[3.9] Physical Conversion Bowyer | Wander [TS/LA/IS + Barrage] [KB + Power Siphon] [All Content]

If I was gearing up again from scratch I would go focus route.

Gloves (31–36)% increased Attack and Cast Speed while Focussed
Shield (13–15)% chance to deal Double Damage while Focussed
Helmet Trigger Socketed Spells when you Focus

I would put blood rage and wave of conviction setup in helmet so that they trigger with a single button press. It gets tiresome having to press so many buttons before boss fight :( Just wanted to put this out there.

Edit: I guess I could do it. I thought i would need a new helm (one that isn't hollow fossil crafted) with 4 free gem sockets for blood rage and wave of conviction + CoH + proj weakness but then I figured i wouldn't need curse on hit to apply the curse. Shield would be ez recraft. Gloves would be an issue. I would have to replace those since my current ones have chance to bleed + horror essence crit chance and multimod as suffixes and the focus mod is also suffix. Doable though.
Last edited by SummerMelody on Oct 8, 2019, 5:19:00 PM
"
SummerMelody wrote:
If I was gearing up again from scratch I would go focus route.

Gloves (31–36)% increased Attack and Cast Speed while Focussed
Shield (13–15)% chance to deal Double Damage while Focussed
Helmet Trigger Socketed Spells when you Focus

I would put blood rage and wave of conviction setup in helmet so that they trigger with a single button press. It gets tiresome having to press so many buttons before boss fight :( Just wanted to put this out there.

Edit: I guess I could do it. I thought i would need a new helm (one that isn't hollow fossil crafted) with 4 free gem sockets for blood rage and wave of conviction + CoH + proj weakness but then I figured i wouldn't need curse on hit to apply the curse. Shield would be ez recraft. Gloves would be an issue. I would have to replace those since my current ones have chance to bleed + horror essence crit chance and multimod as suffixes and the focus mod is also suffix. Doable though.

Very interesting idea; that seems like a very good QOL change; I'll test this out sometime later when I have time; it would help a lot with QOL considering focus has no cast time and definitely would make WoC + Curse apply more consistently.
Let's take it a step further.

Socket the helmet with: Blood Rage, Wave of Conviction, Projectile Weakness AND Vaal Haste (can it trigger this, needs testing).

Craft Skills Cost no Mana while Focussed on Amulet (suffix) as I doubt we could sustain the storm of attacks that would ensue when we pressed focus button, especially with (31–36)% increased Attack and Cast Speed while Focussed mod on gloves.

Edit: To my great sadness, vaal skills cannot be triggered via focus. Scrap that idea. Maybe golem / phase run / withering step instead then
Last edited by SummerMelody on Oct 8, 2019, 6:28:22 PM
"
SummerMelody wrote:
Let's take it a step further.

Socket the helmet with: Blood Rage, Wave of Conviction, Projectile Weakness AND Vaal Haste (can it trigger this, needs testing).

Craft Skills Cost no Mana while Focussed on Amulet (suffix) as I doubt we could sustain the storm of attacks that would ensue when we pressed focus button, especially with (31–36)% increased Attack and Cast Speed while Focussed mod on gloves.

Edit: To my great sadness, vaal skills cannot be triggered via focus. Scrap that idea. Maybe golem / phase run / withering step instead then

I figured if cwdt didn't proc Vaal Haste, that focus mod probably wouldn't work either. Withering step seems like a good choice though idk if it actually can be triggered.

I don't know about the amulet focus mod. First off, even with Vaal Haste + 36% attack speed from focus, you can sustain mana cost of Barrage thanks to Inspiration. As for KB, it would take 10 seconds of nonstop firing of KB to run out of mana with both those buffs active, so I don't think mana would be a concern at all, especially since the buff wears offs in less than 10 seconds.

Also the amulet is typically stacked with damage mods, giving up a suffix is significant amount of damage, whether it's +1 frenzy or crit multi

And lastly, Inspiration charges rely on mana expenditure to build up. If you get unlucky and lose all your inspiration charges right before activating focus, you could effectively be stuck on a 5-link for 4 seconds, which can be very bad/counterproductive.

I think even better would be the shock focus mod on rings. That mod definitely gives the most dps of any focus mod and would probably merit dropping the frenzy but idk, it's probably too costly to change.
Last edited by Enahkra on Oct 9, 2019, 1:27:35 AM
I'm doing it!
Should i craft (11–12)% additional Physical Damage Reduction while Focussed or (7–8)% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Fire Damage on helmet?

"
SummerMelody wrote:
I'm doing it!
Should i craft (11–12)% additional Physical Damage Reduction while Focussed or (7–8)% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Fire Damage on helmet?

I'd prob stick to the 7-8% phys taken as fire just b/c it's permanent and isn't that much worse than 11-12% phys reduction.

Also, one of my playtesters tried out the socketed mod for helm and said that the wave of conviction fires off in a random direction? Maybe frost bomb should be used instead...
Last edited by Enahkra on Oct 9, 2019, 4:14:03 AM
I tested it too and it seemed to be targeting the closest enemy.

"
SummerMelody wrote:
I tested it too and it seemed to be targeting the closest enemy.

well in that case that's nice for the majority of scenarios

So shaped KB was on sale and decided i'd give it a try. Here are the items i came up with so far (everything is self crafted). Are they in the okay-tier ? Or should I reroll one of these items ? I'm asking for budget-ish reasons
"
AcidCitrus wrote:

So shaped KB was on sale and decided i'd give it a try. Here are the items i came up with so far (everything is self crafted). Are they in the okay-tier ? Or should I reroll one of these items ? I'm asking for budget-ish reasons

They're very good and perfectly fine. If you're on a budget there's also budget crafting so keep that in mind, I find them endgame viable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info