocate your points accordingly. If you want Life, fill out the Scion Wheel and put less priority on Melding/Written in Blood.

2) Swap your chest link for Ice Nova and one more DMG support. If you can't recolour, a LVL3/4 Empower will do but is not cost-effective.

3) Get your APS to 6 or 12 with Charges and Onslaught OR drop them if you can't pull it off.

I'm all for customizing a build and making it your own, but it's best to be more familiar with the setup first before making any drastic changes.
noot noot
thank you for sharing the great build.

One question:
whats the purpose of the vaal ice nova? when do I have to trigger it manually?

I want to make a better place for you and for me.
"
Wing_V wrote:
thank you for sharing the great build.
One question:
whats the purpose of the vaal ice nova? when do I have to trigger it manually?

Manually pop it for Legion Monoliths.
noot noot
Spoiler
"
Ralign wrote:
"
Santa_Desert wrote:

Well, you've picked up the Yoke of Suffering, and that's more or less where your setup departs from anything I've written in the guide.

You're not running a Soul Tether/Glorious Vanity which is where most of the defenses of this version comes from. Pair that with the fact you're running MoM and Unnatural Instinct but haven't finished picking up the Scion Life Wheel and I think you can figure out why you're so squishy.

You're also using Arc and Fortify in your chest instead of Ice Nova, which is where 60-70% of your overall DPS comes from.

Your attack speed is also definitely not synced up with the Trigger Cooldown for any of your CoC spells. You're running Frenzy Generation with Ice Bite and Onslaught with Herald of Ice but haven't accounted for that increase in attack speed which could be up to halving your damage.

In summary:
1) Choose whether you want Glorious Vanity/Soul Tether or only Life, and reallocate your points accordingly. If you want Life, fill out the Scion Wheel and put less priority on Melding/Written in Blood.

2) Swap your chest link for Ice Nova and one more DMG support. If you can't recolour, a LVL3/4 Empower will do but is not cost-effective.

3) Get your APS to 6 or 12 with Charges and Onslaught OR drop them if you can't pull it off.

I'm all for customizing a build and making it your own, but it's best to be more familiar with the setup first before making any drastic changes.

Okay,
I changed the tree and gems like you said. Questions again.

1. With my cospri I have aps 7.21 (if I buy a cospri 8%, it will be 6.85). I do not know how to do exactly 6, because we need 6 aps, right?

Btw I did not buy/craft boots with cdr.

2. In the build, we take a +1 frenzy charge. How do we generate them?

Btw I found how we generate charges. ring. Okay. With 4 charges with a cospri 8% - I have aps of 7.68 and with my cospri 8.08...With boots we need 7.5aps ridght? So 7.68 its bad for me?

Upd. I crafted boots with cdr, crafted ring with poacher's mark and buy cospri with 8% as. And i buy belt soul thether and atziri's acuity. So,now with 4 frenzy charges i have 7.25 aps. Its good? With cdr boots
Ютуб - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNjTcO-6nu13SrLJ8HuokgA
Твич - https://www.twitch.tv/santadesert
Last edited by Santa_Desert on Jul 1, 2019, 10:03:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info