(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
neltisen wrote:
"
typicaldemon wrote:
you should craft 14% or 18% quality on the bow before attempting to link it.

Isn't it like 1% quality increase linking chance by 1%? Isn't it better to 20% quality instead?

I believe he's talking about crafting an additional quality mod (just) for linking, on top of the 20% you'd get from whetstones.
there is just one thing i dont get... why not just use carcass jack? i means its SC right^^ =P
"
FredDasTier wrote:
there is just one thing i dont get... why not just use carcass jack? i means its SC right^^ =P

How do you figure CJ is best? Not even close.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Aug 11, 2019, 2:31:39 PM
"
"
FredDasTier wrote:

How do you figure CJ is best? Not even close.

According to poe.ninja 77% of Toxic Rain Tricksters use Carcass Jack. The increased AoE is really helpful, allowing pods to overlap each other easier so more pods can hit the same target.

Perfect Form, QotF and others are viable too, but it's not a mistake that Carcass Jack is the most popular.

Also, not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere in the replies, but there's another budget bow option that fits somewhere in the middle of the crafting ladder provided. If you have a bow between ilvl 64 and 82, inclusive, you can use metallic + prismatic + corroded fossils on it and +1 to gems/+2 to bow gems are the only prefixes possible to roll. It should only take 1 or 2 tries to get a +3 bow at about 15c per try. Plus you'll have an open prefix to craft non-ailment chaos multi. Getting a 6-link in this ilvl range is a bit awkward since none of the div cards will help, but late in the league you can get them for the cost of a divine orb.
Last edited by rlauren2 on Aug 12, 2019, 3:59:49 PM
What do you think about using increased duration as a support if more duration kinda acts like a more multiplier? and isnt VP kinda meh giving only 10%more dmg if you consider it gives less attackspeed meaning less dmg? so maybe chaos dot multi on bow would be better instead?
And what about using increased aoe gem, could that we worth it?
Last edited by K1NG13LOOD on Aug 13, 2019, 12:07:28 PM
"
K1NG13LOOD wrote:
What do you think about using increased duration as a support if more duration kinda acts like a more multiplier? and isnt VP kinda meh giving only 10%more dmg if you consider it gives less attackspeed meaning less dmg? so maybe chaos dot multi on bow would be better instead?
And what about using increased aoe gem, could that we worth it?

VP gives 49% more chaos dot and 10% less attack speed, but that comes out to 35% more damage overall. Increased Duration is a psuedo-more multiplier, but it does scale depending on your other sources of increased duration. Most Toxic Rain folks take at least one of the duration clusters near the Scion center. With Exceptional Performance, Hunter's Gambit, Entropy, and Prolongued Pain, you'll likely have 80% increased duration already. That means a 74% increased duration from the 20% quality support gem gives closer to a 41% "more" total damage output.

Under those assumptions, the total damage output is pretty close between the two. If that's the case, it's always going to be better to do that damage faster.
Hi,
For this build what is better

add X chaos damage to attack

Or

Add x% chaos damage

Many thanks
Just wanted to say that this is the best build I ever played. Been playing since Abyss and with this build for the first time ever I was able to (1) spawn and fight Elder (2) easily complete red maps tier 12+ (3) spawn and fight Shaper (deathless) (4) fight Uber Elder. I was not able to beat Uber Elder and that is due to mechanics and I am clumsy. Next league I will do this build again, manage to get the 6 link VP bow (only had a 5 link this league) and beat UE.

Thank you for putting this build out for other people to use. This was my most successful and enjoyable league yet.

ETA: My BF crafted me a new bow and I was able to six link it. Beat UE on last portal. Died at end, didn't get to talk to Zana or get any loot but challenge was completed. I call that a win. THANK YOU!
Last edited by CandyR27 on Aug 28, 2019, 6:59:34 AM
"
JjayJjay75 wrote:
Hi,
For this build what is better

add X chaos damage to attack

Or

Add x% chaos damage

Many thanks
You should aim for "non ailment chaos damage over time multiplier".

"Chaos damage to attack" is worthless, it's only good for poison scaling builds, the pod doesn't derive from the base attack contrary to poison, it has its own value based on gem level you can further scale with: damage over time, increased chaos damage, projectile damage, increased duration, increased gem level (empower etc.), non ailment chaos damage over time multiplier is basically "more" damage modifier so it's very strong (same as why prolonged pain ascendancy node is a big damage increase).
"
CandyR27 wrote:
Just wanted to say that this is the best build I ever played. Been playing since Abyss and with this build for the first time ever I was able to (1) spawn and fight Elder (2) easily complete red maps tier 12+ (3) spawn and fight Shaper (deathless) (4) fight Uber Elder. I was not able to beat Uber Elder and that is due to mechanics and I am clumsy. Next league I will do this build again, manage to get the 6 link VP bow (only had a 5 link this league) and beat UE.

Thank you for putting this build out for other people to use. This was my most successful and enjoyable league yet.

I'd also add to this - definitely my most successful build to date. I've been playing PoE for probably 2 years now on and off, and with this build I finally managed to get to red maps, kill all guardians (first time), and take down shaper. This is on the "6ex" bow - see my profile for details. I've also managed to farm about 20ex using this build just from relatively casual play (maybe 10-15 hours a week .. not sure if that's "casual" these days).

I think the only downside is that the Legion clear speed might not be "tier 1" ... I still don't always get all the generals / mobs that drop gear when on Legions. But it's very safe ... as long as you "fire and move" I find that I can go entire maps and very rarely even get hit. Even facing tanking is possible on white and yellow Legion encounters.

So .. A+ .. recommended :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info