Diablo 4 Would Kill Path of Exile

"
Destructodave wrote:
You keep saying original D2 players. Am I not one? Did I miss the memo all those years ago? I am an original D2 player myself, and I liked D3. Hell, I'm basically an original PoE player, too. I been here since 2011. I mean in what world do you consider something original? When it aligns with your own personal views?

I even like McDonalds. The issue here, is your low key elitism. You feel you are above mere mortals who might enjoy D3 and might like a Big Mac from time to time. Eating at your fancy corner restaurant does not make you a better person. You dont magically have better taste buds. Also, the food all turns to shit anyways does it not?

I'm tired of hearing about these fabled original D2 players like they only hated D3. I was right there from the beginning myself. Just like I was right here at damn near the beginning of PoE, because I was a D2 fan.

Look buddy, you can hate D3 all you want. Thats fine. But that doesnt make your opinion a fact. Your opinions of D3 are just that; your opinions. And numbers, playerbase, and other metrics do not agree with your opinion. Hell, all D2 players dont agree. I was a D1 and a D2 player, and I dont agree with your opinion of D3 at all. So stop touting D2 player as some kind of badge of honor as if you are the world's authority on what constitutes a good Arpg.

Bla bla bla.

I say original because that is exactly what i meant, distinctive from those who does not have emotional ties. I did never say all, i said the correct literal word.

In so far as diablo immortal goes, if it wasnt mobile i'd gladly play that too and give it a good try. But i barely even own an operating phone, they aren't my thing.

The phone is just another similar offense and further evidence they have sacrificed Diablo games to some weird experimental ish with no intend to cater to the old fans. It's just another intellectual property now, used for whatever might be worthwhile business.

Keep on with your lack of understanding and false assumptions. I've never hated a thing in my life, D3 just disappointed me. Nothing more, i think about it 5-10 times a year when someone talks about it and i react to these little kid coming here telling us our feelings are nonsense, but you are so lost in your own angle you can't see anything clear.

Go enjoy your McD as the rest of the masses, i'm not stopping you. I just want you to be happy and do what you enjoy.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Apr 16, 2019, 12:23:34 PM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
"
Destructodave wrote:
You keep saying original D2 players. Am I not one? Did I miss the memo all those years ago? I am an original D2 player myself, and I liked D3. Hell, I'm basically an original PoE player, too. I been here since 2011. I mean in what world do you consider something original? When it aligns with your own personal views?

I even like McDonalds. The issue here, is your low key elitism. You feel you are above mere mortals who might enjoy D3 and might like a Big Mac from time to time. Eating at your fancy corner restaurant does not make you a better person. You dont magically have better taste buds. Also, the food all turns to shit anyways does it not?

I'm tired of hearing about these fabled original D2 players like they only hated D3. I was right there from the beginning myself. Just like I was right here at damn near the beginning of PoE, because I was a D2 fan.

Look buddy, you can hate D3 all you want. Thats fine. But that doesnt make your opinion a fact. Your opinions of D3 are just that; your opinions. And numbers, playerbase, and other metrics do not agree with your opinion. Hell, all D2 players dont agree. I was a D1 and a D2 player, and I dont agree with your opinion of D3 at all. So stop touting D2 player as some kind of badge of honor as if you are the world's authority on what constitutes a good Arpg.

Bla bla bla.

I say original because that is exactly what i meant, distinctive from those who does not have emotional ties. I did never say all, i said the correct literal word.

In so far as diablo immortal goes, if it wasnt mobile i'd gladly play that too and give it a good try. But i barely even own an operating phone, they aren't my thing.

The phone is just another similar offense and further evidence they have sacrificed Diablo games to some weird experimental ish with no intend to cater to the old fans. It's just another intellectual property now, used for whatever might be worthwhile business.

Keep on with your lack of understanding and false assumptions. I've never hated a thing in my life, D3 just disappointed me. Nothing more, i think about it 5-10 times a year when someone talks about it and i react to these little kid coming here telling us our feelings are nonsense, but you are so lost in your own angle you can't see anything clear.

Go enjoy your McD as the rest of the masses, i'm not stopping you. I just want you to be happy and do what you enjoy.

Use an Android Emulator on your PC. I played Mobile games on an emulator, like Blue Stacks, for quite awhile. I dont like playing them on my tiny phone any more than you do, but I do like some of the games.

Then, I went to a friend's house, saw the joys in having a tablet, another purchase I never thought I wanted or needed, and bought one of those. One of the better purchases I've made in awhile. Now, thats what I do my mobile gaming on. Just chilling at the house, playing on a tablet. I actually use my phone sparingly for games. You can buy pretty good sized tablets, and then its not bad at all. I got a 10.1 inch one, fairly cheap.

Can just chill out on the porch, enjoy a cup of coffee or beer, and play some games. Not cooped up in a house hunched over a PC screen like a gremlin. There are some positives to "mobile" gaming. Just do it on a tablet.

Don't cheat yourself out of decent games just because of the mobile moniker or because of a phone. Ironically enough, some of them probably align more when that you guys value in games than you realize, in comparison to today's PC games.

Case in point: Awhile back I was playing a Final Fantasy game. Now obviously, they have some time gating or various things, but lets skip to the fun part. I finally go to where I wanted to beat a specific trial boss. I failed on him for like a week straight. I just wasn't ready with my units. I mainly play these games F2p, becuase thats where the difficulty lies. So with my rag tag group of units designed to counter everything the boss did, which was not the cookie cutter team(because well, I didn't have the units and had to make due with what I had), I managed to beat that bastard. It took like 30 minutes. I actually had some heart flutter and anxiety. You know how long its been since I had that feeling in a game? Years. Maybe sometimes in hard League of Legends matches, but just the fist pumping satisfaction I got from taking that guy down after specifically working towards him for a month, and failing for over a week. It was glorious. I think I actually yelled, "YES!" Of course I was at home so I could make a fool of myself, but thats the satisfaction I got from finally beating him. I took another boss down a couple weeks later and had the same feeling. Just the work required to get there and having to think outside the box to use units that could get the job done made it worthwhile. And thats a mobile game. Just the amount of time and effort required to get to that point in the game and finally succeeding is hard to beat, and I tell everyone because its something I think most gamers would enjoy. And I used to mock mobile gamers and think the entire concept was stupid.

Also, I'm not a little kid, friend. I'm probably older than you are. Just I'm not bent out of shape Blizzard hurt my feelings like some of you are. I merely played devil's advocate to the hyperbole arguments some people laid out in here with broad generalizations like "D3 was a failure. D3 wasnt a success. Diablo franchise is dead. Everyone hated D3" Etc. The list of ridiculous, hyperbole statements never ends.

Last edited by Destructodave on Apr 16, 2019, 1:09:39 PM
I will seriously consider an emulator if it works well. No kidding.

It's Diablo, so i will give a try if it seems even a bit fun.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
I will seriously consider an emulator if it works well. No kidding.

It's Diablo, so i will give a try if it seems even a bit fun.

They work pretty well. I've tried 3 different ones: Memu, Nox, and Blue Stacks. I last used Blue Stacks because it just ran better than the other 3(and used less resources; I liked doing other stuff on the PC while I played), but that was on an old PC. I"m sure they all are fine on my new PC. But, now that I got a tablet, I dont see the need for one.

I honestly dont understand why Google Play hasn't built an Android Emulator into their system yet. I'm sure its coming eventually, the bigger mobile games get.

Its basically just like playing it on the PC. You can use the mouse, click around, have it the entire screen.
I think the only game diablo4 would kill would be diablo 3, but barely... diablo will never release another good title, D1 awesome, D2 awesome, D3 awesome, till the changed the game and vanilla was gone... oh PS.... LUL!!!!
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Destructodave wrote:

And I argued, that's most likely the minority, not the majority. Just some common deduction of the expansion sales should show you that. Those millions you mentioned are overshadowed by more millions who did like it.

There is no other game with so much hate towards it from disappointed fans.

Anthem

Why would Anthem have any diassapointed fans? Its not like it had any prequel. You cant be fan of a game that you dont like from the begining...
(and I doubt there are people who are fans of EA games, so that wont work either)
Last edited by Aynix on Apr 17, 2019, 3:32:29 AM
Forget about Diablo 4, if Wolcen release with decent MP & end game, & regular updates, it could take away enough people from PoE.

I looked at the shop & now there are armors that cost 840 coins. That's the price you pay for special edition AAA games, GGG charge for ONE armor!

I can not in principle support this level of greediness. PoE & most F2P games rely on whales, but I don't think any game comes even close to pushing the absurdity of GGG pricing.

So I decided & used my 29€ & support the indie studio that made Wolcen, & get a full game instead. Even if the game turned out underwhelming, it will not be towards a company so out of touch, & frankly, turned arrogant & greedy due to its relative success.
"
KiadawP wrote:
Forget about Diablo 4, if Wolcen release with decent MP & end game, & regular updates, it could take away enough people from PoE.

I looked at the shop & now there are armors that cost 840 coins. That's the price you pay for special edition AAA games, GGG charge for ONE armor!

I can not in principle support this level of greediness. PoE & most F2P games rely on whales, but I don't think any game comes even close to pushing the absurdity of GGG pricing.

So I decided & used my 29€ & support the indie studio that made Wolcen, & get a full game instead. Even if the game turned out underwhelming, it will not be towards a company so out of touch, & frankly, turned arrogant & greedy due to its relative success.

Wolcen seems like it's going to be a good game. I tried it while it was in alpha and really enjoyed it. It's come a loing way since then as well. Problem is they don't have the reputation that the Diablo franchise has. They'll need to put in some pretty serious publicity work to get the word out.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
The Wolcen Beta phases have been riddled with disappointment. The open world, free camera, massive build potential alpha is long gone, and a product much closer to a buggy-as-hell Diablo 3 has replaced it, purportedly to test 'replayability'. I still have my hopes and since I bought in early, I have nothing to lose either way. But it's clear they started over yet again between alpha and beta.

Lost Epoch seems more on-track to deliver a solid PoE alternative. I'm stunned they're entering beta in May. Their first tech demo was barely a year ago, and their first alpha was dreadful. Right now the alpha feels pretty close to a beta, and the beta trailer seems to promise easily an act's worth of content. If anything, it seems to have *too much content* for a beta...but hey, gift horse.

Last Epoch looks cool but it looks like their trade system is crap. You have to be friends with someone for a certain amount of time before you can trade items with them. Bleh
Last edited by Boats_Reborn on Apr 17, 2019, 11:07:10 PM
I gotta agree about Wolcen & Last Epoch.

Wolcen came out looking very very promising, but it looks like it's getting hard for them to to really make the game come together well and address systems. But it was looking the most promising i've seen yet for an ARPG so there's still a chance they will emerge with a great product some years down the line. Who knows.

Last Epoch on the other hand, seems to have crawled in much quieter, delivering a simple and much more classic experience but they seem to strike a balance between simplicity and fun, and have made a game that at first glance reminds me a lot more of the feeling of playing D1 and D2, without the weird grim dawn slow chunky feeling.

We will see....

I've found in my experience the best most engaging skill crafting systems are simple and deep at the same time, poe for example for all it's insane amount of choices etc never made me as satisfied to theorycraft in as much as some of the simple skill systems of for example Archeage. In PoE it just pumps out things, where there it's less but higher quality, choices are more of a real thing you really gotta take a long time to combine choices until you find a combo of advantageous that fit you - and more effort has been put into balance as well making things feel more like choices.

It really is like they say about music, more nodes just makes the music a mess, it is about finding the right nodes that create simple rhythms and melodies. That's what gives rise to timeless greatness.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Apr 18, 2019, 7:43:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info