[3.7] Tidebreaker Slayer Flicker Strike | League start viable | Stunlocks | Updated with some videos

I have a question. Path of building says that you use berserk, but how do You generate rage?
The rage support gem in your weapon with flicker strike
I'm pushing through, but it's a bit of a slog in the early levels. I almost gave up upon reaching level 18 and trying your setup (which really had no sustain in terms of frenzy charges despite your optimism).

Fortunately I was at 24 when having decided to go check a Cyclone build and stumbled on another thread a few posts under yours where they advise Lakishu's Blade, level 28 unique sword with multistrike. I slogged to 28, picked it up, and yeah, *now* it works. Went up another two levels, picked the Thief's Lament ring to eliminate my HP and HP problems and it's much smoother.

It's still clunky though, it's my first Flicker Strike build ever, since I never wanted to invest to reaching level 68 to *start* the build.

Stunned usually means death, going out of charges happens with depressing regularity against a single boss and usually means death since I'm not leeching.

Now I know more levels will mitigate this. The ascendency will stop me getting stunned while I'm leeching and the overleech will be healing me if I run out of charges and I'm caught flatfooted needing to use Frenzy for a couple of seconds to recharge to full.

I have reached 38 and switched to your advised Hymn weapon and mobs are starting to get stunned (not yet bosses, of course, but I can see it is working as advertized).
"
CedricDur wrote:
I'm pushing through, but it's a bit of a slog in the early levels. I almost gave up upon reaching level 18 and trying your setup (which really had no sustain in terms of frenzy charges despite your optimism).

Fortunately I was at 24 when having decided to go check a Cyclone build and stumbled on another thread a few posts under yours where they advise Lakishu's Blade, level 28 unique sword with multistrike. I slogged to 28, picked it up, and yeah, *now* it works. Went up another two levels, picked the Thief's Lament ring to eliminate my HP and HP problems and it's much smoother.

It's still clunky though, it's my first Flicker Strike build ever, since I never wanted to invest to reaching level 68 to *start* the build.

Stunned usually means death, going out of charges happens with depressing regularity against a single boss and usually means death since I'm not leeching.

Now I know more levels will mitigate this. The ascendency will stop me getting stunned while I'm leeching and the overleech will be healing me if I run out of charges and I'm caught flatfooted needing to use Frenzy for a couple of seconds to recharge to full.

I have reached 38 and switched to your advised Hymn weapon and mobs are starting to get stunned (not yet bosses, of course, but I can see it is working as advertized).

Yeah just keep pushing through, it started to feel good after lvl 38 (I was using a Cleave build before that).
What gems would you say are best in slot for this build?
"
CedricDur wrote:

So in attempt to answer all of you comments/questions:

I looked through and you only have 1 character on your account thats a duelist, so you either deleted it or completely respec'd your tree and switched gear. Was going to check out what you were using to offer some advice.

"
CedricDur wrote:
I'm pushing through, but it's a bit of a slog in the early levels. I almost gave up upon reaching level 18 and trying your setup (which really had no sustain in terms of frenzy charges despite your optimism).[\quote]

Early game flicker has always had issues, until you hit lvl 38 and can use multistrike. This is nothing different than it has ever been before, but you HAVE to use some combination of blood rage or blasphemy/poachers mark for sustain through maps. It will honestly never have sustain on single target unless you go with an oros/terminus/red trail setup. This league is a little different and it "might" be able to sustain long-term on single target with either the new legion jewels or a farrul's due to the changes with the flicker gem itself. It is completely fine while mapping/clearing normal content though as soon as you use blood rage with it.

"
CedricDur wrote:

Why 68? Prior to legion you could start to use it easily at lvl 38 with multistrike and blasphemy/poachers mark. Then at 51 drop one of those two when you can use terminus or wait til 67 for oro's. Either way though the build really "starts" at lvl 38.

"
CedricDur wrote:

Why would you not be leeching? If you are hitting something you should be leeching. I get the running out of frenzy charges single target because that will always happen until late game, but you should always be leeching even at lower levels. (not talking about the leech effect at full life from ascendancy)

"
CedricDur wrote:

The ascendancy is really nice and completely changes the feel of the build. It makes you pretty much unkillable unless you get oneshot, immune to bleed, and immune to stun. Just takes a bit to get to that point.

"
CedricDur wrote:

I checked you're profile and you only have one slayer on your entire account and its only level 37, so I'm not sure if you deleted it already or if you are playing it on another account, but once you get a little more invested into the crit multi and the reduced stun threshold nodes, you will really start to notice a difference.
"

Skill gems for the 6 link for flicker setup? Or just everything in general.

It depends on what you are doing as well. I change my flicker links out quite often.

If you look at my character on my profile right now, everything is pretty much what it will be normally with the exception of 2 things.

The totem setup in my armor, and the flicker setup in my weapon.

Flicker for mapping would be

Flicker - Multistrike - Melee splash - Rage support - Melee phys support- either Ruthless/Shockwave/or Fortify as your 6th

for single target

Flicker - Multistrike - Rage support - Melee phys - Fortify - Ruthless

my totem setup currently is only like that because of the armor I'm using at the moment. What it says in the guide will be what I will actually be using normally.
"
RisingWater wrote:
"

Skill gems for the 6 link for flicker setup? Or just everything in general.

It depends on what you are doing as well. I change my flicker links out quite often.

If you look at my character on my profile right now, everything is pretty much what it will be normally with the exception of 2 things.

The totem setup in my armor, and the flicker setup in my weapon.

Flicker for mapping would be

Flicker - Multistrike - Melee splash - Rage support - Melee phys support- either Ruthless/Shockwave/or Fortify as your 6th

for single target

Flicker - Multistrike - Rage support - Melee phys - Fortify - Ruthless

my totem setup currently is only like that because of the armor I'm using at the moment. What it says in the guide will be what I will actually be using normally.

Oh man I completely derped, I meant what jewels would be best for the sockets. I bought the unique one (damage reduction based on nearby strength nodes).

Also, is the POB linked at the top up to date? idk how you're getting 6 frenzy charges (as per the "calculations" tab on POB) when you don't pick up all of the max frenzy charge nodes on that tree. Also, the leveling trees have nodes that the final tree at the top of the build doesn't, such as Spinecruncher. I'm assuming you remove those nodes in favor of other ones, just wanted to make sure.

My character "JeebJob" has my current items and stuff
Last edited by XxNoScopeWeed420xX on Jul 1, 2019, 6:56:46 PM
"

Oh man I completely derped, I meant what jewels would be best for the sockets. I bought the unique one (damage reduction based on nearby strength nodes).

Also, is the POB linked at the top up to date? idk how you're getting 6 frenzy charges (as per the "calculations" tab on POB) when you don't pick up all of the max frenzy charge nodes on that tree. Also, the leveling trees have nodes that the final tree at the top of the build doesn't, such as Spinecruncher. I'm assuming you remove those nodes in favor of other ones, just wanted to make sure.

My character "JeebJob" has my current items and stuff

I'm not really sure why your POB says 6. Theres only 4 and I loaded mine up to double check and mine says 4 also.

As for the jewels, try to find crit multi and life jewels. They are somewhat expensive, so I ended up finding a mix of crit multi, life, and attack speed.

As for the final tree, I'm still experimenting and moving stuff around nightly lol. Nothing is really set in stone yet, but what I have the pastebin's for is about 90% of what stays. I'm getting to the point that I think I've found what is working best though. I would just stick to the final tree if you want to and skip over the leveling tree's if you don't feel like respeccing points here and there.
Posted some new clips in the original post from tonight, finally picked up some new goodies.

Need to work on 6 linking it next though lol

All of the guardians down now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info