[3.6] Winter Orb CWC Ice Spears. 8.6k hp ,slayer leech, 9.8-10.7 mil dps ,Depth 749, easy Uber Elder

"
CallOfTheVoid wrote:
"
SilverWF wrote:

I hope you understand, that your staff must be 75+ iLvl?

Yes, and I've hit each mod individually a number of times.

I'm just questioning that it's only 10 ex or so to craft the staff when I'm about that deep in just alterations. :)

I spent around 8ex trying to get the mods. Alts, Augmentations and even tried many times to regal after I hit one of the mods to have at least the chance to hit the right mod with an annulment.

Shortly before I was out of currency I hit CWC 20 with some bad mod together. Just annuled the blue one and got lucky to hit the other mod. Imprinted the 20CWC more than 5 times and tried again with Aug, regal but didn'T hit double damage. (If going this route you should have CWC and try to get double damage as it has two tiers with 20% and only different attack speed)

Sold all my spare currency and things to get back some currency than decided to just go the multimod route with 20 CWC. You loose "only" 10% double damage:

Overall I went slayer with Vaal Pact Gloves. Still missing Unnatural Instinct and Pandemonious Amulet. Also nor have a Watcher's eye nor Aspect of the Spider. Using currently Zealotry instead especially for the more multiplier.

Have to admit that the build is less tanky than I expected. Although I think the tankiness will increase with Spider and Watcher's eye. Also using a triple balanced Wise Oak for more damage reduction.

Did all content expect UE and most of the time only die due to stupid mistakes or my currently bad setup (14" laptop: i5-8250U and geforce mx150 compared to 27" wide screen and high-end hardware...).

Still have to work on UE but so far I'm not able to deal with it with a CWC setup and only a 4 second Winter Orb. Leech seems to never be up... Considering picking up some of the Duration nodes.

At the end of last league I played another WO (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2285097) were I was able to kill everything and which also dealt a lot of damage. Was simpler to gear and due to 12s WO was better for mapping. Probably similar expensive for high-end content. Especially has a more expensive Entchant and Inpulsa but no Unnatural Instinct.

You can have a look at both setups in my Profile. This build: IceSpeary. The other WO build: Orbant

If you have any question or recommendations feel free to ask :) Post got longer than expected...

PS: I hate Flame Dash! Seems to never work when necessary...
"
Gnomiro wrote:

Overall I went slayer with Vaal Pact Gloves. Still missing Unnatural Instinct and Pandemonious Amulet. Also nor have a Watcher's eye nor Aspect of the Spider. Using currently Zealotry instead especially for the more multiplier.

Have to admit that the build is less tanky than I expected. Although I think the tankiness will increase with Spider and Watcher's eye. Also using a triple balanced Wise Oak for more damage reduction.

Well, your gear seems good, that strange.
POB shows 2.3 kk DPS (focussed and vaal RF). Also u have 8k HP and 3k leech
While budget version, posted of the OP has 3.3 kk DPS, without pandemonius and UI
UI is not a saver, I've added it to your tree and DPS became 2.5kk

Maybe OP can clarify :)

P.S. Dang, you have wasted 15+ ex and still have DPS equal to my spectre summoner with 1-2 ex budget...
I'm Russian and I love it.
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
Last edited by SilverWF on Mar 22, 2019, 12:41:46 PM
started this build last night and i'm really enjoying it so far. would someone mind taking a look at my tree and let me know what nodes i should prioritize next or if i should respec anything. i'm thinking written in blood then doom cast. would potency of will be better for leveling? i'm at ~1500 life and my clear speed feels great.

gonna look for better wands and work on my gem setups tonight

edit: storm burst with infused channeling was a great setup before getting winter orb
Last edited by qaizr on Mar 22, 2019, 1:03:43 PM
"
qaizr wrote:
gonna look for better wands and work on my gem setups tonight

Don't waste your time and money until 3rd ascendancy
Acts can be done in the any gear and spec.
The main problems always come at top-tier red maps...
Til that - just follow the build as much as u can
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
What level should we switch over to staff and start getting into staff nodes? Recommend a good unique staff?

How are you guys sustaining life at lower levels? Cold dmg leech isn't available on gear yet.
"
SilverWF wrote:
"
Gnomiro wrote:

Well, your gear seems good, that strange.
POB shows 2.3 kk DPS (focussed and vaal RF). Also u have 8k HP and 3k leech
While budget version, posted of the OP has 3.3 kk DPS, without pandemonius and UI
UI is not a saver, I've added it to your tree and DPS became 2.5kk

Maybe OP can clarify :)

P.S. Dang, you have wasted 15+ ex and still have DPS equal to my spectre summoner with 1-2 ex budget...

After being unlucky with crafting and evn 6-linkig got lucky while annuling a warlords mark ring and crafted Aspect of the Spider. Feels a lot better now with the additional slow!
"
What level should we switch over to staff and start getting into staff nodes? Recommend a good unique staff?

How are you guys sustaining life at lower levels? Cold dmg leech isn't available on gear yet.

At that lvl, when you can get at least 6-s/5-l shaper crit staff, with CwC and other good rolls on it.
And there is no good uniques for this build - did you read it even?

There is no problem to survive at low lvls - everything dies too fast to hurt you.
For tough cases (like Izaro) slot Warlord mark curse somewhere and use it manually.
Last edited by SilverWF on Mar 22, 2019, 8:49:25 PM
Not building this today, I don't have the $. but saved for the basis for a build another day.
How do I open the skill tree for this build from the Pastebin ?
"
SlaughterHauz wrote:
Not building this today, I don't have the $. but saved for the basis for a build another day.

Takes about 10 chaos to reach yellow/red maps.

"
adema2k wrote:
How do I open the skill tree for this build from the Pastebin ?

Google Path of Building, download and install it, then there is an import feature for pastebin. If you don't want to deal with that, you can view people's passive tree on the forums, just keep in mind that there are variations and not to get staff passives until you are using a staff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info