[3.6] Winter Orb CWC Ice Spears. 8.6k hp ,slayer leech, 9.8-10.7 mil dps ,Depth 749, easy Uber Elder

I am a bit confused right now.

How is this build leeching life again? Is there some item or passive that's allowing "spells" to leech? I have the 4 link CWC setup going right now and run with blood rage although it doesn't seem to have any effect as I expected. Doesn't a skill have to "hit" in order to trigger life leech and while we're at it, warlord's mark from the ring? I guess I'm not understanding what is "hitting" since I always thought only physical based attack/melee skills did this.
"
Durf wrote:

How is this build leeching life again? Is there some item or passive that's allowing "spells" to leech? I have the 4 link CWC setup going right now and run with blood rage although it doesn't seem to have any effect as I expected. Doesn't a skill have to "hit" in order to trigger life leech and while we're at it, warlord's mark from the ring? I guess I'm not understanding what is "hitting" since I always thought only physical based attack/melee skills did this.

from the wiki
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hit
"
Damage dealt by hits always has one of 3 damage sources (attack, spell or secondary, but note that damage over time never hits.) and is combined of any 5 damage types (physical, fire, cold, lightning or chaos).
"
Is this build op? All content? Nasty dps while still being tanky enough incase I derp?

All content, high DPS, and high HP pool. I wouldn't consider this a tanky build since our damage mitigation is not very much and we mainly rely on high damage, high hp, and leech to sustain. But the damage is off the charts. A lot of people (myself included) reached yellow/red maps with as little as 10c investment. The more you invest, the tankier and faster you clear like most other builds. But the shotgun effect of Ice Spears makes the damage increases multiply on top of itself.

"
bananasbabyy wrote:
Playing this build right now in Synthesis Softcore and was wondering if you would still decide to go Inquisitor instead of Slayer. With Vaal Pact so out of the way and without access to Acuity it's probably more worth it to go Inquisitor, correct?

Pretty much depends on playstyle, but Inquisitor seems the most popular choice with all of the dmg effect, consecrate under enemies, etc. Slayer will be a bit more tankier, but early game dmg usually is better to help clear faster. Can always change ascendancy later.

"
Also, since the guide doesn't go into depth onto what stats we want on what gear pieces, anyone have a link to another thread that will show the reccomended stats on pieces?

(i'm not very experienced with caster builds)

When playing new to me playstyles, I usually just inspect people with higher challenge counts to see where I can improve. Do whatever you need to get to mapping (everyone has their preferences), then farm for 6L, 2 wands with high spell dmg with benefits to cold to spells, crit multi, etc, and HP/res on everything else with at least 1 accessory that has cold damage leech. Then go to town and start upgrading slots as you can afford them. Rush Meek's for more HP, for example.

"
Durf wrote:

How is this build leeching life again?

Cold damage leeched as life accessory. OP has rings in their guide or I found a cheap amulet that did the job. You can also get the lab enchant on boots, but that only works if you've killed recently, so doesn't help on bosses with nothing else to kill.
Out of curiosity, about how many alterations should it take to get CWC and double damage as the two affixes on a Shaper staff? I'm a couple thousand in and haven't hit it yet...
"
Can always change ascendancy later.

There's another option, buy the offering to the serpent aka. slayer-ascendant-minus-cull gloves for relatively cheap, and forget about slayer altogether :P

There's an opportunity cost ofc, but they've been great on a budget. Either acuities or the multimodded gloves will cost you over 2ex, while these go for like 60c.

I have yet to pob different setups involving these 3 gloves, as im studying for finals though. Has someone ran some numbers or given it a try?
Last edited by Lisann on Mar 21, 2019, 11:44:10 PM
"
CallOfTheVoid wrote:
Out of curiosity, about how many alterations should it take to get CWC and double damage as the two affixes on a Shaper staff? I'm a couple thousand in and haven't hit it yet...

I used 2400, and hit Level 18 CWC on a regal (Had double damage + something else for prefix/suffix). After that I gave up and bought it with the mods.
Last edited by DuFFzbar on Mar 22, 2019, 3:28:14 AM
"
CallOfTheVoid wrote:

I hope you understand, that your staff must be 75+ iLvl?
But yeah, it's fkn rare mods, same as curses on Elder rings ><
I'm Russian and I love it.
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
Can it work without unnatural instinct ?
"
darkside1231 wrote:
Can it work without unnatural instinct ?

Yes, but it would require some changes on the tree.
DPS would be lower a bit
I'm Russian and I love it.
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
"
SilverWF wrote:

I hope you understand, that your staff must be 75+ iLvl?

Yes, and I've hit each mod individually a number of times.

I'm just questioning that it's only 10 ex or so to craft the staff when I'm about that deep in just alterations. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info