a

"
UlyUly wrote:

But it's weird, I don't really feel like this build is glass-cannony.

I'm pretty sure it's mostly a l2p issue. I just suck at moving and tend to stand still and get slapped in the face while blasting away at the boss of the day.

There is a reason you wrote this build can't facetank stuff ;) This is not a complaint against the build btw, just me thinking out loud on how to improve survivability for myself.

But a MoM/EB alternative makes sense, I will try it out! Any idea when you might be done with that? I don't want to try the "old" tree since you mentioned earlier you wanted to rework it first.
"
Sunfire00 wrote:
"
UlyUly wrote:

But it's weird, I don't really feel like this build is glass-cannony.

I'm pretty sure it's mostly a l2p issue. I just suck at moving and tend to stand still and get slapped in the face while blasting away at the boss of the day.

There is a reason you wrote this build can't facetank stuff ;) This is not a complaint against the build btw, just me thinking out loud on how to improve survivability for myself.

But a MoM/EB alternative makes sense, I will try it out! Any idea when you might be done with that? I don't want to try the "old" tree since you mentioned earlier you wanted to rework it first.

well this is my current import of my character on PoB, which uses MoM + EB

https://pastebin.com/swNehwtL

I still have to get the unique flasks tho
"
UlyUly wrote:
"
TeeBung wrote:
Is it possible to have too much fire pen? with wise oak, combustion, wave of conviction exposure, and two sambar sceptres, feels like too much

Yeah, there is something like 'too much' fire penm I'd say it's after you get 90%+ res pen/reduction.

Well since bosses like shaper/elder only have 40% res, wouldn't it be better overall to go for more % damage after wise oak + wave of conviction since thats 40% pen? unless it doesnt stack additively which I wouldn't be aware of
"
TeeBung wrote:
"
UlyUly wrote:
"
TeeBung wrote:
Is it possible to have too much fire pen? with wise oak, combustion, wave of conviction exposure, and two sambar sceptres, feels like too much

Yeah, there is something like 'too much' fire penm I'd say it's after you get 90%+ res pen/reduction.

Well since bosses like shaper/elder only have 40% res, wouldn't it be better overall to go for more % damage after wise oak + wave of conviction since thats 40% pen? unless it doesnt stack additively which I wouldn't be aware of

It does indeed stack additively, but you can put enemies' resistances into negatives, which means MORE damage!
"
theFoffo wrote:

well this is my current import of my character on PoB, which uses MoM + EB

https://pastebin.com/swNehwtL

I still have to get the unique flasks tho

Thanks for this!
It also shows me that adjusting the tree is a minor thing, mostly 5-10 points or so to shift around. But the pastebin also shows me that it's mostly a gear issue. You have 1800 ES and 5300 Life, I still run around with 4700 Life and 650 ES.

Granted, you have a couple of levels more than me, but still. Gear I'd say.
"
Sunfire00 wrote:

Thanks for this!
It also shows me that adjusting the tree is a minor thing, mostly 5-10 points or so to shift around. But the pastebin also shows me that it's mostly a gear issue. You have 1800 ES and 5300 Life, I still run around with 4700 Life and 650 ES.

Yea, most of the tankyness comes from Cerberus Limb + Lioneye's shield.

After posting this I found a decent 7% max life jewel, so now I'm sitting at 5,5k hp

The shield is super cheap, like 5 chaos, while the Cerberus Limb goes for 25c usually
"
theFoffo wrote:
"
Sunfire00 wrote:

Thanks for this!

Yea, most of the tankyness comes from Cerberus Limb + Lioneye's shield.

After posting this I found a decent 7% max life jewel, so now I'm sitting at 5,5k hp

The shield is super cheap, like 5 chaos, while the Cerberus Limb goes for 25c usually

Changed some stuff around to make the MoM/EB variant have 8.5k ehp and 2mil dps instead of 3, I am gonna credit you for inspiring me to do that :)
Oh true, is there a way to find out just how much more damage it is in the negatives? like on pob or something

Cheers for making this too, been using it and others' comments as a baseline for my CI version which is going super well.
So I am also enjoying this build so far, currently able to do yellow map but lacks currency to unlock tier 7-9 map so I'm settling with tier 5 6 atm.

These are my gears, can anyone help me with improving them? My current goal is the 2 sambar sceptres and 6 link Carcass Jack, is this a good aim or should I look for something else?

Having alot of fun with the build still but having a few questions that i cant fill in. 1. Dex is a small issue, i cant keep stone golem level 7 with as little Dex i currently have, i substitute with some crafted Dex and a Jewel. But this is wasting alot of utility and damage im sure, how can i get past this? Also,what is a good source for some ES in this build? I know alot isnt needed, but i would like some for added survivability since we have ES leech from fire dmg in passive tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info