[3.7] Tidebreaker Slayer Flicker Strike | League start viable | Stunlocks | Updated with some videos

This is great. I've been playing 2h Flicker and Stun builds for a long time and I'm happy to see someone else put this together :)

I've been playing pretty much the same build this league, but haven't had as much time to play.

Personally, I'm wondering about the value of crit vs more mace and life nodes, and going RT + Bane of Legends.

Have you made that comparison?
IGN: Frazetta
"
Sicyo wrote:
This is great. I've been playing 2h Flicker and Stun builds for a long time and I'm happy to see someone else put this together :)

I've been playing pretty much the same build this league, but haven't had as much time to play.

Personally, I'm wondering about the value of crit vs more mace and life nodes, and going RT + Bane of Legends.

Have you made that comparison?

I've looked at RT a few times while messing with the tree, but nothing ever seriously.

This is the 8th flicker build I've played and I believe all of the slayer variants took bane of legends, and I've tried it out on this build as well.

The problem I've noticed in response to your 2 questions is this:

1) losing crit is such a huge part of your damage, that (I could be wrong without actually looking at the numbers on path of building) I'm not sure that there is enough that you gain from other nearby nodes to make up for the damage loss AND the incredibly lower amount of stuns that you inflict.

The few times I've tried dropping Overwhelm for Bane of legends, it was a noticeable difference in the amount of stuns, due to the lower avg. hits. I can easily keep track of the stuns because I use my belt(perseverance) to proc fortify/onslaught by the stuns I inflict.

2) there really arent mant more life nodes to get in the bottom/left side of the tree. I've gotten pretty much every single one I can. So dropping crit in favor of more life nodes probably isn't a good game plan because there really aren't many more life nodes to even get, without pathing somewhere further away.

That said, there might be something to be said about the damage aspect of this focus, but without actually messing around with PoB I don't want to just make numbers up without any proof.

I like the idea though and I'll probably play around with it in PoB in a day or so and I'll let you know what I come up with
Hi, cool build...

Noob question here, what is it that makes the build stun, and how do I get a bigger stun chance, I do not stun every time like u do, and wonder why :-D

and is there somewhere I can see my stun chance ?
"
Morsing86 wrote:
Hi, cool build...

Noob question here, what is it that makes the build stun, and how do I get a bigger stun chance, I do not stun every time like u do, and wonder why :-D

u have it from stun mastery,spinecruncher, skullcracking + small nodes around

u can see your stun threshold in character on flikerstrike

This looks like a really cool build idea but I wonder how well does it do against current league mechanic and if the OP (or anybody else for that matter) tried emblem fights with it? Any 4-5 way runs?
"
Morsing86 wrote:
Hi, cool build...

Nothing wrong with asking questions!

On a really basic level, if you hit a monster for over a certain percentage of its total health, it will be stunned.

You can reduce this number by skills/items/passives that have the modifer "reduced stun threshold" on it.

For a more in depth explanation of the mechanic, heres the wiki page.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Stun

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions!

Edit: to answer your original question, what makes THIS build stun. There are a ton of ways that the build gets % reduced stun threshold, but also:

As a way to balance weapon types, the standard formula is "a fast weapon hits more often, but for less damage. A slow weapon hits less often, but for a higher amount"

That inherent design in slow attack speed weapons lends itself to slow 2 handed maces having very high single hit damage which leads to stunning monsters more often

Edit edit: to answer the last question lol

There isn't a way to see your stun chance because what determines if you stun or not varies depending on two things:

How hard you hit a monster for, and how much its total life is. Those two things vary from monster to monster so there is no set "chance to stun"

You can however see in your character sheet how much "% reduced stun threshold you have"
Last edited by RisingWater on Jun 26, 2019, 9:59:53 PM
"
Veerian wrote:
This looks like a really cool build idea but I wonder how well does it do against current league mechanic and if the OP (or anybody else for that matter) tried emblem fights with it? Any 4-5 way runs?

I haven't done any 5 ways yet, but I've done 4x 4 way fights and its actually very easy. The sheer amount of monsters means you always have your flasks and charges up, and souls for vaal skills.

The 4 way fights are actually easier than some of the legion fights in a high rolled t16 when you unlock a majority of the enemies from a monolith and have to fight a bunch of rares at once
"
"
Veerian wrote:

I haven't done any 5 ways yet, but I've done 4x 4 way fights and its actually very easy. The sheer amount of monsters means you always have your flasks and charges up, and souls for vaal skills.

The 4 way fights are actually easier than some of the legion fights in a high rolled t16 when you unlock a majority of the enemies from a monolith and have to fight a bunch of rares at once

Thanks for answering, that sounds really promising indeed, might respec my abandoned cyclone guy for this, looks like fun :)
Yo, I've never used Flicker Strike before and this build seemed kinda funny so I went ahead with it as I had some spare exalts. I'm still selling up some stuff so my build isn't fully completed and I need to balance some resistances, get proper rare jewels and find a way to craft aspect of the cat.

Did a few maps and it was pretty fun, but I'm not sure how you can sustain your mana and if I am missing something. My Precision is at level 8 and i have 71 unreserved mana left, while Flicker Strike costs 55 mana. In your PoB Precision is level 21 and you are at -33 mana. I guess we don't have to level it up to the maximum, but my accuracy is pretty low without it.

Do I drop Precision and search for accuracy somewhere else?
Do I drop Arctic Armour as I have Farrul and it takes up 25% mana?
Do i link all 3 auras with Enlighten?

I guess the third option will be best, but maybe there's a better solution.
What's the sweet spot for unreserved mana? I have some leech from tree too.

Other than that the build is very interesting.
Only use arctic armour if you are using a perfect form since it's free. If you're using a farruls,drop it.

Ive got like 140 something mana atm on my character. I just put the gems in pastebin so there would be a reference.

My b, should have clarified

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info