[3.7] Champion Ice Spear Totem (Lazy Build For Delve 1000+)

"
Asag wrote:
@vegeto079

Any reason why you chose elder base for helm? I dont see any elder specific mod on your? Or maybe you was hoping to get something from elder mod?

I was being a dufus, wanted Shaper for the chance at +damage to spells but didn't realize I bought Elder till it was too late. So no real reason.
"
ThngsLikeThis wrote:
Hey guys ;)

I am a little confused. Just bought my 6-Link Soul Mantle..

Main 6 link to start:
Ice Spear
Multiple Totems
GMP
Controlled Destruction
Cold Penetration
Faster Casting

Once you get Pandemonious, switch Cold Penetration for Hypothermia
If you feel you have enough damage, switch out Faster Casting or Controlled Destruction for Increased Item Rarity
If you get a nice +2 to +4 chest, switch Faster Casting or Controlled Destruction for Empower 4.

Also, QOL of summoning 2 totems at once far outweighs the damage decrease, and remember it also increases the amount you can summon by 2. But feel free to try without it.

Also I recommend reading my comprehensive help on page 11 as it will help you get your damage going.

"
klaymored wrote:
Thanks to all contributors to the guide. Much appreciated.

I have a question regarding positioning. It's my first totem build and I can't grasp the intricate details on how to position your totems for proper IS 2nd stage procs. Since totems taunt, melee mobs gang up on the totems and they deal less damage. How to battle that?

I want to accelerate my gameplay (to the extent that totems allow ofc), since I feel I'm playing slower than I could. Share your secrets, folks.

I find knockback on jewels is good to help the situation. Also once you get enough damage it'll become less of an issue naturally.
Last edited by vegeto079 on Mar 26, 2019, 7:17:55 PM
Thx a lot ;)

I just crafted this for 8ex total, how much would it sell for, anyone?
"
vegeto079 wrote:

Here's the weapon:

The only feasible improvements I can think of are:
-Natural t1 cast speed
-Gain #% of Cold as Chaos instead of #-# flat damage

well this and you could craft a synthesized version with two or three implicit mods ;)
You will never be happy if
you continue to search for
what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are
looking for the meaning of life.
"
feuerbach wrote:
"
vegeto079 wrote:

Here's the weapon:

The only feasible improvements I can think of are:
-Natural t1 cast speed
-Gain #% of Cold as Chaos instead of #-# flat damage

well this and you could craft a synthesized version with two or three implicit mods ;)

IIRC you can not get shaper/elder items in fractured/synthesized versions

btw. could you guys check whether I'm on a good way with my Char?

trying to get deeper into PoE with every Season I play, but until now I have never seen the "endgame", so I would appreciate some tips for my char.

btw: thank's vegeto079 for keeping this alive
"
Fertis wrote:
"
feuerbach wrote:

IIRC you can not get shaper/elder items in fractured/synthesized versions

Looking at synthesized mods (and their usefulness):
Here's a theoretical Synthesized weapon that beats my theoretical Shaper weapon by 4% DPS. BUT it requires a mirror-tier 3-mod synthesis. 2-mods will be short by at least 1% DPS, but still can compete with mirror-tier mods.
Synthesized

12% increased cast speed
+30% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
30% increased Cold Damage
Gain 6% of Cold Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
--
79% increased Spell Damage
30% increased Cold Damage
Adds 10 to 133 Lightning Damage to Spells
25% increased Cast Speed
+38% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
Gain 13% of Cold Damage as Extra Chaos Damage

Shaper

40% increased Elemental Damage
--
79% increased Spell Damage
25% increased Cast Speed
+38% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
Gain 13% of Cold Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
Gain 20% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
Damage Penetrates 10% Elemental Resistances

"
wildbodom wrote:

I just crafted this for 8ex total, how much would it sell for, anyone?

The base is like 3-6ex and anyone can craft the mods, so just do base + crafting cost + convenience fee (1-2ex).

"
Fertis wrote:
btw. could you guys check whether I'm on a good way with my Char?

-The jewel slot at the top of your tree isn't worth 4 points imo. The jewel is only giving damage right now. I'd rather have 4 5% life nodes.
-You have one passive point allocated to a Mana spot near the life wheel. Reallocate to life!
-Your Knockback jewel could be upgraded for cheap, crit chance doesn't do much because ice spear crit chance is already very high. If you can get life or crit multi it will be much better.
-Recommend getting gloves with Ele Weak (if you want damage) or Enfeeble (if you want defense) on hit, both are very effective slots. You can get a garbage pair and make up for the lost res elsewhere
-On that note your belt could be improved very cheap for a 60+ life 90+ allres.
-Recommend getting tukohama's shield when you can for the life and damage
-Cast speed on the weapon is very useful, your weapon has a potential for a good upgrade. use this search to sort by DPS/price
-Get a diamond flask!! it's like 30% dps. You can replace the Jade.
The rest is good :)
Last edited by vegeto079 on Mar 27, 2019, 1:45:51 PM
"
vegeto079 wrote:

What flasks do you recommend?
I am currently using:
- 2x blood of karui I find 1 being not enough
- Critical lucky with duration and unfreeze roll
- Diamond flask with Reduce charge used and bleeding
- 28% movement speed quicksilver flask

Most would recommend Dying Sun, but I m not sure if it's really that big of upgrade to dps?
"
vegeto079 wrote:

-The jewel slot at the top of your tree isn't worth 4 points imo. The jewel is only giving damage right now. I'd rather have 4 5% life nodes.

Thank's, I totally forgot about that, used these nodes when I only had a 4-L, was low on damage and thought that would be useful
"
vegeto079 wrote:

-You have one passive point allocated to a Mana spot near the life wheel. Reallocate to life!

Tried to find that node, but couldn't, searching for "mana" in the tree did not highlight anything, can you tell me the name of the node?
"
vegeto079 wrote:

-Your Knockback jewel could be upgraded for cheap, crit chance doesn't do much because ice spear crit chance is already very high. If you can get life or crit multi it will be much better.

Found a cheap one with Totem Damage on it, but Jewels will definitly need more upgrades in the near future
"
vegeto079 wrote:

-Recommend getting gloves with Ele Weak (if you want damage) or Enfeeble (if you want defense) on hit, both are very effective slots. You can get a garbage pair and make up for the lost res elsewhere
-On that note your belt could be improved very cheap for a 60+ life 90+ allres.
-Recommend getting tukohama's shield when you can for the life and damage

Changed Gloves and Belt to be prepared to switch to Tukohama, will do that once I find a cheap one with high life rolls
"
vegeto079 wrote:

-Cast speed on the weapon is very useful, your weapon has a potential for a good upgrade. use this search to sort by DPS/price

This is my biggest problem, I think i will have to learn how to use PoB to find the the weighting of stats for me, maybe I have the time to do that his evening
"
vegeto079 wrote:

already changed that and will have a look for possible upgrades in the near future

Thank's a lot, really appreciate your work!
Last edited by Fertis on Mar 28, 2019, 4:19:21 AM
Having problems in delve. Things don't die fast enough, and I end up overrun.

Pastebin if you care https://pastebin.com/AZghB2Vu

Ended up making some huge changes to the tree. Dropped a ton of life nodes for more damage, and now things are dying. Maybe once I somehow grind 24 ex for the shield i can re-allocate the life, but until then I see myself running at ~5.5k life. Which is still pretty okay with all of our layers of defense.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info