[3.7] Champion Ice Spear Totem (Lazy Build For Delve 1000+)

Ended up making some huge changes to the tree. Dropped a ton of life nodes for more damage, and now things are dying. Maybe once I somehow grind 24 ex for the shield i can re-allocate the life, but until then I see myself running at ~5.5k life. Which is still pretty okay with all of our layers of defense.
I can't see a way to improve your dps, unless 22ex shield and another set of rings.

Can you post your skill tree? What did you invest in instead of life?
My profile should be public. Character is "IceSpearIsAMeme"
Very interesting, to expend toward Shaman's dominion
Digging this build (pun intended lol!)

Anyone got ideas on how I can improve my char?
Another link to my guide on Page 11, recommend reading it for anyone looking for some notes
Inc Crit Dmg is a mistake! Get Controlled Destruction for 10% More dmg.

"
Beverice wrote:
Having problems in delve. Things don't die fast enough, and I end up overrun.

Pastebin if you care https://pastebin.com/AZghB2Vu

That wep makes me sad :( inc crit chance for spells does basically nothing for us. I would not multimod that wep for our build. If you had my wep you'd have 8.5% More dps. Pretty big difference imo considering they cost about the same. I'd try to sell the one you have and get a new one.

Use Controlled Destruction instead of Inc Crit Dmg -> 9.5% inc
If you switched out Arcane Surge gloves for Ele Weak you'd gain 25% dmg. Up to you whether or not that's worth it over Enfeeble. But I think having enfeeble on hit gloves on a trash pair of gloves is better than relying on OoS. Most of the mobs we hit are not within OoS range, so you're not getting good Enfeeble application.
Also I highly recommend getting at least 1 knockback jewel. It does help keep mobs away to inc Stage 2 hitting = more damage.

"
Fertis wrote:

Tried to find that node, but couldn't, searching for "mana" in the tree did not highlight anything, can you tell me the name of the node?

Seems like viewing the tree from the website is buggy, I don't see it now. Sometimes it doesn't load any jewels at all!

"
wildbodom wrote:
"
vegeto079 wrote:

-Get a diamond flask!! it's like 30% dps. You can replace the Jade.
The rest is good :)

What flasks do you recommend?
I am currently using:
- 2x blood of karui I find 1 being not enough
- Critical lucky with duration and unfreeze roll
- Diamond flask with Reduce charge used and bleeding
- 28% movement speed quicksilver flask

Most would recommend Dying Sun, but I m not sure if it's really that big of upgrade to dps?

Remember crit chance doesn't do much for us so critical flask isn't really worth it. Dying Sun is a pretty big upgrade over that, I recommend 2x Karui/Dying Sun/Diamond/Movement, similar to what you have. PoB says Dying Sun is 20% more dps (it'll be less effectively, since proj miss, but still a good upgrade).
"
pajamapants wrote:
Digging this build (pun intended lol!)

Anyone got ideas on how I can improve my char?

-The gloves almost literally do nothing, get any gloves with Enfeeble on Hit (for defense) or Ele Weak on hit (for offense, 30% dmg).
-The boots aren't a good choice - they give Attack Speed, which does nothing for us (we Cast, not Attack). If you can get any boots with the "Penetrates #% of Elemental Resistance if you have not killed recently" it will up damage by about 5%. (note we never kill, only our totems do, so its always active)
-The belt is a doozy, you could get a similar belt that at least gives some life. You could probably pick up some res from switching out boots and gloves.
-Switch Inc Crit Dmg for Controlled Destruction for about 10% dps.
-I recommend removing the jewel slot at the very top of the tree, it's 4 points you can put into life.
Last edited by vegeto079 on Mar 29, 2019, 2:26:29 PM
"
vegeto079 wrote:
]That wep makes me sad :( inc crit chance for spells does basically nothing for us. I would not multimod that wep for our build. If you had my wep you'd have 8.5% More dps. Pretty big difference imo considering they cost about the same. I'd try to sell the one you have and get a new one.

Use Controlled Destruction instead of Inc Crit Dmg -> 9.5% inc
If you switched out Arcane Surge gloves for Ele Weak you'd gain 25% dmg. Up to you whether or not that's worth it over Enfeeble. But I think having enfeeble on hit gloves on a trash pair of gloves is better than relying on OoS. Most of the mobs we hit are not within OoS range, so you're not getting good Enfeeble application.
Also I highly recommend getting at least 1 knockback jewel. It does help keep mobs away to inc Stage 2 hitting = more damage.

Really good tips. When I was making the weapon I was kinda just blindly following the weapon in the guide.

Right now i use OoS for delve in tight spaces or fighting bosses. I'd like to get a pair of gloves with it, but don't see that happening with CotP.

Eventually, I think I'll just go with frostbite on ring when I can somehow gather enough currency to get the shield. No idea how that's going to happen though.
"
Beverice wrote:
Really good tips. When I was making the weapon I was kinda just blindly following the weapon in the guide.

Right now i use OoS for delve in tight spaces or fighting bosses. I'd like to get a pair of gloves with it, but don't see that happening with CotP.

Eventually, I think I'll just go with frostbite on ring when I can somehow gather enough currency to get the shield. No idea how that's going to happen though.

I would say the corrupt on glove would be much better than having Arcane Surge. Even though that's losing some damage, you gain a bunch of defense with Enfeeble applying to virtually all enemies. CotP is really only worth it if you can also have the corrupt.
You can find some glove with a useful trait, for example I use Rampage gloves, which I think work great.

Don't forget assassin's mark ring is more dps than frostbite as well.

Also nice helm :) I'm jealous of the life roll and free res.
Last edited by vegeto079 on Mar 29, 2019, 5:58:17 PM
Took down shaper for the first time ever, went good. Used many self found items.

Last edited by Z4kki on Mar 30, 2019, 12:58:35 AM
The helmet was a nice hit. Took 2 tries, so not too bad. I didn't use a sanctified, I went with prismatic for more ele mods.

I just did some new PoB tinkering and found these links to be my highest damage output now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info