Diablo 4 Would Kill Path of Exile

"
Destructodave wrote:

And I argued, that's most likely the minority, not the majority. Just some common deduction of the expansion sales should show you that. Those millions you mentioned are overshadowed by more millions who did like it.

Doesnt matter if its minority, its still MILLIONS of people. There is no other game with so much hate towards it from disappointed fans. Because those people who hate it are people who loved Diablo 2, not some random gamers who started their journey from Diablo 3 and never played Diablo 2.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Destructodave wrote:

And I argued, that's most likely the minority, not the majority. Just some common deduction of the expansion sales should show you that. Those millions you mentioned are overshadowed by more millions who did like it.

Doesnt matter if its minority, its still MILLIONS of people. There is no other game with so much hate towards it from disappointed fans. Because those people who hate it are people who loved Diablo 2, not some random gamers who started their journey from Diablo 3 and never played Diablo 2.

Do you actually believe every game has 100% player retention and/or positive reviews? How many people you think tried PoE and hated it? You cant please every single player. You please the masses. You know, PoE has been doing just this for quite awhile now. Its not the same game we played back in CB or even the early years, tons of things have changed to please the mass playerbase while disregarding the people who put POE on the map. PoE is not the hardcore game it started out as.

And still, you dont know if its millions or not. You just don't. You are guessing that millions hated it. Every D2 player didn't hate D3. Theres a strong chance you are completely over exaggerating the amount of people who actually hated D3 as much as you do. I personally think this is the case.

D3 released in May 2012. Even in March 2013, it had 1 million daily players. Thats almost a full year later, still had over a million daily players. 3 million new players every month. Honestly I could keep quoting numbers from the wiki, but you are just gonna hit me with a mcdonalds reference or some wow fanboy reference so its pointless. The point is, the numbers show the game wasn't hated on some mass scale.

People let the loud minority cloud their judgments.

We dont know how many millions, if that, hated D3. We just don't. All you can do is guess. And the hate is overblown, too. If you took online forum hate as a barometer for a game, then you could say the same for PoE since all people do is complain. But we know the vocal minority does not equal the majority actually playing the game.

Games dont make money on pleasing the select few. Not even PoE does it. PoE started out as a game for hardcore D2 fans and has slowly been morphing into, honestly, something more akin to D3.
Last edited by Destructodave on Apr 16, 2019, 9:28:10 AM
You still can't face the truth Dave.

It's about betrayal of the original fans that made blizz what they are, then when they are on top they change entirely and shafts those very same players.

It's the opposite of integrity, it grinds people's gear especially because an expectation of a continued Diablo game from the original playerbase. If they made a game called "Hack and Slasher 1: the general boredom" no one would be so outraged - they would see it as something new and just be like oh okay but that's not for me i move on.

And to me personally it is so sad for me to see people be like wow it's right that it's commercial interests that rule all fuck integrity money it's okay coz in the end it is all about money.

What a cold world to live in. What you speak about is our beastial nature, but cultural heights are the exact opposite, when we use our humanity to build something together for the quality of life of everyone rather than letting the beast gain rule us. This is the premise upon which all great culture is based. I am not saying it is not natural that humans act on beastial instincts, i'm just saying it's sad this cold acceptance that it is okay that everything is about money and not even need to excuse massively disloyal actions. You have to fight, you have to make people reflect on whether that is the world they want to live in - only way to make it better.

But while it feels like betrayal from the old fans' point of view, the truth is that it is not the same people doing the game. The truth is that during wow tbc blizzard soul out and became a corporate slave like poe has also become now. You won't feel it in PoE until profits start becoming an issue. Amidst the downfall of blizzard, and their stiffling of gameplay depth and distinction in the name of bigger numbers it lost the good devs. Now it's just riding on whatever, releasing soulless games(in comparison to the old ones). They don't appeal to me just like McD doesn't. But they do appeal to masses.

I try most of their stuff, i really loved Blizzard when i grew up. Big Time. So i give everything a chance, but.. D3 is just so lame, it's so shallow after 1-3 days you are in the hamster wheel using exact same items just getting better stats on same items so you can do exact same content just a little bit harder. I mean come on, can't you see through how waste of life that is? They aren't even trying to give you an illusion of choice, they just give you a few straightforward lanes to ride. Not mysterious, not intriguing. Just boring for someone like me, it does not engage my mind i might as well be watching TV(I don't own a tv). After the best upgrade waves are over, i'm done usually in 3-4 days of ladder it's become pointless to play. After a couple of ladders i just lost interest in returning. It just doesn't really appeal to me and i'm about as true of a D2 lover as can be.

I remember once i read that the most acceptable faces of people were plain ones not smiling. When you smile, you show who you are, and this gives people the chance to like you a lot more, but also to dislike you - coz you reveal yourself. D3 is like that not smiling face. It lost its soul. It's generically appealing and while that may bring home bigger numbers it lost what was REALLY loveably about it.

And no i never eat McD either, i got taste, feelings and reason. Same thing with games.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Apr 16, 2019, 9:58:14 AM
"
Crackmonster wrote:

The truth?

Your whole post is based on feelings and subjectivity. You can't mix "truth" into that. When it comes to pure numbers, D3 was a success. A lot of people bought it. A lot of people got butthurt and left. A LOT of people remained and played it for years.

Diablo 3 is a good game - for the casual, non-D2 player. It's a BAD ARPG. And a very bad game for us D2 romantics. But that's all subjective. Objectively? "Good" reviews, excellent sales numbers. Good player retention.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Apr 16, 2019, 9:49:00 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:

The truth?

Your whole post is based on feelings and subjectivity. You can't mix "truth" into that. When it comes to pure numbers, D3 was a success. A lot of people bought it. A lot of people got butthurt and left. A LOT of people remained and played it for years.

Diablo 3 is a good game - for the casual, non-D2 player. It's a BAD ARPG. And a very bad game for us D2 romantics. But that's all subjective. Objectively? "Good" reviews, excellent sales numbers. Good player retention.

What a pointless post. Dude is missing the point, trying to use all sorts of irrelevant strawmen but never touches the core of why people feel they way they do towards d3, can't even accept it.

So yea, he can't face the truth, he is in denial of the state of reality of why people act this way towards D3.

As i said, no one would care if they didn't call the game Diablo. At worst they would be like... wow.. blizz made diablo they really went downhill on ARPG's instead of being so enraged that they butchered Diablo. They butchered and brought disappointment on cherished childhood memories of more than one generation.

The backlash they receive is described in ancient Buddhist texts. They call it karma.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Apr 16, 2019, 9:59:57 AM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
So yea, he can't face the truth, he is in denial of the state of reality of why people act this way towards D3.

Maybe he just can't face your truth?

Diablo 3 was a shitshow for ME. I dislike(d) it. It wasn't what I was hoping for. And a lot of players feel/felt like that.

But that doesn't change the fact that Diablo 3 was a success when it comes to numbers. Doesn't change the fact that a lot of players remained playing it for years.

A company/developer ALWAYS has to think numbers. Think sales. You can blame Blizzard all your life for hurting your feelings. But do you think Diablo 3 would be a greater or lesser success if they made it way more complicated? Deeper? You can guess, but you don't know. A LOT of players want "simple" today. From one perspective, you can say that Blizzard gives players what they want. From our perspective, they are pissing on their legacy.

But you are using "truth" and "facts" too much.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
But i'm well above standard with those words as a result from serious philosophical mindbending.

They are tricky and dangerous to use.

I wouldn't recommend it to you, seems you can't tell the difference.

Certainly no peasant that can't see shit gonna make me care that his emotions wants him to complain about what i write.

All you are trying to say with what you said - is that what i said did not make general sense, and limited to my scope. So therefore, i suggest you open your eyes. It' extremely sensible what i said and it doesn't suppress that others enjoy D3 or says that my way is the only way. In fact, i recognized that multiple times, you could almost say it is a premise of writing what i did.

And that's the truth.

PS any disagreements about why, reasons or causes are about discussing what is the truth, whether the words are used or not.

You can't make a non-deceptive argument if you don't believe in your case, and if you believe, it changes nothing if you claim that your argument is the truth because that was always the case anytime you argue for something you believe.

Until you have a strong enough opinion, you might not try to tell other's that your view is correct, but eventually when you feel you mastered the area you start to believe that what you understand is the truth. So when you talk to people who know what they are talking about, truth is a powerful linguistic vehicle to communicate also that you also believe you know what you are talking about and is confident.

And when kids act up against it - they actually just can't handle someones strong opinion.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Apr 16, 2019, 10:19:56 AM
You keep saying original D2 players. Am I not one? Did I miss the memo all those years ago? I am an original D2 player myself, and I liked D3. Hell, I'm basically an original PoE player, too. I been here since 2011. I mean in what world do you consider something original? When it aligns with your own personal views?

I even like McDonalds. The issue here, is your low key elitism. You feel you are above mere mortals who might enjoy D3 and might like a Big Mac from time to time. Eating at your fancy corner restaurant does not make you a better person. You dont magically have better taste buds. Also, the food all turns to shit anyways does it not?

I'm tired of hearing about these fabled original D2 players like they only hated D3. I was right there from the beginning myself. Just like I was right here at damn near the beginning of PoE, because I was a D2 fan.

Look buddy, you can hate D3 all you want. Thats fine. But that doesnt make your opinion a fact. Your opinions of D3 are just that; your opinions. And numbers, playerbase, and other metrics do not agree with your opinion. Hell, all D2 players dont agree. I was a D1 and a D2 player, and I dont agree with your opinion of D3 at all. So stop touting D2 player as some kind of badge of honor as if you are the world's authority on what constitutes a good Arpg.

Last edited by Destructodave on Apr 16, 2019, 11:01:59 AM
If No Man's Sky can actually be economically successful, no one can argue as to the success of Diablo 3 and its expansions.

Because you would be hard-pressed to find a game more universally maligned, at least for the first 2 years.

It will took them awhile until they recover from DI announcement. That was some last nail in the coffin of already struggling franchise. Lots of fans lost their last hope and probably will be very cautious and suspicious when (if) new product will be showed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info