(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

I just got this ammy

Guess it's quite better then my current one for damage right? even with the 35% incresed damage.

Now I have to fix my res it seems.

Can I do proceed with this bow? Pretty new to crafting. I think my itemlevel is too low?

The strategy is to get 2 of 3 suffixes isolated (AS and DOT), then use the third suffix for the craft Cannot Roll Attack Mods. Then use an Exalted Orb to get the +1 Socketed Gems prefix, correct? Then multicraft the other prefixes.

Would appreciate if anyone could explain how to go about crafting the bow, pretty hard for new players to grasp.

EDIT:

Just bought a 6 link ilvl 82 base and crafted this here:

Can I proceed with this one?
Last edited by ivanfromukraine on Dec 25, 2019, 8:50:47 AM
1-

anyone got a video of clesrspeed with a cheaper gear? like max the silverbranch bow? also without HH or maloney quiver

i mostly want to see if the build cna clear as fast while keepin tis movement speed wihtout OP gear

i know I will never be able ot afford those 5+ex bow, so would like to see the palystyle wihtout them

here is probably the best bow ill afford form your guide:

Porcupine Essence Bow
Price: 1-2 Exalts
Damage: 2,168,999

I usually only make 5-7ex per league as i can only play 1-2hours a night and not eveyr night and no time to flip or trade a lot

2-

where do we get our lifeleech from? or we jsut rely on ghost shroud alone?

3-

also you mention this for the speedy version, what do you mean bu trowing a mine? :

https://pastebin.com/qcdwR5by - For those of you want to focus on map zooming and don't know how to modify the build, go for something like this. Feel free to use smoke mine + enchant if you want 300% ms, I don't enjoy throwing mines though personally.

SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Dec 25, 2019, 12:19:39 PM
"
Verfall777 wrote:

I think I mainly need a better bow, but am pretty new to bow builds and the dot mechanics.

1. Toxic rain says it converts 50% phys damage to chaos damage, I tried on a bow with less Phys damage and the tooltip damage was only half as high as before.
So how is a +3 bow with no phys damage better?
Can i totally ignore tooltip damage?

sorry but I am very confused right now
Yep, ignore tooltip in game, install POB and check your character there, the part that says damage over time, that's the pod, the tooltip will show initial hit most likely which is only useful for poison / herald of agony builds not the dot / pod builds which this one is.

Taken from wiki:
there are 2 parts, 1 says "Deals (50-72.8)% of Base Attack Damage" you ignore this,
second says "Deals (7.9-285.1) Base Chaos Damage per second" this build scales this part, and it's fully chaos damage.

You scale this build in the same manner as you'd scale essence drain trickster: +gem levels and chaos multi / damage over time multi, you just pick stuff that applies to toxic rain and not to spells (so stuff like +bow gems or +dex gems).
Last edited by Viktranka on Dec 25, 2019, 12:17:30 PM
"
Tannhauser1 wrote:
I just got this ammy

Guess it's quite better then my current one for damage right? even with the 35% incresed damage.

Now I have to fix my res it seems.
The first amulet looks great, it has both chaos multi and +1 to gems, you should get much more damage in the big picture than from the corrupted one, "35% increased" is not so great when "increased" modifiers have diminishing returns in POE while "multiplier" doesn't, so it's always good to stack it. +1 to chaos gems alone is probably worth 10-15% buff to damage.
Last edited by Viktranka on Dec 25, 2019, 12:23:47 PM
"
Verfall777 wrote:

I think I mainly need a better bow, but am pretty new to bow builds and the dot mechanics.

1. Toxic rain says it converts 50% phys damage to chaos damage, I tried on a bow with less Phys damage and the tooltip damage was only half as high as before.

From the first post:
"
typicaldemon wrote:

KEY POINTS BEFORE YOU ASK QUESTIONS

Pathfinder is bad. Do not play it.

We do not scale the hit. We do not scale the poison. That means anything that scales hit or poison is bad. That includes your weapon's pDPS, damage with bows, poison damage, poison application, etc. They're useless. We scale the pods and nothing else.

Tooltip damage has been wildly inaccurate for just about everything for many years. Path of Building does a far better job, however, even that just provides the base numbers for calculating Toxic Rain DPS.

A better bow will help. Gem levels is important for this build. You're also using 2 stibnite flasks, which don't stack, and you really shouldn't need a health flask by now.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Dec 25, 2019, 1:09:27 PM
"
Nevzat wrote:
What is your guys unbuffed movement speed out of interest? mine is sitting at 49% which feels pretty slow to me.

Mine is also 49. I'm nearly never at that speed though, I'm always buffed by flasks while in a map. With flasks up... which they always are... I'm at 162%. It goes even higher as soon as Onslaught and Frenzy kick in. I could boost it higher than that by running Grace instead of Discipline, and end game, I'll be running both.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Dec 25, 2019, 1:14:02 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Verfall777 wrote:

Yep, ignore tooltip in game, install POB and check your character there, the part that says damage over time, that's the pod, the tooltip will show initial hit most likely which is only useful for poison / herald of agony builds not the dot / pod builds which this one is.

Taken from wiki:
there are 2 parts, 1 says "Deals (50-72.8)% of Base Attack Damage" you ignore this,
second says "Deals (7.9-285.1) Base Chaos Damage per second" this build scales this part, and it's fully chaos damage.

You scale this build in the same manner as you'd scale essence drain trickster: +gem levels and chaos multi / damage over time multi, you just pick stuff that applies to toxic rain and not to spells (so stuff like +bow gems or +dex gems).

Thank you very much, that helped!
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
1-

anyone got a video of clesrspeed with a cheaper gear? like max the silverbranch bow? also without HH or maloney quiver

i mostly want to see if the build cna clear as fast while keepin tis movement speed wihtout OP gear

i know I will never be able ot afford those 5+ex bow, so would like to see the palystyle wihtout them

Porcupine Essence Bow

I usually only make 5-7ex per league as i can only play 1-2hours a night and not eveyr night and no time to flip or trade a lot

2-

3-

also you mention this for the speedy version, what do you mean bu trowing a mine? :

https://pastebin.com/qcdwR5by - For those of you want to focus on map zooming and don't know how to modify the build, go for something like this. Feel free to use smoke mine + enchant if you want 300% ms, I don't enjoy throwing mines though personally.

I'm still using the porcupine bow, and I'm just getting into red t11 maps. I haven't run into anything challenging yet, this build makes everything trivial so far. Sorry, I don't have any vids, I run a triple monitor setup, and hosting 5760x1080 resolution videos... well, nobody I've found does a decent job of that. Actually, the Silverbough is probably going to be just as good as my current bow:

Life comes from the Patient Reaper ascendancy. I've also taken Blood Drinker on the regular tree.

Smoke Mine is really weird skill gem - it's nearly everything all in one go: "Mine, Spell, AoE, Duration, Movement, Travel, Blink". So not only does it teleport you forward, but it also gives you a 29% extra move speed buff for 5s at level 20.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
1-

Porcupine Essence Bow

2-

3-

I'm still using the porcupine bow, and I'm just getting into red t11 maps. I haven't run into anything challenging yet, this build makes everything trivial so far. Sorry, I don't have any vids, I run a triple monitor setup, and hosting 5760x1080 resolution videos... well, nobody I've found does a decent job of that. Actually, the Silverbough is probably going to be just as good as my current bow:

Life comes from the Patient Reaper ascendancy. I've also taken Blood Drinker on the regular tree.

Smoke Mine is really weird skill gem - it's nearly everything all in one go: "Mine, Spell, AoE, Duration, Movement, Travel, Blink". So not only does it teleport you forward, but it also gives you a 29% extra move speed buff for 5s at level 20.

and how is the movement speed? is it rly like in the video of OP? of is this video with a HeadHunter ?

can you do your T11 with around 250-300% movement speed?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info