[3.7] Tidebreaker Slayer Flicker Strike | League start viable | Stunlocks | Updated with some videos

I decided to remove the minimum endurance charge wheel from my tree and get teh hematophagy instead. I really liked the area of effect cause it made my flicker huge when up on endurance charges but not getting the life regen benefit cause of vaal pact i decided to drop it.
"
fullmetalross wrote:
I decided to remove the minimum endurance charge wheel from my tree and get teh hematophagy instead. I really liked the area of effect cause it made my flicker huge when up on endurance charges but not getting the life regen benefit cause of vaal pact i decided to drop it.

Finally had time to check out the pastebin you linked. With the exact same gear I'm wearing now its got about 100 less hp, 200k less dmg, a lot lower on the resists, and about 30% less phys dmg reduction.

The immediate things I'm noticing:

You dropped Soul of Steel which is incredibly good.

Pathing up to devotion takes 5 points, to only gain 14% hp. For the same 5 points you could take the armor/hp nodes to the right of Warriors Blood and the one point in the dualist starting area with hp/armor/evasion and for the same amount of points get 21% hp, 36% armor, and 6% evasion. Vs. the 50 str, and 14% hp, and 3% aura effect.

Not only do we get a bunch of benefit from the dmg reduction of armor, but it also makes our Molten Shell incredibly good.

As for Hematophagy, I've been wanting to find a way to work that into the build but it costs so many points to path down there that it isn't worth it. I ended up just going with Lust for Carnage and will get the %dmg while leeching enchant on my gloves.

I ended up going with Steadfast instead of Rampart. I feel like both are good choices, Rampart is more dmg but Steadfast gives more Fortify effect. The reason I went with Steadfast was because it was closer and I didn't have to path to it. 3 points invested vs 6 points.

This is what my tree looks like currently:

https://pastebin.com/Htz58PE9

Cool thanks! Ill try and move those thst travel up to aura effect to just straight life probably a good plan. I love the mixed benefits of rampart and plan to try and grab a fortify effect helm at done poiny as well and maybe go for the +1 endurance charge boots instead of my current ones. Have you thought about dropping rage and berserk for impale and dread banner? May not have the points to make it work out but i thought thatd be interesting as well so was wondering if you had tried it?

I wonder why yours was 200k more damage that was way off from when I tried the same thing, ill have look again!

This is what i get for posting while mobile, I forgot the other thing i was going for was another Endurance charge, I didn't really do the math whether it was better no tho, stacking endurance charges just feels right lol.
Last edited by fullmetalross on Jul 10, 2019, 8:25:19 PM
"
fullmetalross wrote:
Cool thanks! Ill try and move those thst travel up to aura effect to just straight life probably a good plan. I love the mixed benefits of rampart and plan to try and grab a fortify effect helm at done poiny as well and maybe go for the +1 endurance charge boots instead of my current ones. Have you thought about dropping rage and berserk for impale and dread banner? May not have the points to make it work out but i thought thatd be interesting as well so was wondering if you had tried it?

I wonder why yours was 200k more damage that was way off from when I tried the same thing, ill have look again!

This is what i get for posting while mobile, I forgot the other thing i was going for was another Endurance charge, I didn't really do the math whether it was better no tho, stacking endurance charges just feels right lol.

I'm going to try to get some +1 endurance corrupted boots at some point as well.

I'm currently using rage, berserk, and dread banner though! Having all of it melts bosses
Small update:

All the guardians down

Shaper down

Elder guardians down

Done red elder 3 times now, can't seem to not kill the shaper on accident lol

The fight is easy, but I do so much damage that I flicker to the shaper in the last phase and kill him accidentally.

Updates to gear:

Got a new watcher's eye with attack speed/precision and impale chance/pride.

Flicker enchant for the helm

Crafted damage while leeching on gloves and amulet

New timeless jewel that gives 20%reduced stun threshold, 40% armour, 4% max life, and 10% fortify effect.

I swapped from overwhelm back to bane of legends, dropped skullcracking since I have the 20% culling instead of the 10%, then used the extra 4 points to go into impale nodes.

I'm for the most part having absolutely no problems with any content, was farming t16 monoliths most of the weekend and clearing about 90% every time.

With all of the armour now, vaal molten shell gives me about a 12,000 damage bubble for 14 seconds. 90% phys damage reduction, 76/77 to all resists,and fortify which has about 50% or so increased effect.

My only problems currently and what I'll be working towards are 2 things.

Chaos resistance is a bit of an issue. Im sitting at about 7% with flasks up. I'd like to get that a bit higher somehow without sacrificing too much elsewhere.

Assassin's mark was previously for the power charges, but now with farruls I'd like to look into other options for curses. Possibly vulnerability on hit gloves corruption.

I'm also going to keep an eye out on good corrupted boots with +1 max endurance charges

I'll be on tonight if anyone wants to chat or swing by the stream. I'm about halfway to 95 currently. Going to try to hit it tonight or get close so I can get on poe ninja
I've been following this thread / build and really enjoying it. Thanks for all the work you're putting in! Do you think going impale route (Dread banner, impale support gem, passive node) will be vastly superior to a version running no impale and herald of fire? I switched from HOF to impale and of course better single target dmg, but I do miss the herald explosions / mtx effects while flicikering
"
Pathogenics wrote:
I've been following this thread / build and really enjoying it. Thanks for all the work you're putting in! Do you think going impale route (Dread banner, impale support gem, passive node) will be vastly superior to a version running no impale and herald of fire? I switched from HOF to impale and of course better single target dmg, but I do miss the herald explosions / mtx effects while flicikering

I dropped Herald of Ash long before I ever went to impale. Its actually more damage to level up Precision completely and Pride, instead of a Pride, Herald, and rank 1 Precision.

I do say I miss the herald mtx effects though.

I'm not using the Impale gem though. Just the passive nodes, Dread Banner, and a 25% impale chance Watchers Eye.

Total 75% chance to impale on hit, and its exponentially more damage than Herald ever was.

For reference, here's a Minotaur kill from last night. T16 maze of the minotaur, 130%+ quant 8 mod corrupted map, with sextants. Sub 5 seconds to death.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DependableBetterHawkBCWarrior

The totems do enough damage that they can kill guardians in about 3 or 4 seconds as well even without flicker. Heres another one from last night where I jumped away from Phoenix while he was doing his little explosion thingy, and he had about 2/3 of his HP left. The totems ended up killing him in about 2 seconds.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PrettiestEnthusiasticMelonFailFish

I'd really like to be able to use Heralds just for the mtx effects, but we just don't have room for any more gems, or room for another reservation.
Thanks for the feedback! Could you post your current pob? I'd like to continue following in your footsteps :) Fun build!
"
Pathogenics wrote:
Thanks for the feedback! Could you post your current pob? I'd like to continue following in your footsteps :) Fun build!

https://pastebin.com/yynLJAYV

Here is the timeless jewel I'm using that won't show up in PoB

40% armour
20% reduced stun
10% fortify
4% life
Thanks for the guide. I'm only at lvl 45 right now, but it plays very smooth so far.

I noticed you can save a passiv point and gain a little more damage and life if you alocate wisdom of the glades and route through a strength-node instead of those dexterity and intelligence nodes while having even more intelligence to support a higher concentrated effect on Vaal Ancestral Warchief:

https://pastebin.com/jszdRHTi

Any drawback I missed?

Edit:
Since I am playing SSF and don't have access to 6links, which support-gems would you drop in the flickerstrike and totem setup?

Edit2:

I don't know how much you are in need of the over max. resistances. You could opt for some higher damage and attackspeed when sacrificing the overcapped resistances.
Again, since I didn't play endgame content yet, I don't know how much we need those.

https://pastebin.com/HU58ksWT

Edit3: We are missing 2 dexterity on the 2nd pastebin, so nvm :)
Last edited by Firnblut on Jul 19, 2019, 9:28:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info