[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

Spoiler
"
obliviousBC wrote:
Pretty much done with the league as well, so I figured I'd post my take on this kind of character as well, using QotF for maximum zoom zoom. I threw a few Kintsugis into the corruption altar (hoping to get a +gem level one for hard content), but no luck. :( EB+MoM Trickster is already pretty beefy on its own (I don't think there were more than a handful of moments where I thought "Damn, a bit more mitigation would be nice right now!"), so QotF is definitely more than adequate for all of the content the game has to offer.

Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/iUJKL63N

"
Fluxje wrote:
The only thing I still want to do is make a talisman out of my amulet after divining it, and double corrupting the chest, just have not seen a corruption chamber for a month.

Afaik you can't use Jorgin's crafting bench on Shaped/Elder items (at least in Betrayal and I don't think they changed it).

"
fabi06 wrote:
How do we get a synth bow with +1 to socketed gems?
theyre superduper expensive on poetrade :O

Octavian has a video on how to target the +1 Gems implicit (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyRC8xQk0q4). This should be a bit cheaper than buying a base/using fractured +1 explicits to synthesise one (on average).

How much does it cost, and how do you go about crafting wands like that?
"
Foot wrote:

Do you mean the synthesised base for the first one or multimodded wands in general? I'll try to break down both:

For the synthesised base:

Spoiler
Buy three wands (base doesn't matter) with "Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier" (NACDoT) as the single fractured mod. Make sure that one is at least iLvl 78 if you want to have T1 NACDoT on this wand. Scour, regal and annul all three, then throw them into the Synthesiser.

You need a total of at least 36% NACDoT across all three wands for the second highest implicit tier (11-12%) and at least 91% NACDoT for T1 (13%-15%) (you can look this up here: https://poedb.tw/us/ItemSynthesisMods). When I crafted mine at the very start of the league (before all the Nexus patches), there were practically no wands with 30%+ NACDoT on the market and the price for lower ones was similar to the price of 30%+ ones today (1ex+), so I settled for a T2 implicit. The total cost for a T1 base right now would be somewhere around 4ex+, a bit more than 1ex for a T2 base.

Keep in mind that depending on your amount of NACDoT and increased Damage elsewhere, a normal "42% increased Spell Damage" implicit may actually be better on one or even both of your wands. Use PoB to figure out which is the case for you.

For a multimodded wand with T1 NACDoT:

Spoiler
Spam Alterations until you hit T1 (at least 34%) NACDoT. This is quite rare, so expect to spend a lot of Alterations on it (I think I hit it thrice in 2k). If you get a magic item with two affixes, try to annul the suffix. There's a 50% chance of success, go back to spamming Alterations if you're unlucky and hit the NACDoT.

Once you have a magic item with 1 affix (the T1 NACDoT prefix), regal and annul it. You're finished and can multimod the wand if you hit the new affix (divine the NACDoT to 38% via Beastcrafting first). Otherwise, you'll need to scour and go back to spamming Alterations. Total Cost: 2ex for the multimod, plus however many Alterations/Regals/Annuls you need to get to a rare item with only the T1 NACDoT (probably somewhere around 2ex if you're moderately lucky).

You could theoretically imprint your magic item before using the Annul or Regal as described above, but from my experience with the rarity of the T1 NACDoT mod, starting over is imo still cheaper than paying 70c for a Craicic Chimeral (which only gives you a second try and doesn't guarantee the desired outcome). The same goes for splitting the rare item with two affixes with a Fenumal Plagued Arachnid (currently 1.4ex).

For a multimodded wand with the Decay mod:

Spoiler
You can only get the Decay mod from an Essence of Delirium (which gives you a rare wand with this mod guaranteed), so you need to isolate it somehow. There's multiple ways to do this. You could throw Annuls at the item and hope that Decay is the last affix standing, but that's very RNG-heavy and expensive (1/4 chance for an item with 4 affixes, at ~1ex per try).

A better way is to spam Essences of Delirium until you get a wand with only one suffix (the Essence mod) and at least one open prefix. Annuls and the "Add a Prefix, remove a Suffix" Beastcrafting recipe can help you get there. You can then craft multimod + "Suffixes cannot be changed", scour and finally add the rest of your crafted mods. Total cost: 2ex for multimod, 2ex for "Suffixes cannot be changed", plus however many Essences of Delirium/Annuls/Beasts you need to get to a rare item with only one suffix and an open prefix.

Last edited by obliviousBC on Apr 14, 2019, 8:58:39 AM
So I went with the cerberus limb/lioneye's remorse route with the perfect form, devouring diadem, and atziri's step. I run zealotry, arctic armour, grace, and malevolence. I feel like (or I know), I have too much ES to life. Can someone take a look at my gear through my profile or PoB and let me know what to change? I still have a ton of ES passives to gain on the tree as well which will make it go higher than it already is.

https://pastebin.com/AHmHbHKn
Spoiler
"
obliviousBC wrote:
"
Foot wrote:

Do you mean the synthesised base for the first one or multimodded wands in general? I'll try to break down both:

For the synthesised base:

Spoiler
Buy three wands (base doesn't matter) with "Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier" (NACDoT) as the single fractured mod. Make sure that one is at least iLvl 78 if you want to have T1 NACDoT on this wand. Scour, regal and annul all three, then throw them into the Synthesiser.

You need a total of at least 36% NACDoT across all three wands for the second highest implicit tier (11-12%) and at least 91% NACDoT for T1 (13%-15%) (you can look this up here: https://poedb.tw/us/ItemSynthesisMods). When I crafted mine at the very start of the league (before all the Nexus patches), there were practically no wands with 30%+ NACDoT on the market and the price for lower ones was similar to the price of 30%+ ones today (1ex+), so I settled for a T2 implicit. The total cost for a T1 base right now would be somewhere around 4ex+, a bit more than 1ex for a T2 base.

Keep in mind that depending on your amount of NACDoT and increased Damage elsewhere, a normal "42% increased Spell Damage" implicit may actually be better on one or even both of your wands. Use PoB to figure out which is the case for you.

For a multimodded wand with T1 NACDoT:

Spoiler
Spam Alterations until you hit T1 (at least 34%) NACDoT. This is quite rare, so expect to spend a lot of Alterations on it (I think I hit it thrice in 2k). If you get a magic item with two affixes, try to annul the suffix. There's a 50% chance of success, go back to spamming Alterations if you're unlucky and hit the NACDoT.

Once you have a magic item with 1 affix (the T1 NACDoT prefix), regal and annul it. You're finished and can multimod the wand if you hit the new affix (divine the NACDoT to 38% via Beastcrafting first). Otherwise, you'll need to scour and go back to spamming Alterations. Total Cost: 2ex for the multimod, plus however many Alterations/Regals/Annuls you need to get to a rare item with only the T1 NACDoT (probably somewhere around 2ex if you're moderately lucky).

You could theoretically imprint your magic item before using the Annul or Regal as described above, but from my experience with the rarity of the T1 NACDoT mod, starting over is imo still cheaper than paying 70c for a Craicic Chimeral (which only gives you a second try and doesn't guarantee the desired outcome). The same goes for splitting the rare item with two affixes with a Fenumal Plagued Arachnid (currently 1.4ex).

For a multimodded wand with the Decay mod:

Spoiler
You can only get the Decay mod from an Essence of Delirium (which gives you a rare wand with this mod guaranteed), so you need to isolate it somehow. There's multiple ways to do this. You could throw Annuls at the item and hope that Decay is the last affix standing, but that's very RNG-heavy and expensive (1/4 chance for an item with 4 affixes, at ~1ex per try).

A better way is to spam Essences of Delirium until you get a wand with only one suffix (the Essence mod) and at least one open prefix. Annuls and the "Add a Prefix, remove a Suffix" Beastcrafting recipe can help you get there. You can then craft multimod + "Suffixes cannot be changed", scour and finally add the rest of your crafted mods. Total cost: 2ex for multimod, 2ex for "Suffixes cannot be changed", plus however many Essences of Delirium/Annuls/Beasts you need to get to a rare item with only one suffix and an open prefix.

And here I was hoping for a nice cheap build to complete challenges with lol. Are there any worthwhile weapons out there that can be used until I can afford the expensive multimodding?
Disclaimer: I obviously don't know what I am doing compared to you guys.

I'd like to upgrade my gear and have < 100 chaos to do so. I was planning on starting by getting an essense worm ring to replace the low level ring I have. After that I was going to get a 6L for swift affliction. But then I lose max resistances and I can't seem to get them back with any upgrades elsewhere. So is my problem that with essence worm, I can't easily make upgrades to keep max resistances? Or do I just not having enough currency?

I'm at 3.9k health and 1.9k mana. I think that is okay for level 81 but not sure.

I'm on tier 5 maps and don't have any problems killing/staying alive. But I have noticed some regular mobs take 2 hits to die now. Is that normal or bad? I'm not very experience player but I usually keep myself geared well enough to one shot regular mobs at the lower levels at least.

Any simple/basic tips would be appreciated as well.
I bought a QotF, can somebody help me figure out how to take advantage of the move speed? Is it just a matter of stacking jade and stibnite flasks? Am I supposed to stack dex too? On gear or what?
IGN: SirCritoris
I bought a QotF, can somebody help me figure out how to take advantage of the move speed? Is it just a matter of stacking jade and stibnite flasks? Am I supposed to stack dex too? On gear or what?

I'm also using vaal grace atm in an essence worm instead of malevolence, because I'm level 70 and my damage is fine.
IGN: SirCritoris
"
sdexile wrote:
Disclaimer: I obviously don't know what I am doing compared to you guys.

I'd like to upgrade my gear and have < 100 chaos to do so. I was planning on starting by getting an essense worm ring to replace the low level ring I have. After that I was going to get a 6L for swift affliction. But then I lose max resistances and I can't seem to get them back with any upgrades elsewhere. So is my problem that with essence worm, I can't easily make upgrades to keep max resistances? Or do I just not having enough currency?

I'm at 3.9k health and 1.9k mana. I think that is okay for level 81 but not sure.

I'm on tier 5 maps and don't have any problems killing/staying alive. But I have noticed some regular mobs take 2 hits to die now. Is that normal or bad? I'm not very experience player but I usually keep myself geared well enough to one shot regular mobs at the lower levels at least.

Any simple/basic tips would be appreciated as well.

Your character is set to private. Make it public on "privacy settings"
"
Foot wrote:
And here I was hoping for a nice cheap build to complete challenges with lol. Are there any worthwhile weapons out there that can be used until I can afford the expensive multimodding?

Well, multimodding will always cost at least 2ex for the multimod craft, so it's obviously not the best choice for a first weapon. It's not like wands like those (or a multimodded bow) are required for the build though, you can get a wand with 30%+ NACDoT and a bit of Spell Damage/Chaos Damage/similar stats for like 20-30c.
Last edited by obliviousBC on Apr 15, 2019, 12:06:55 PM
"
obliviousBC wrote:
Pretty much done with the league as well, so I figured I'd post my take on this kind of character, using QotF for maximum zoom zoom. I threw a few Kintsugis into the corruption altar (hoping to get a +gem level one for hard content), but no luck. :( EB+MoM Trickster is already pretty beefy on its own (I don't think there were more than a handful of moments where I thought "Damn, a bit more mitigation would be nice right now!"), so QotF is definitely more than adequate for all of the content the game has to offer.

Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/iUJKL63N

"
Fluxje wrote:
The only thing I still want to do is make a talisman out of my amulet after divining it, and double corrupting the chest, just have not seen a corruption chamber for a month.

how did you make the gloves

Afaik you can't use Jorgin's crafting bench on Shaped/Elder items (at least in Betrayal and I don't think they changed it).

"
fabi06 wrote:
How do we get a synth bow with +1 to socketed gems?
theyre superduper expensive on poetrade :O

Octavian has a video on how to target the +1 Gems implicit (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyRC8xQk0q4). This should be a bit cheaper than buying a base/using fractured +1 explicits to synthesise one (on average).

how did you craft the gloves?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info