(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

i'm confused and need two answers
1- are we gonna do same pob on first page
2- are we gonna drop flesh and stone
Hey,

gonna play this SSF and wanted to know if a Tabula + some random trash bow will be enough to farm low red maps, since all Porcupine cards are dropping in T11/12 in Blight.

EDIT: OK, had a lvl89 Trickster in some league and tested it with ultra trash gear and a Toxic Rain lvl 12 from the vendor. This is not gonna be a problem at all.
Last edited by Karyoplasma on Sep 5, 2019, 4:34:36 PM
I'll play this build as a starter in 3.8 and try perfect form + devouring diadem and mana sustain with ES. Also Atziris Step can be replaced with temple boots. We'll see how this works. Also changed the skilltree a bit. Cutted the top path and added Avatar of the hunt and goin to path to scion life wheel from there.

Tree will be something like this I guess. Maybe there is some room for optimization. Probably gonna drop discipline and/or flesh and stone and add precision if needed.

https://pastebin.com/FEXSe8FR

What do you think?
Last edited by coutoo on Sep 5, 2019, 3:22:42 PM
"
coutoo wrote:
I'll play this build as a starter in 3.8 and try perfect form + devouring diadem and mana sustain with ES. Also Atziris Step can be replaced with temple boots. We'll see how this works. Also changed the skilltree a bit. Cutted the top path and added Avatar of the hunt and goin to path to scion life wheel from there.

Tree will be something like this I guess. Maybe there is some room for optimization. Probably gonna drop discipline and/or flesh and stone and add precision if needed.

What do you think?
I like the perfect form / devouring diadem idea, I'm planning on the same route myself this time around.

As for precision, I don't think it affects the pods? I could be wrong there, maybe wait for the OP to chime in.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
As for precision, I don't think it affects the pods? I could be wrong there, maybe wait for the OP to chime in.
Biggest benefit of precision is getting "increased attack speed when affected by precision" watcher's eye, but getting watcher's eye with more than 1 useful combo is a pita, and there are more prio mods like the malevolence ones (now apparently cold and chaos are gonna be merged into 1 mod "damage over time multiplier when affected by malevolence" in blight league).

I don't think accuracy is that much needed in this build, and crit is completely useless.

"
Cheesiecake wrote:
" Pathfinder is bad. Do not play it. "

Why? T_T
Trickster is more damage. 50% increased and 20% more for dots.

Btw I played the pathfinder version in Legion and it was fine. Pretty sure you can play it on an Occultist or w/e other ascendancy has anything to do with dots / chaos / bow skills, but Trickster is gonna be highest damage of them still.

Benefits of pathfinder: perma flask uptime, perma carcass jack (increased size of skill), can spec into ailment immunity.

Benefits of trickster: biggest damage buff of all ascendancies, free mana regen, free evasion / energy shield, extra dodge, stun immunity.

"
YouHaveNoLuck wrote:
Can we go with this build and use newly buffed assassin instead?
Toxic rain is not poison and doesn't scale with crit, so I don't see the point? Unless you rework the build completely into poison stacking instead of scaling the chaos dot pods.

They made chaos dot nodes now affect poison but the opposite isn't true.

"
coutoo wrote:

What do you think?
Which bandit did you pick because it seems you're not having the 2 extra points?

Anyway I like perfect form for the fact you get phase acro for spells without cutting your ES from pathing through normal acro, and evasion takes care of most of the attacks while spells can be more tricky.

Not sure if that benefit is still valuable if you play EB though.
Last edited by Viktranka on Sep 5, 2019, 7:42:52 PM
"
freakydouche wrote:
i'm confused and need two answers
1- are we gonna do same pob on first page
2- are we gonna drop flesh and stone

You can use Flesh and Stone, and its likely the best option for a very low budget variant. With the nerfs to Flesh and Stone, and the massive cutdown on legion content, the mitigation provided is much less substantial than before. Aspect of the Spider is likely a better use of the reserve if you can afford it. However, I'll likely be investing a bit more into mana reservation this league and running Grace, possibly Vaal Grace depending on how things work out, and if I find a pair of boots I want to use other than Atziri's Step.

"
coutoo wrote:

What do you think?

You're going from roughly a pool of 7k hybrid down to 4850 while also losing all of the burst recovery provided by ghost shroud procs and the sustained recovery of hybrid 2% ES/Life gain on killed from Patient Reaper. You're reducing your one-shot threshold by ~30%, and for rapid-hit deaths you have about 1/3 the EHP. I've seen many people comment about playing mom or playing EB or something in between, but playing hybrid is one of the essentials to the build. If you intend to play non-hybrid, there's likely a slew of changes you'd want to make. If I were to try and make a non-hybrid version, I'd likely restart from the ground up. The build is made for its defenses first and foremost, most of what else exists in the build is an afterthought to have a functioning character. Not to mention the movement speed loss from QOTF.

I believe I've mentioned it before in this thread but I've definitely talked about it dozens of time on stream; if you don't care about your movement speed, dropping QOTF is really nice. Using Perfect Form and dropping acro to get closer to 8.5~9k hybrid pool would make you nigh unkillable. A GG rare is likely even better, but if you're able to afford one, you probably don't need me telling you want to put on it.
Last edited by typicaldemon on Sep 5, 2019, 9:59:42 PM
Hey, is there a chance you gonna update the lvling trees before 3.8 launch?
"
Hejti wrote:

The tree hasn't changed aside from alchemist getting nuked from orbit. Level the same way
"
typicaldemon wrote:
"
Hejti wrote:

The tree hasn't changed aside from alchemist getting nuked from orbit. Level the same way

unreserved mana 2 on the PoB, is it enough?
Is the new hidden notable "aspect of stone" usefull for the defensive layer ?

1 violet oil + 2 golden oil = aspect of stone = 20% chance to avoid physical damage from hits

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zBKRD2fqNtPS59PXM1oc_RaFrszqdrrr2BEYhrquKPQ/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

Google sheet from u/kataris

EDIT : or get "discipline of the slaughter" (+1 frenzy charge - 5% chance gain FC on kill - 5% inc damage per FC)
Last edited by Inialla on Sep 6, 2019, 6:20:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info