a

I am tinkering with my own version of the build, right now I'm running Mind over Matter and Eldritch battery while using Herald of Ash, Herald of Purity and Zealotry.

I decided to try this solution since I wanted more layers of defense (MoM + Eldritch Battery and the minions spawned by Herald of Purity)

Without these I was getting killed a lot in t6 maps, now been doing up to t8 with no deaths yet, feeling pretty good.

I am using an Incandescent Heart for the chest piece (ES, life and more damage with the extra non chaos damage converted to chaos) and then Voll's Vision for the head waiting for an upgrade. The rest is goodish rares.

I will have to squeeze in more energy shield tho, I'd like to have at least as much as 30% of my HP pool so that my EHP are effectively increased by that amount thanks to MoM

This means I cannot use arcane surge (since you use energy shield instead of mana so the buff doesn't proc), but this also means I can link Increased AoE to my Wave of Conviction along with increased duration, it's a big qol change that allows to apply the exposure to a lot more mobs togheter and from further away
Last edited by theFoffo on Mar 13, 2019, 7:02:47 PM
Why Wave of Conviction instead of Flammability? The curse has a bigger debuff and also increases ignite chance. WoC sacrifices both of those benefits for the sake of damage we already have plenty of. What am I missing? Does WoC's Exposure affect curse-immunes?
Last edited by Guurzak on Mar 13, 2019, 9:14:06 PM
"
Guurzak wrote:
Why Wave of Conviction instead of Flammability? The curse has a bigger debuff and also increases ignite chance. WoC sacrifices both of those benefits for the sake of damage we already have plenty of. What am I missing? Does WoC's Exposure affect curse-immunes?

Basically, we are using WoC because of these three reasons:

1. Exposure applies to curse immune enemies.
2. Bosses have reduced effect of curses on them, which makes flammability actually worse than WoC
3. We are already using one curse, Warlord's Mark (from our ring, and without special items we cannot curse enemies with more than one curse at once.
Does purifying flame deal good single target for bosses? I will try this build later.
"
UlyUly wrote:
"
Guurzak wrote:

Basically, we are using WoC because of these three reasons:

1. Exposure applies to curse immune enemies.
2. Bosses have reduced effect of curses on them, which makes flammability actually worse than WoC
3. We are already using one curse, Warlord's Mark (from our ring, and without special items we cannot curse enemies with more than one curse at once.

Additionally we need something to reliably crack open barrels, urns and vases. PF is really really bad at that ;)
Hi again,

I was able to purchase some cheap items and finally got the links for the gems as described in the guide, res caped for now (will see what I have to upgrade after I'm done with act 10) all is working great so far.

Just a minor correction:

In the gem section, helmet slot:

"Vaal Righteous Fire = Increased Duration /// Herald of Ash = Zealotry... The gem links on the item should look like that: R=R B=R, not like that R=R=B=R."

Links should be B=R B=R.

I didn't look very close to the posted gems and didn't see they are in fact 2 blues and 2 reds, just went ahead and bought a nice helm with RRRB as described, then realised I needed RRBB. Lucky for me I could change the colors with just 1 chrome:).

Thank you
"
Ruffus_01 wrote:
Hi again,

I was able to purchase some cheap items and finally got the links for the gems as described in the guide, res caped for now (will see what I have to upgrade after I'm done with act 10) all is working great so far.

Just a minor correction:

In the gem section, helmet slot:

"Vaal Righteous Fire = Increased Duration /// Herald of Ash = Zealotry... The gem links on the item should look like that: R=R B=R, not like that R=R=B=R."

Links should be B=R B=R.

I didn't look very close to the posted gems and didn't see they are in fact 2 blues and 2 reds, just went ahead and bought a nice helm with RRRB as described, then realised I needed RRBB. Lucky for me I could change the colors with just 1 chrome:).

Thank you

Oh yeah, that section wasn't updated since zealotry was out, I just assumed it's gonna be a red gem (was pretty obvious that it will be blue tho).

Thanks for commenting that!
"
UlyUly wrote:

To be honest all of them are great. Flat damage is better than % damage tho, so Physical Damage to Spells is the most important/best stat you can get on a jewel. Then I'd focus on some Fire Damage to Spells and Critical Strike Multiplier.

sorry just want to clarify, because we took avatar of fire node, 100% of all physical is converted to fire (50%+50% from skill gem) right?

so if that's the case, wouldn't double t1 physical be better? merciless+flaring.

also, from your skill gems links,

Vaal Righteous Fire = Increased Duration /// Herald of Ash = Zealotry

herald of ash and zealotry doesn't need to be linked right? since linking auras together doesn't do much i think? if so, wouldn't it be better to have the following setup:

wep1: Vaal RF = increased duration /// herald of ash OR zealotry
wep2: herald of ash OR zealotry /// CWDT = Cold Snap

Boots: Holy flame totem = multiple totem = elemental focus = controlled destruction
"
theFoffo wrote:
I am tinkering with my own version of the build, right now I'm running Mind over Matter and Eldritch battery while using Herald of Ash, Herald of Purity and Zealotry.

I decided to try this solution since I wanted more layers of defense (MoM + Eldritch Battery and the minions spawned by Herald of Purity)

Without these I was getting killed a lot in t6 maps, now been doing up to t8 with no deaths yet, feeling pretty good.

I am using an Incandescent Heart for the chest piece (ES, life and more damage with the extra non chaos damage converted to chaos) and then Voll's Vision for the head waiting for an upgrade. The rest is goodish rares.

I will have to squeeze in more energy shield tho, I'd like to have at least as much as 30% of my HP pool so that my EHP are effectively increased by that amount thanks to MoM

This means I cannot use arcane surge (since you use energy shield instead of mana so the buff doesn't proc), but this also means I can link Increased AoE to my Wave of Conviction along with increased duration, it's a big qol change that allows to apply the exposure to a lot more mobs togheter and from further away

Incandescent Heart extra elementas as chaos doesn't work for us since we use Avatar of Fire :)
Considering running 2 cwdt setups:

(low level) cwdt - enfeeble - IC

(leveled) cwdt-armageddon brand - molten shell - life leech

I know this is a huge drop in leech from warlords mark but this makes the inventory less restricted and adds some fun stuff, and we take less damage due to enfeeble. Is this remotely viable?

Thanks
Last edited by llama on Mar 14, 2019, 9:33:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info