Its not about gameplay.

I stop reading after this.
"
KiadawP wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
Its not about gameplay.

I stop reading after this.

Good, mr random person, because it wasnt directed to you. Reading is hard, I can understand you want to limit it to the minimum.
To be fair DIablo 3 does have a harder gameplay. More skills to take care of and harder content thanks to Greater Rifts. If Delve was more free to enter maybe PoE could have compared on the second count.

Agreed about the building complexity, D3 and its sets are making it an action game, not an ARPG.
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
Let's be honest. There simply hasn't been an arpg good enough to top PoE's constant release of content. It's clear the community is getting fed up with half arsed content being released just to be released. I haven't been bored with a league this soon since I started playing this game. If Diablo 4 were released tomorrow, the PoE playerbase would flock.

Hard to say, community says they are fed up, same way a crack addict says they are fed up. Fed up for like 2 hours then it's back to getting high again. Even when people say they "barely play" or whatever I'm sure they still login for a couple hours a day.

nup. my playtime is getting less every league. didn't even start the current league till a week after it launched and that was only coz friends of mine were playing. the three of us played for a week after that and then all went off to play Conan exiles and then elder scrolls. haven't been on since.

been thinking of logging on one last time this league just to give my currency to a friend who is still playing.
A couple pages back someone made decent long post about D3 and the challenge it used to maintain their interest.

I counter this entire post with one comment - Grift fishing. You need a certain layout and mob types to maximize your Grift potential.

This issue alone is almost enough to equate D3 with all the bullshit endgame bottlenecks that PoE has introduced.

One person's garbage is another person's whatever and all that though.

I find D3 horrendously boring. There may be limits to what builds can do endgame content in PoE, but the "builds" in D3 are too limited and set gear dependent for me. I want to like it, I cannot.

REMASTERED D2 for life. I continue to daydream of this regularly.
"
Aynix wrote:
Its not about gameplay. Its about items and builds.
Lets see how is it looking in Diablo 3:
Ok, so I want to use X skill. I have literally the only one option, Y class, because otherwise it will be dogshit. What about items? Guess what, ONE option as well, fucking unique/ancient set, otherwise your dmg will be dogshit as well!
Such variety, much wow.

HAHA, guess what? I feel this way for everything that is NOT meta in POE. :) Meta=go all white items and tabula max, you will be just fine! Off-meta=ooh, buddy, you need A,B,C,D,E uniques items to make it work or farm a Mirror to afford to play this skill and even then not 100% sure you can do everything or give up all the timer-based stuff for extra loor and exp that ggg adds. I look at poe.wiki/skills and just scratch skill after skills because A) its not their meta league B) i do not want to play them as totemer/miner/trapper C) they are f%%%% dead or just auras. :)

If you wanna argue i can give you an example: i wanted to play Mjolner Discharger...Mjolner by itself got STR/INT needs that can be annoying for more than half characters, skill itself needs specific passives to work and on top of that you probably need to use x,y,z keystones for damage buff while also use a,b,c,d,e uniques to also make it work well... The only plan B is CoC Discharge if its even good and maybe more expensive, but i hate crits for few reasons/ya, weirdo/. So...now i prefer to wait 3.7 channeling Cyclone to maybe have fun with this skill. :)Well, there are 2 choices atm, but do we call that a diversity? Add the fact that IF by any crazy reason there is a 3rd way, it will be nerfed actively or passively pretty soon based on how good its working so you are kinda limited to play exact builds for exact time ggg allows you where if you are damn hyped for another skill or busy to play you miss your chance for next year or more time. :)
I havent played Diablo at all, i like PoE enough to want to play it often and even support it but i find it pathethic and sad that ggg do not put some efford for something more than MTXs to make the game really great and do not wait every 3rd month to take our money for couple weeks and then kill the fun and 2nd time kill the fun for the core game later.

PS: maybe i should check forum/builds more often to check if i miss something but this whole league i feel that i wrote above and im not happy enough because i choosed PoE and prefer to play it few more years+.
Slow down for a minute to enjoy the beauty around us.
I would play both
The answer to this silly thread is this.

Blizzard vs GGG ?

Blizzard is a sinking ship. GGG is in their prime.

/thread

"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"

Blizzard vs GGG ?

/thread

Lmao by what measure?

Sales by title? Users? Revenue?

GGG has one fucking game. Give me a break.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"

Blizzard vs GGG ?

/thread

Lmao by what measure?

Sales by title? Users? Revenue?

GGG has one fucking game. Give me a break.

Having 100 garbage game out there doesnt make you a good company.

Having 1 good game and yet still improving is a truly grreat achievement in today’s gaming market. You need to be honest about that.

Literally i find only two games i enjoy playing every day. POE and starcraft. I would put POE up there in the hall of fame.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info