Warning: [Removed by Support] is a thief

"
Xtorma wrote:
Another one of these.
Look. Just scam as many people as you can until you get your exalts back. This is a perfectly acceptable way to deal with getting scammed. You can't get named. GGG doesn't care. The people on the forums will just blame the victim. You can not lose.

I hope you are still a child because it would make me sad that there are adults incapable of learning, because Shagsbeard already pointed out why your position is incorrect and flawed.
"
fomori2 wrote:
"
Xtorma wrote:
Another one of these.
Look. Just scam as many people as you can until you get your exalts back. This is a perfectly acceptable way to deal with getting scammed. You can't get named. GGG doesn't care. The people on the forums will just blame the victim. You can not lose.

I hope you are still a child because it would make me sad that there are adults incapable of learning, because Shagsbeard already pointed out why your position is incorrect and flawed.
Everyone has an opinion. This is mine. My method works great. I find this to be creative problem solving. It's advise , take it or leave it.
"
fomori2 wrote:
"
Xtorma wrote:
Another one of these.

When you get scammed RL and lose all your life savings, I hope you can also see how it's your fault for getting scammed and won't go to police to report it.

And here's a premature "GFY" for the inevitable "but games and rl are..." reply.
"
Unquietheart wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
They really should add a requirement that you check the item in the trade before you hit accept so that problems like this would be the total responsibility of the people involved in the trade and not GGG's problem at all. Really should.

Yeah, that.

Mouseover the item, select it, hit "verify" then proceed with the trade.

But I'm sure people will still complain. ... somehow.

Even without this feature, people is responsible of seeing the item is buying is the right one.
"
"
fomori2 wrote:
"
Xtorma wrote:
Another one of these.

When you get scammed RL and lose all your life savings, I hope you can also see how it's your fault for getting scammed and won't go to police to report it.

And here's a premature "GFY" for the inevitable "but games and rl are..." reply.

There is a famous saying when it comes to scamming in real life.

"
you can't scam somebody in the absence of greed

A scammer is somebody that utilizes greed to his benefit. It's one of the sins for a reason, it makes you vulnerable.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
These threads depress the shit out of me. Between the countless "it's your fault, sucker" replies all the way to the "scamming is good and part of the game" posts, it makes me weep if not for humanity, then for this game's playerbase. Add the occasional "it's all because of entitlement and political correctness, somehow" dumbfuckery, and it's enough to send me into despair.
Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Stay stupid.
Last edited by Foogalicious on Feb 14, 2019, 1:50:48 PM
"
Foogalicious wrote:
These threads depress the shit out of me. Between the countless "it's your fault, sucker" replies all the way to the "scamming is good and part of the game" posts, it makes me weep if not for humanity, then for this game's playerbase. Add the occasional "it's all because of political correctness, somehow" dumbfuckery, and it's enough to send me into despair.

Let's be fair, why would anybody care about somebody proclaiming the best course of action is to stay stupid?

"
Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Stay stupid.

Your advice to the OP would be to stay ignorant of the fact people with bad intentions do exist and to simply keep on trusting without discerning if people are actually worth your trust.

Solid building blocks for a fullfiling life i reckon?

I certainly wonder where the tendency of negative emotions eroding from your post comes from. How is utopia working out for you and would you raise a child with that worldview?

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
"
Foogalicious wrote:
These threads depress the shit out of me. Between the countless "it's your fault, sucker" replies all the way to the "scamming is good and part of the game" posts, it makes me weep if not for humanity, then for this game's playerbase. Add the occasional "it's all because of political correctness, somehow" dumbfuckery, and it's enough to send me into despair.

Let's be fair, why would anybody care about somebody proclaiming the best course of action is to stay stupid?

"
Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Stay stupid.

Let's be fair, why should anyone care about somebody that can't tell the difference between a bit of wordplay and a sincere life philosophy?

"
Your advice to the OP would be to stay ignorant of the fact people with bad intentions do exist and to simply keep on trusting without discerning if people are actually worth your trust.

No. My advice to the OP would be to be more careful during trades. But my advice to the rest of you would be to stop being such assholes.

Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Stay stupid.
"
Foogalicious wrote:

No. My advice to the OP would be to be more careful during trades. But my advice to the rest of you would be to stop being such assholes.

There are like two post's in a four page thread that i would consider "dicks".

Hardly worth a drama post about losing faith in humanity or pitying this community. Generalization etc etc black and white view etc etc....

"
Foogalicious wrote:
Let's be fair, why should anyone care about somebody that can't tell the difference between a bit of wordplay and a sincere life philosophy?

Is it a wordplay because it ends with stupid and the philosophy itself is an open door to idiocracy?

We must have different opinions about the functionality of a wordplay, i tend to use them to make people laugh.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
There is a famous saying when it comes to scamming in real life.

"
you can't scam somebody in the absence of greed

A scammer is somebody that utilizes greed to his benefit. It's one of the sins for a reason, it makes you vulnerable.

Peace,

-Boem-

Google doesn't agree with that being a saying, much less a famous one. Also 'desperation' is a much more suitable trait for targeted scamming than greed. Greed needs to be accompanied by stupidity for a regular scam to work. Greedy and stupid people tend to also be more volatile, which just adds another layer of risk.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info