[3.9] Physical Conversion Bowyer | Wander [TS/LA/IS + Barrage] [KB + Power Siphon] [All Content]

I'm back! Decided to try out Enahkra's bow conversion build and I got to say, bow build just overpowers wand build ):

Uber Elder deathless (not really because Japan gateway is a joke), first time ever. Single target damage is bonker and clear speed is just unbeatable but it's still less satisfying than KB boom boom, even with Voidfletcher boom boom.

Sloppy gear from the transition from wander and can't multimod new rings because I need very specific resists (even on jewels, some are too overcapped) didn't realize stacking damage on quiver leaves no room for res stacking but hey, it's endgame viable, despite my inability to maximize damage output! First time reaching +50% exp at lvl 92 without dying like a limp noodle. Definitely gonna try this out again in the new leagues, perhaps with other ascendancies.

https://youtu.be/2eJRoUOXgDE

EDIT: Damage is a bit insufficient for depth 200+ but that's on me, let's see if I can change that.

Spoiler
Last edited by oMySunshine on Oct 12, 2019, 12:38:05 AM
"
"
oMySunshine wrote:
I'm back! Decided to try out Enahkra's bow conversion build and I got to say, bow build just overpowers wand build ):

Uber Elder deathless (not really because Japan gateway is a joke), first time ever. Single target damage is bonker and clear speed is just unbeatable but it's still less satisfying than KB boom boom, even with Voidfletcher boom boom.

Sloppy gear from the transition from wander and can't multimod new rings because I need very specific resists (even on jewels, some are too overcapped) didn't realize stacking damage on quiver leaves no room for res stacking but hey, it's endgame viable, despite my inability to maximize damage output! First time reaching +50% exp at lvl 92 without dying like a limp noodle. Definitely gonna try this out again in the new leagues, perhaps with other ascendancies.

https://youtu.be/2eJRoUOXgDE

EDIT: Damage is a bit insufficient for depth 200+ but that's on me, let's see if I can change that.

Spoiler

Very nice, and yeah there's no competition, bows are definitely way better, a lot of it has to do with Voidfletcher carrying on single target. I'm pretty sure it makes up almost half of our dps, will add a dps calc section for void shot later.

Anyway, there I said it. Wands are sexier, but bows are superior by virtually every relevant metric :(
Moved the Bow guide to the top for ergonomic reasons. Also added a section explaining how the build works. Made some slight changes to gear suggestions, fixed some trade links etc.

I think I'm pretty much done with the bow guide, aside from maybe adding a Deadeye tree.

Kinda sucks that I made it so late into league though; who knows what 3.9 will have in store for bows. Maybe the incoming balance changes will completely shaft the build.
Hey, quick question as i tried to find my answer on the guide, but couldn't find. Why is Energy Leech recommended ? I don't have any dmg leeched as energy shield according to my PoB, or am i missing something ?
"
AcidCitrus wrote:
Hey, quick question as i tried to find my answer on the guide, but couldn't find. Why is Energy Leech recommended ? I don't have any dmg leeched as energy shield according to my PoB, or am i missing something ?

You do, it comes from the gem itself. When you trigger blood rage, the degen from it is always higher than your ES leech rate (because your ES pool is small and ES leech rate depends on your total ES pool). This means you are always in a constant state of "leeching" = 40% more multiplier, and you are never at full ES. Because you're leeching ES, this triggers all the %damage while leeching mods also.
Having just played this wander build and then TS Impale, it's great to see a guide for Physical conversion bow. I was a big fan of SignalShot at its prime and had been hoping someone would update it with contemporary items and mechanics.

Before I begin assembling the gear in earnest, I was curious if Arborix was more competitive than triple legacy RotC. I remember how dominant the 4 extra arrows was for Barrage and I imagine it'd only be even more so with Voidfletcher.

Thanks for your thoughts!
"
Escalune wrote:
Having just played this wander build and then TS Impale, it's great to see a guide for Physical conversion bow. I was a big fan of SignalShot at its prime and had been hoping someone would update it with contemporary items and mechanics.

Before I begin assembling the gear in earnest, I was curious if Arborix was more competitive than triple legacy RotC. I remember how dominant the 4 extra arrows was for Barrage and I imagine it'd only be even more so with Voidfletcher.

Thanks for your thoughts!

When considering Void Shot damage scaling by itself, both bows give around the same DPS, mainly b/c Void Shot doesn't scale with attack speed, so the lower base damage/crit from RoTC cancels out the 2 additional arrows it provides.

When considering Barrage, Arborix will also have a bit better damage (maybe 5-10%?), mainly b/c of the alternating 30% incr attack speed and 30% more damage multiplier.

However, RoTC is definitely superior for clearing though b/c of the +4 arrows and higher attack rate and higher life recovery (if you go LOGH route). I probably would go with RoTC just b/c of that QOL. Dunno, maybe you should try RoTC first to see if the single target is sufficient.
Last edited by Enahkra on Oct 13, 2019, 1:33:57 AM
Wow....this has got to be one of the best guides I have ever seen!

So eager to try out both the bow and wander versions.

I would really like to run the bow build to farm T16 Tower maps which includes a harder boss. Also want to clear blights. Can you advise an MF version that can run that? Like which gear pieces can I swap without gimping DPS or survivability too much?

Thanks so much!
"
bankai1009 wrote:

I would really like to run the bow build to farm T16 Tower maps which includes a harder boss. Also want to clear blights. Can you advise an MF version that can run that? Like which gear pieces can I swap without gimping DPS or survivability too much?

Thanks so much!

Thanks!

I think the one slot that shouldn't be swapped out is the glove slot, mainly because it provides a lot of damage as well as phys reflect immunity.

For the amulet, you can definitely multimod a shaper amulet and replace the T1 crit multi with T1 quant suffix instead, or if ur lucky ur amulet can have a T1 suffix as well as a T1 prefix, then multimod the rest according to the guide's instructions. Bisco's may also work but is far less ideal.

The rings can definitely be swapped out for 2x Ventor's, and so can the boots for Goldwyrms. These won't affect your dps too much.

I'm not sure about belt, I guess you would have to test and see. Losing the stygian means losing +1 projectile, which means you would need another anointment on the amulet, etc. It'd probably be fine though if you're geared properly elsewhere.

You should have enough dps to run elder maps np, because the boss has a much lower life pool than actual T16 guardians, you'd just rely on Voidfletcher + Barrage to phase the bosses and then kite around for a bit and repeat.

There hasn't been any issue with Blight, don't think my playtester has failed once in like 50+ T16 guardian maps, but there were some close calls when like 8 bosses spawned in one encounter etc. I'd assume with MF setup you'd still be able to do most of them, just rely on some towers + get the right tower anointments to help u out and u should be fine.
Last edited by Enahkra on Oct 13, 2019, 3:43:20 PM
"
Enahkra wrote:
"
bankai1009 wrote:

Thanks so much!

Thanks!

I think the one slot that shouldn't be swapped out is the glove slot, mainly because it provides a lot of damage as well as phys reflect immunity.

For the amulet, you can definitely multimod a shaper amulet and replace the T1 crit multi with T1 quant suffix instead, or if ur lucky ur amulet can have a T1 suffix as well as a T1 prefix, then multimod the rest according to the guide's instructions. Bisco's may also work but is far less ideal.

The rings can definitely be swapped out for 2x Ventor's, and so can the boots for Goldwyrms. These won't affect your dps too much.

I'm not sure about belt, I guess you would have to test and see. Losing the stygian means losing +1 projectile, which means you would need another anointment on the amulet, etc. It'd probably be fine though if you're geared properly elsewhere.

You should have enough dps to run elder maps np, because the boss has a much lower life pool than actual T16 guardians, you'd just rely on Voidfletcher + Barrage to phase the bosses and then kite around for a bit and repeat.

There hasn't been any issue with Blight, don't think my playtester has failed once in like 50+ T16 guardian maps, but there were some close calls when like 8 bosses spawned in one encounter etc. I'd assume with MF setup you'd still be able to do most of them, just rely on some towers + get the right tower anointments to help u out and u should be fine.

Thanks so much man.

Not only is your guide detailed but your response is also detailed and very helpful. I like how you walk through the rationale and specific advice on gear slots, mods to look for, impact.

I bother to say all that just to say you are doing a great job and I think other guide writers have much to learn from you :)

As for the MF setup suggested, I will def give it a go and let you know !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info