Diablo 4 Would Kill Path of Exile

"
GrandTickler wrote:
hahaha! as if blizzard know wtf they are doing. they aint got no gamers working there no more


No better than GGG's ''1000h testers'' as well as their new model based on Shitesys.

No worries though, next league will be even more broken which will make Synthesis look great in comparison.
"
andreicde wrote:
"
GrandTickler wrote:
hahaha! as if blizzard know wtf they are doing. they aint got no gamers working there no more


No better than GGG's ''1000h testers'' as well as their new model based on Shitesys.

No worries though, next league will be even more broken which will make Synthesis look great in comparison.


i'm sure they will deliver, this game always had its ups and downs.
"
wierdzodi wrote:
"
Destructodave wrote:
So where did it fail? Just because not as many people are still grinding on 5 year old content in 2019? Is that your revisionist history?

Ok time for the obvious:

It simply failed to deliver a proper sequel to Diablo 1 & Diablo 2.

Most critically in general atmosphere(immature, cartoon gfx, laughable narrative although reaper expansion was better story-wise). Followed by simplified/dumbed down gameplay, let's not even mention the poor itemization(from an ARPG perspective, which i believe it was supposed to be).

Stuff like, poor social interaction(D2 bnet miles better, pvp , trade, lobby) is just icing on the cake.

If rumours are to be trusted, Blizzard is fully aware of the atmosphere part at least, perhaps the single reason why the second D3 expansion was cancelled? They decided to start over with a fresh more worthy ''sequel''?

Only time will tell.



These are still your personal opinions. Which has been my point in this thread. Every single actual measurable metric shows D3, and RoS, a success.

Actual facts and statistics hold up better than "WoW fanboys" and whatever you dont like about a game. I loathed Monster Hunter World. I hate that game. But I know its a success and a lot of people like it. For whatever reason, the people here, they hate D3 for their own personal reasons but make shit up like that guy I quoted saying only 1 million sales when a google search shows he was just 100% full of it. Its like people need validation that it was a failure to validate their own opinions. Its crazy. Like, if D3 wasn't a failure they dont know what to do with their lives. So they seek justification or something. I dont get it. I've never been a tribal gamer. I dont care how much I hate EA, if they release a game I like I'll buy it and play it.

About the Xpac? If I had to guess, it moved to mobile. Mobile game is set in the D3 universe, with the same heroes, and 5 years into the future. And there is simply more money in that than a 2nd expansion for a Niche PC market. And make no mistake, the Arpg genre, especially the top down D2-style, is a niche market. Its like Arena FPS games. I grew up on Quake, Unreal, etc. Those games are niche. FPS in general is not, but the 1on1 Arena FPS game, is. And thats what PoE/D2 style Arpgs are. Honestly, how many people playing these games aren't D2 veterans? The Looter shooter is becoming more popular, and every game is starting to have loot in them.

But yea, I think the mobile game is the expansion in some form. It will make way more money than any 2nd expansion would have.

Them cancelling the Xpac was 100% money based, and I personally think because the mobile idea starting floating around instead of people thinking its because D3 sucked. You guys do realize you are a handful of people on a competing game forum. There is no telling how many millions preferred D3's gameplay to PoE, yet you want to say it was a failure. Just because PoE, which releases new content because of its model, potentially has more players now, isn't justification, either. D3 is 5 year old content. PoE better have more players.
Last edited by Destructodave on Apr 15, 2019, 6:40:32 PM
"
Destructodave wrote:

These are still your personal opinions. Which has been my point in this thread. Every single actual measurable metric shows D3, and RoS, a success.


Every single you say? How about we take "player satisfaction" that can also be measured?
Stop whiteknighting Diablo 3, there are millions of players that bought it - yes, you are right. There are also millions of people who bought it, played it and soon left it calling it garbage.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Destructodave wrote:

These are still your personal opinions. Which has been my point in this thread. Every single actual measurable metric shows D3, and RoS, a success.


Every single you say? How about we take "player satisfaction" that can also be measured?
Stop whiteknighting Diablo 3, there are millions of players that bought it - yes, you are right. There are also millions of people who bought it, played it and soon left it calling it garbage.


And there are millions that bought it, liked it, and kept playing. Seriously guy, why do you think you somehow know how many people liked D3? Please tell me.

You have absolutely no proof but personal conjecture. None.

Again, where is your proof on player satisfaction? I'm waiting. What? The PoE forum or whatever corner of the web you can find some angry gamers? Thats your proof? Hell, if thats proof, can say the majority of people playing PoE right now hate it, because all people do is complain.

Me stop whiteknighting? How about you stop hating and making shit up 24/7 like you guys like to do, and then pass off as fact. You keep spouting off your opinions as some kind of gospel and the only proof you have is a handful of haters on a PoE forum, and the truth is, there may STILL be more people playing D3 than PoE for all you know.

You have no real proof of this massive hate train. The numbers say otherwise. The fact RoS and D3 sold another 10 million copies over the course of the year AFTER RoS was released shows that people continued to buy that game. But please, show me some proof that the majority of people who played D3 hated it. You can't. You literally can't. All you have is your own personal hatred of the game which you continue to pass off as not only fact, but the majority view of the game.

I get it. You hated D3. But do yourself a favor and stop making shit up just to justify your PoE fandom.

You can call it whiteknighting all you want I dont care. I'm counterbalancing this irrational hate-train you and a few other posters have towards D3. Yes, I liked both games. I play PoE, I play D3. I like aspects of both. So liking D3 on a PoE forum makes me a whiteknight, even though I've been here, well, forever. Just this failure notion blows my mind, how you guys can just make such a rediculous statement when there is no proof anywhere except your own hatred of the game. And you say its garbage. So if I say D3 isn't garbage, your opinion holds more weight than mine? Your opinion is factually based, mine isn't?

I mean, if I was to say, PoE is a failure. What would you do? You would point to twitch, you would point to steam graphs, you would point to whatever google brought up to show accounts made, money made, etc. To prove PoE wasn't a failure.

And then I said, "well yea but people on X forum hate that game." That's the equivalent of you arguing to me about D3 being a success or not.
Last edited by Destructodave on Apr 16, 2019, 4:41:32 AM
Maybe if Blizzard still made good ARPG's, but then don't so many of those who pick PoE for the qualities it has, will not jump ship for something like that. Might try it, but yea.. gonna be a while till we see another good arpg - far as a i know only 2-3 contenders coming up and who knows how they will succeed.

That said, i've been saying for over 5 years in regards to GGG's neglect and blind stubbornness and lack of insight to players' actual experiences that if a game that did things right come along people would be quick to forget about poe.

But it hasn't, poe has coasted along on a mix of great characterization, perfect timing(D3 flop abandon ship), lack of any competition to allow them to gather funds to grow into a juggernaut that is harder to compete with. It has had perfect conditions and no other serious attempt at an ARPG has been done in all these years.

Over the years i've tried to appeal to their pride, to hope they would step up their game. Trying to tell them that since they remain so woefully ignorant of making a great experience-focused game and not paper statistics, i can't count it as a perfect game and i'm still looking for a great ARPG to take over the mantle from D2. But little do they care, they probably just take it as an insult rather than me trying to show them, dudes, you got a lot to learn still step up your game/self-criticism and your game could be master.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.

No Flashy Item Filter: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1317366
Last edited by Crackmonster on Apr 16, 2019, 5:00:29 AM
If POE was what diablo 3shoulda been, grim dawn seems to be what diablo 4 coulda been.

Been completely lost in that game since I discovered it, and unlike the others I found the story very engaging.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Maybe if Blizzard still made good ARPG's, but then don't so many of those who pick PoE for the qualities it has, will not jump ship for something like that. Might try it, but yea.. gonna be a while till we see another good arpg - far as a i know only 2-3 contenders coming up and who knows how they will succeed.

That said, i've been saying for over 5 years in regards to GGG's neglect and blind stubbornness and lack of insight to players' actual experiences that if a game that did things right come along people would be quick to forget about poe.

But it hasn't, poe has coasted along on a mix of great characterization, perfect timing(D3 flop abandon ship), lack of any competition to allow them to gather funds to grow into a juggernaut that is harder to compete with. It has had perfect conditions and no other serious attempt at an ARPG has been done in all these years.


PoE's biggest strength is pushing out current content. Its the reason I'm still hanging around playing PoE after all these years and showing up for every new league instead of playing something like D3, where I do think the actual gameplay is just better. But, its gameplay that was fresh 5 years ago. You can only squeeze so much out of something like that. I'm pretty sure back then, when RoS was fresh(and D3, people have revisionist history), tons of people played it. It used to have a ton of twitch viewership, too. But again, its 5 year old content that hasn't updated at all. Only the most hardcore fans can keep grinding out old content like that. If PoE wasn't releasing something new all the time it would have fell by the wayside, too.

Also, none of the new Arpgs that drop have the online aspect that PoE has, which is why I never put stock into things like Grim Dawn. People like the leagues, the online aspect, the multiplayer of it all, even if you are just solo grinding maps all day or even playing SSF.
"
Gamercop wrote:
Let's be honest. There simply hasn't been an arpg good enough to top PoE's constant release of content. It's clear the community is getting fed up with half arsed content being released just to be released. I haven't been bored with a league this soon since I started playing this game. If Diablo 4 were released tomorrow, the PoE playerbase would flock.


Is this an out of season April Fools joke?
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Destructodave wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Maybe if Blizzard still made good ARPG's, but then don't so many of those who pick PoE for the qualities it has, will not jump ship for something like that. Might try it, but yea.. gonna be a while till we see another good arpg - far as a i know only 2-3 contenders coming up and who knows how they will succeed.

That said, i've been saying for over 5 years in regards to GGG's neglect and blind stubbornness and lack of insight to players' actual experiences that if a game that did things right come along people would be quick to forget about poe.

But it hasn't, poe has coasted along on a mix of great characterization, perfect timing(D3 flop abandon ship), lack of any competition to allow them to gather funds to grow into a juggernaut that is harder to compete with. It has had perfect conditions and no other serious attempt at an ARPG has been done in all these years.


PoE's biggest strength is pushing out current content. Its the reason I'm still hanging around playing PoE after all these years and showing up for every new league instead of playing something like D3, where I do think the actual gameplay is just better. But, its gameplay that was fresh 5 years ago. You can only squeeze so much out of something like that. I'm pretty sure back then, when RoS was fresh(and D3, people have revisionist history), tons of people played it. It used to have a ton of twitch viewership, too. But again, its 5 year old content that hasn't updated at all. Only the most hardcore fans can keep grinding out old content like that. If PoE wasn't releasing something new all the time it would have fell by the wayside, too.

Also, none of the new Arpgs that drop have the online aspect that PoE has, which is why I never put stock into things like Grim Dawn. People like the leagues, the online aspect, the multiplayer of it all, even if you are just solo grinding maps all day or even playing SSF.


No offense mate, but your logic is like this. "McD is the most popular erm.. "restaurant" in the world - therefore it is also the best".

I don't understand why masses are as braindead as they are, but me, personally, i don't get fulfilled on D3. I am just too intelligent to let myself fool like that, and on top of that comes emotional history that makes it look like a god damn tragegy what happened to D3 - where some newer generations might not have that and just be like wow this is a pretty fun game i never tried this type of game before.

I saw your post above, and i just want to tell you that you are not right about our false assumptions in regards to D3. I didn't say D3 sucks balls, but it's certainly not me for and it's not cherry picking statistics. I try every expansion, came back for multiple ladders. Man i know so many people that love ARPG's so bad, people that are not picky at all if the damn thing just had a glimmer of hope in there they would staying but it's just so far from a good ARPG of the actualy diablo type games that it's beyond safe to say it sucks. I think we all experienced all our friends that loves arpg nearly everyone left it, disppointed, sad, and lost faith in blizzard.

Blizzard switched the game, made it for an entirely different audience in the name of $$ bill yall. Nearly all characterization has been stripped, i don't even wanna go further i have written huge walls on D3 forums with suggestions and everything and gotten threads filled/extended of people in support /agreement. Blizz reacted to none of it, none of the other threads they didn't give a fuck all they cared about was if the numbers was dwindling they didn't attempt to make a deep ARPG they made a superficial whatever. But you can be sure if i used even 1 offensive word they would see fit to temp forum ban me.

Worst of all, they probably think their approach was the best idea ever the game was super successful. Who cares if you shaft the people that made you what you are, right? Leave people behind as soon as you can jump to more gain.

Probably we will also see mobile games taking over pc games in the west - does this mean mobile games are better than pc games? As i said i don't understand why masses are so braindead in the way they act, but they just are. They don't seem to have much awareness and just become what they see right in front of them.

Anyway, back to what you said. I do agree that content release is a big strength of PoE, but alone it does nothing if not supported by a great game and at least from my perspective the greatest strength of poe is the characterization and the amount of choices(even if they can be illusions, the illusion of choice in life is what matters).

I also agree about grim dawn lack multiplayer, it just makes it not really worth grinding in that game for me. It doesn't feel meaningful. Lots of people like that though - outright applaud it.

Furthermore, D3 exposure and numbers are largely resultant from D2/WoW(where D2 played a huge part in wow success(they took so many core things)). You know how important advertising is right? It can massively inflate numbers, and D3 had the ultimate blizzard was the greatest gaming company in world in many people's eyes. Coke Cola / Mackie D's effect.

Did i mention - they killed Cain for some random quick plot twist of zero significance.............

They made the ultimate butchery of the entire Diablo Legacy, shafted hard everyone and laughed at their own success in doing it. It's a sad sad tragedy what happened to D3.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.

No Flashy Item Filter: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1317366
Last edited by Crackmonster on Apr 16, 2019, 5:45:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info