(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

I wonder what are your thoughts about amulet enchants. Corruption (8%dps)? Charisma/Sovereignty (mana reservation)? Additional Curse? So many new options xD hopefully it do not get a heavy nerf hammer
English is not my native. To grammar nazis, feel free to correct me, I appreciate any occasion for improvement
Like the poster above this has been my best build in 2 years of playing by a long shot! Thank you so much!

Getting the "Dying Sun" flask really helped, I wish I hadn't of waited so long.

Quick question. How much of an improvement is having a +1 arrow quiver if any?

I have one but didn't notice the same dramatic changes in killing/clearspeed as I did with Dying Sun.

I like my +1 arrow quiver but I have another quiver that isn't a +1 with better life, elemental resists and onslaught. Just seeing if the +1 matters much, POB doesn't show me any change?

Thanks in advance!
"
Getting the "Dying Sun" flask really helped, I wish I hadn't of waited so long.

Quick question. How much of an improvement is having a +1 arrow quiver if any?

I have one but didn't notice the same dramatic changes in killing/clearspeed as I did with Dying Sun.

I like my +1 arrow quiver but I have another quiver that isn't a +1 with better life, elemental resists and onslaught. Just seeing if the +1 matters much, POB doesn't show me any change?
Extra arrows might allow you to cover more terrain, but from every discussion I checked on the subject majority of people claim extra arrows don't help to overlap the pods / explosions, so will not increase your damage per mob (but can help hit more mobs at once).

Dying Sun gives increased area of effect not just extra arrows, and this extra area coverage allows pods to overlap and mob being hit by more than 1 (same reason why people use carcass jack, also same reason why you should not run "concentrated effect" on this ability contrary to for example caustic arrow).

POB won't show you anything because it shows damage per arrow, not all arrows combined.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
JjayJjay75 wrote:
Hi,
For this build what is better

add X chaos damage to attack

Or

Add x% chaos damage

Many thanks
You should aim for "non ailment chaos damage over time multiplier".

"Chaos damage to attack" is worthless, it's only good for poison scaling builds, the pod doesn't derive from the base attack contrary to poison, it has its own value based on gem level you can further scale with: damage over time, increased chaos damage, projectile damage, increased duration, increased gem level (empower etc.), non ailment chaos damage over time multiplier is basically "more" damage modifier so it's very strong (same as why prolonged pain ascendancy node is a big damage increase).

Thanks so much for clarifying! Such a great build thanks

"
neltisen wrote:
I wonder what are your thoughts about amulet enchants. Corruption (8%dps)? Charisma/Sovereignty (mana reservation)? Additional Curse? So many new options xD hopefully it do not get a heavy nerf hammer
With how well toxic rain scales with increased aoe I wouldn't be surprised if amplify / blast radius or heavy draw had a point.

Potency of will / exceptional performance is also helpful for skill effect duration, but tbh for me the biggest issue is the ramp up, the sustained damage doesn't really require that much buff.

You could even pick some QoL nodes like Graceful Assault giving you free Onslaught, or Overcharged for extra charge generation. Alchemist is not a bad idea for extra flask uptime.

Ofc corruption is a safe bet for raw damage so you don't have to stretch the tree that direction.
How is this build for a league starter? I looked at prices for last league and nothing is too crazy day 1-2. Looks pretty good but I think I want to enchant farm the first few days. I know I can't phase izaro like mines/traps but would this be a decent build for that?
"
konter5683 wrote:
How is this build for a league starter? I looked at prices for last league and nothing is too crazy day 1-2. Looks pretty good but I think I want to enchant farm the first few days. I know I can't phase izaro like mines/traps but would this be a decent build for that?
Don't know about the lab part, but about the league starter I found it pretty decent myself during legion.

Started as caustic arrow, then added toxic rain and ran both on a 4 link, then swapped to tabula, then swapped to vicious pojectile + "+2 to socketed bow gems" bow I bought for like 35-40c, spent another 25-30c on lvl 21 toxic rain, got 5 link quite fast and ran that (skipped empower), that carried me up to red maps, rest of the gear was random yellows to get life / resistances, got some cheap witchfire brew too until I fixed my int requirements and other details.

You might have mana issues until you get patient reaper, but the skill doesn't really get that expensive until you get 6 link with empower.

You don't need anything crazy, endgame bow will cost you around 10-12 ex to craft, everything else is just extra.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
konter5683 wrote:
Don't know about the lab part, but about the league starter I found it pretty decent myself during legion.

Started as caustic arrow, then added toxic rain and ran both on a 4 link, then swapped to tabula, then swapped to vicious pojectile + "+2 to socketed bow gems" bow I bought for like 35-40c, spent another 25-30c on lvl 21 toxic rain, got 5 link quite fast and ran that (skipped empower), that carried me up to red maps, rest of the gear was random yellows to get life / resistances, got some cheap witchfire brew too until I fixed my int requirements and other details.

You might have mana issues until you get patient reaper, but the skill doesn't really get that expensive until you get 6 link with empower.

You don't need anything crazy, endgame bow will cost you around 10-12 ex to craft, everything else is just extra.

Is it fine to run quil rain ?
Looks yeet !
PoE & F1 is Life. <3
Hi, thanks for the guide.

Would you incorporate the skill points in order(poeplanner) on poB? It'd be very helpful :)

Good Luck :)
Last edited by sacstanxiang2 on Aug 27, 2019, 8:40:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info